• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacing an MFP Blade: What Are My Options?

In summary, many users of the MFP have experienced rust on their blades after a certain amount of time, despite carefully hand washing and drying the product. Some have had their MFP for over a year and have not noticed any rust, while others have had it for less time and have already seen rust. It is suggested to contact the company, HO, for a replacement blade. The possibility of humidity affecting the product is also mentioned.
KCPChef
I received the MFP as the freebie last winter for having the 2 shows in December. I use it everyday and LOVE it! However I noticed when I opened it last week, the blade is rusted :( Very upset! I am very careful to handwash and dry before putting away. How do I go about replacing it when it wasnt purchased from a party? Or can I replace it?

Call HO and they'll send you out a replacement.

ThanksI would suggest contacting HO for a replacement. I am sure they will replace it for you.I have had the same thing happen with mine - I've had mine for about a year and I don't use it too often. I had been thinking about calling HO for a replacement blade, but I've just been using it with the rust. I guess I'll have to call for a new one!I have the same problem with mine. I have just been using it too. I have had mine for about 2 years so I don't know if they will replace it or not.I've had mine for about a year and it's starting to rust as well. I was going to call HO and ask for a replacement blade but I haven't done it yet. I thought maybe it was just my blade.I've had mine for a year and it's starting to rust as well. I was going to call HO and ask for a replacement blade but I haven't done it yet. I thought maybe it was just my blade.I've had mine for about 2 years and I've noticed some rust as well. I don't use it all the time, but I'm careful with it when I do wash it. I think I'll give HO a call for a replacement too. Thanks for the idea!I just noticed the same thing on mine last week. I was going to call HO this week. I wonder if it has something to do with the humidity? I live in the SE and it gets pretty humid here.I've had mine for over a year and haven't noticed any rust, but I don't use it a lot. I live in the NW. I'm wondering if humidity has anything to do with it too. I usually hand wash it and dry it with a towel and then let it air dry completely before putting it away.I've had mine for about a year and I haven't noticed any rust yet. I don't use it a lot either. I do live in the Southeast though. I just hand wash it and let it air dry completely before putting it away. I also store it in a dry place. I wonder if humidity has anything to do with it. I do love mine though!

1. What is an MFP blade?

An MFP blade, also known as a multi-function processor blade, is a tool used in the kitchen to chop, blend, and puree food. It is a versatile kitchen gadget that can save time and effort in meal preparation.

2. How do I know if my MFP blade needs to be replaced?

If your MFP blade is dull, damaged, or no longer performing efficiently, it may be time for a replacement. Signs of a blade in need of replacement include difficulty chopping or blending, uneven cuts, and a decrease in the speed of the blade.

3. What are my options for replacing an MFP blade?

There are a few options for replacing an MFP blade. You can purchase a replacement blade directly from Pampered Chef or from a local kitchen supply store. Alternatively, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance in finding a certified repair technician in your area.

4. Can I sharpen my MFP blade instead of replacing it?

While it is possible to sharpen some MFP blades, it is not recommended. Sharpening can alter the blade's shape and affect its performance. Additionally, not all MFP blades can be sharpened, so it is best to consult the manufacturer's recommendations before attempting to sharpen the blade.

5. How often should I replace my MFP blade?

The lifespan of an MFP blade varies depending on usage and maintenance. However, it is generally recommended to replace the blade every 1-2 years for optimal performance. Regular cleaning and proper storage can also extend the life of your MFP blade.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• grgann
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • kreaser
  • Products and Tips
Replies