• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice - Do I Get the Mfp?

a lot. It would be great if the MFP was electric so that it could be plugged in, but I don't think it is worth the extra money.
kam
Staff member
OK, many of you own the MFP and have tried it.

I am trying to determine if I should buy this. I don't do too many shows lately, so this would be for personal use primarily. (If I still did a lot of shows, I would definitely get it to show off, but that's not the case).

I have a gazillion gadgets to chop: Full size Kitchen Aid Food Processor, Cuisinart Mini Prep, one that goes on the blender base, and one that attaches to an immersion blender (plus, of course, our Food Chopper x 2 and the Salad Choppers).

I am also the type of gal who will ALWAYS grab a knife and cutting board instead of the Mandoline.

SO, for those that have this - is our MFP amazing enough that I will use it?

For those that have food processor-type gadgets, are you finding that our MFP is easier to get out and use and clean?

Anyone out there who is the knife/cutting board type find it is worth the effort to use?

THANKS!

You do some shows though, right? I think the MFP is a must-have for this season! I think it is going to sell like hotcakes!

Sandi

Since you have a Mini Prep, I don't think you need the MFP. I do recommend that you go to a team meeting or somewhere that you can play with one to see how they work. This way you'll be able to talk with confidence to your customers about how it works. If you are trying to get more March and April bookings then yes, get it. Customers are definitely excited about it.

I'm not familiar with the Mini Prep but I love my MFP. I used mine a few days ago to make tuna salad for my family. Put the ingredients in, including the whole boiled egg, gave it a few pumps and it was done. I pulled the blade out, stuck the mini mix 'n scrape in for them to spoon it onto their bread and it was done. So easy!

I didn't buy the Mini Prep. How big is that one? I bought the $10 Hamilton-Beach 1-cup jobbie that I hated, but thought it would be handy for baby food. I worked for that, but it was a pain to use.

I too, am a knife woman. I don't use the food chopper because I have good knives. I think the food chopper, the UM and the MFP are more for people who have crappy knives. You LOVE those things when you don't have good knives. Once you have decent knives, it's just as easy to grab that and get the job done quickly. Because of my tendency to grab the knife, my knife skills are pretty good.

I did pick up the MFP because I have a 4 year-old. The FC is too hard for him to pound on and he and his father are both sensitive to noise and they think the FC is too noisy with the banging. I know the MFP makes noise too, but I think it will be quieter than the FC. I am currently waiting for its delivery. I will let you know what I think after I have it in my hands.

I like that ours isn't electric, I don't have to move stuff around to plug it in (not alot of counter space around our plug ins). It's also nice because compared to the cheapo electric one I got for DH, the container is open and doesn't have a clear post to put the blades on, this makes cleaning it out a lot easier. Plus the one I got DH is hard to snap together and it also hard to get a fine dice not just pulverized food.

I like how someone suggested above to go try someone else's. Plus right now you could get one at 50% off!

I only use mine for shows. I too will grab a knife and cutting board at home. It is just easier for me. If you are doing a few shows it might be wise to grab one to demonstrate.

lt1jane said:
I don't use the food chopper because I have good knives. I think the food chopper, the UM and the MFP are more for people who have crappy knives. You LOVE those things when you don't have good knives. Once you have decent knives, it's just as easy to grab that and get the job done quickly. Because of my tendency to grab the knife, my knife skills are pretty good.

I use my 5" santoku the most but I do love the food chopper. I use it when I want to chop onions quickly for sauteing or if I want to add chopped carrots and radishes to a salad. Also, if my kids are helping in the kitchen, I am much more comfortable to have them use the chopper, UM and MFP. Our knives are fantastic, but a little too sharp for little ones.

still trying to like the MFP, think I need to play with it some more.

I think it is very different from all of those that you described. You really have more control than with a mini-prep. It doesn't completely pulverize everything, unless you want it to. If you aren't doing shows, then is it a need, maybe not, but I do really like it. I don't use the mandoline either, although I do like it. I think it is much easier to use and clean up. I just toss the bowl and blade into the dishwasher and rinse off the top. Haven't had any trouble. I actually just used it last night to make the mango confetti salsa for my family and we all loved it (left out the jalapeno so the kids could eat it).

lesliec said:
I think it is very different from all of those that you described. You really have more control than with a mini-prep. It doesn't completely pulverize everything, unless you want it to. If you aren't doing shows, then is it a need, maybe not, but I do really like it. I don't use the mandoline either, although I do like it. I think it is much easier to use and clean up. I just toss the bowl and blade into the dishwasher and rinse off the top. Haven't had any trouble. I actually just used it last night to make the mango confetti salsa for my family and we all loved it (left out the jalapeno so the kids could eat it).

I would not rinse off the top. It is like the salad spinner. You don't want to get water in the inside of the cover. Wipe it with a damp cloth to clean.

lt1jane said:
I didn't buy the Mini Prep. How big is that one? I bought the $10 Hamilton-Beach 1-cup jobbie that I hated, but thought it would be handy for baby food. I worked for that, but it was a pain to use.

I too, am a knife woman. I don't use the food chopper because I have good knives. I think the food chopper, the UM and the MFP are more for people who have crappy knives. You LOVE those things when you don't have good knives. Once you have decent knives, it's just as easy to grab that and get the job done quickly. Because of my tendency to grab the knife, my knife skills are pretty good.
I did pick up the MFP because I have a 4 year-old. The FC is too hard for him to pound on and he and his father are both sensitive to noise and they think the FC is too noisy with the banging. I know the MFP makes noise too, but I think it will be quieter than the FC. I am currently waiting for its delivery. I will let you know what I think after I have it in my hands.

