• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting MFP Carrot Processing: Advice for Customers

In summary, to prevent carrots from getting stuck in your food processor, cut them into smaller pieces and pulse instead of continuously processing. If your food processor is leaking carrot juice, check for overfilling or a loose lid. To sharpen dull blades, use a sharpening stone or send them to a professional. For grating carrots for baking, use the grating attachment and pulse, scraping down the sides as needed. To avoid mushy carrots, pulse and check consistency frequently and remove from processor if needed.
EmilyStraw
Does the MFP do carrots? I have one customer whose is not, any suggestions?

I just used it last night . I did cut them into chunks first and then processed them smaller along with celery and onions. Worked fine.

I have done baby carrots in with some other stuff and it worked fine for me.

I use it for carrots all the time... it helps to cut it up a bit first, otherwise, you are pumping alot and it leaves bigger chunks uncut.

and don't overload it....

I have not had very good luck with minde doing carrots..I even cut them up first and they seem to just get stuck on the blades....but I think my blades are dulling out quickly..anyone else having problems with their blades dullng?

I believe a lot has to do with how fast you "pump"....if you just pump gently, you are just stirring around the contents.

I tried and tried to do carrots, they will work eventually, but I think the food chopper is the better tool for that job.

ChipLines said:
I believe a lot has to do with how fast you "pump"....if you just pump gently, you are just stirring around the contents.

This is one of the biggest things with the food chopper - you have to keep pumping and don't stop!! Things will get stuck and won't chop if you stop and go. Just pump, pump, pump, pump, pump until you are ready to check it. That and don't fill it too full!

Related to Troubleshooting MFP Carrot Processing: Advice for Customers

1. How do I prevent my carrots from getting stuck in the food processor?

To prevent your carrots from getting stuck in the food processor, make sure to cut them into smaller pieces before processing. Also, try pulsing the carrots instead of continuously processing them. This will help prevent the carrots from getting jammed in the blades.

2. My food processor is leaking carrot juice. What should I do?

If your food processor is leaking carrot juice, it could be due to overfilling the processor or not properly securing the lid. Make sure to only fill the food processor up to the recommended capacity and double check that the lid is securely locked in place before processing.

3. The blades on my food processor are dull. How can I sharpen them?

To sharpen the blades on your food processor, use a sharpening stone or a honing steel. Gently run the blade along the stone or steel at a 20-degree angle, making sure to sharpen both sides evenly. You can also send your blades to a professional sharpener for a more thorough sharpening.

4. Can I use my food processor to grate carrots for baking?

Yes, you can use your food processor to grate carrots for baking. Make sure to use the grating attachment and pulse the carrots until they are finely grated. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the processor bowl to ensure all carrots are evenly grated.

5. My carrots are turning into mush in the food processor. How can I avoid this?

To avoid your carrots turning into mush in the food processor, make sure not to over process them. It is also helpful to use the pulse setting and check the consistency of the carrots frequently. If they are becoming too mushy, stop processing and remove them from the food processor to avoid further damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • floccies
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • Spatch