I have good knives and like to use them but I love how fast things like the mandoline and food chopper are. I'm just not as fast with the knives and slightly a klutz (okay a big klutz!). It takes me forever to dice an onion by hand but seconds with my food chopper./

All excellent feedback - just what I was looking for!! THANK YOU!

I hardly ever use my mini-prep or the other small electric choppers since they are not on my counter ready to use. I like the Cuisinart Mini prep - I just don't ever go through the hassle of bringing it out. I finally took my full size Food Processor out of the Pantry and put it on the counter - and I do use it more - or arleast think about using it more ;).

So, I was thinking the MFP might be easier to keep at my fingertips (and without having to find a spot to plug it in :))

Really, I own the FC ONLY for onions and nuts. The UM ONLY for shows. And, yes, I have decent knives (used to have Henckels - but now the PC Forged cutlery). And, I think that is a true statement about having good knives vs using the gadgets.

I am going to a cluster meeting tonight - so I think I will ask my Director to show us / or let us try the MFP. Great suggestion about trying it out.

Heck, maybe I'll get it just for fresh herbs. I think I read on a thread about using it for parsley.

And, yes, $25 (half off) is definitely a bargain.

wadesgirl said:
I have good knives and like to use them but I love how fast things like the mandoline and food chopper are. I'm just not as fast with the knives and slightly a klutz (okay a big klutz!). It takes me forever to dice an onion by hand but seconds with my food chopper./

Onions make me cry - so there is NO way I can use a knife when I need to cut up onions! That is why I love the FC for onions so much.

kam said:
All excellent feedback - just what I was looking for!! THANK YOU!

I hardly ever use my mini-prep or the other small electric choppers since they are not on my counter ready to use. I like the Cuisinart Mini prep - I just don't ever go through the hassle of bringing it out. I finally took my full size Food Processor out of the Pantry and put it on the counter - and I do use it more - or arleast think about using it more ;).

So, I was thinking the MFP might be easier to keep at my fingertips (and without having to find a spot to plug it in :))

Really, I own the FC ONLY for onions and nuts. The UM ONLY for shows. And, yes, I have decent knives (used to have Henckels - but now the PC Forged cutlery). And, I think that is a true statement about having good knives vs using the gadgets.

I am going to a cluster meeting tonight - so I think I will ask my Director to show us / or let us try the MFP. Great suggestion about trying it out.

Heck, maybe I'll get it just for fresh herbs. I think I read on a thread about using it for parsley.

And, yes, $25 (half off) is definitely a bargain.

Yup half price, cannot beat it! If you don't like it after a while, you can always pass it onto someone else!

I keep my onions in the fridge. Cold onions create waaaayyyyyy fewer tears when chopping/cutting

lt1jane said:
I keep my onions in the fridge. Cold onions create waaaayyyyyy fewer tears when chopping/cutting

AH!!!! Maybe that's why my last onion hurt so bad!! I was still smelling it hours later on my hands even though I had washed them and my eyes burned SO BAD!! I normally put them in the fridge but this one was left out from the night before.

I bought my MFP and give a try before taking it to my show. I always try my new products just to be safe if it doesn't work too well. To be honest, I think this products is a waste of time. I think the Food Chop works better then this product! MFP doesn't chop everything up! The more pump I did, the finer it gets at the bottom but the food on the top part is not even circulate to the bottom. Did anybody have this problem? I had to scrap out and find the ones that need to cut out more, it's a pain and a waste of my prep time. I hesitate to show that new product and it's costly! Maybe, this particular ones had a problem, wonder if PC will take it back for replacement.

you do know the trick to "wash" (under running water) your hands with something stainless steel in your hands to get rid of the onion/garlic smell don't you?

I tried the MFP at a cluster meeting on Tuesday, but struggled to get the lid off! I thought the confetti salsa was going to fly across the kitchen. Is anyone else having this problem? I haven't purchased my own yet and don't want to demo one if I can't even open the darned thing easily!

Brenda.the.chef said:
I tried the MFP at a cluster meeting on Tuesday, but struggled to get the lid off! I thought the confetti salsa was going to fly across the kitchen. Is anyone else having this problem? I haven't purchased my own yet and don't want to demo one if I can't even open the darned thing easily!

Good Question, Brenda! I had this problem last night, too. Anyone??

Sandi

Peel your onion, then place in freezer for 5-10 min. No more tears!

just got my MFP today. My 4 year-old son had a blast playing with it and making it spin! If you are working with children, this is hands down better than the FC!! He can work the MFP but is not yet strong enough to pound on the FC. He wanted to put something in it in the worst way.

I will be buying the makings for salsa after work tomorrow! He's going to have fun!!

1. What is an Mfp?

An Mfp stands for "multi-functional processor" and is a kitchen appliance that combines the functions of a food processor, blender, and juicer in one. It is a popular tool for meal prep and cooking.

2. How does an Mfp differ from a regular food processor?

Unlike a traditional food processor, an Mfp usually has additional features such as blending and juicing capabilities. It is also designed to be more compact and versatile, making it a convenient tool for various cooking tasks.

3. Is an Mfp worth the investment?

It depends on your individual cooking needs and preferences. If you regularly use a food processor, blender, and juicer in your cooking, an Mfp may save you space and money in the long run. However, if you rarely use these appliances, it may not be necessary to invest in an Mfp.

4. What are some popular brands of Mfps?

Some popular brands of Mfps include KitchenAid, Cuisinart, Ninja, and Hamilton Beach. It's important to do your research and read reviews to determine which brand and model best suits your needs.

5. Are there any tips for using an Mfp effectively?

Yes, some tips for using an Mfp effectively include reading the instruction manual thoroughly, starting with small batches of food, and experimenting with different settings and attachments. It's also important to properly clean and maintain your Mfp to ensure it lasts for a long time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • straitfan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies