• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting an Older Spatula Handle Issue

In summary, the most common issue with older spatula handles is cracking or splitting, which can make them difficult to use and potentially unsafe. While it is possible to temporarily repair a cracked or split handle, it is recommended to prevent cracking by avoiding extreme temperatures and proper cleaning and drying. Discoloration is normal over time, but if accompanied by cracking, the handle may need to be replaced. It is not safe to continue using a spatula with a cracked handle and it is best to replace it if necessary.
kaseydee
Gold Member
Does anyone remember having problems with the handle coming off any of the older spatulas? My mom's friend has one that came off & I'm trying to figure out which one & if it would be a warranty item.

I think she might be referring to the min-serving spatulas. I had several that I had to get replaced, funny, mine never came apart!

I have not had a problem with mine but i had a customer saturday that was ordering a new one because her handle came off her older one. And said that she knew off a few others that had the same problem. I have replaced a few in the past as well.

The mini-serving spatula handle came off mine. I haven't had any others that I know of returned but I like the new style much better anyway.

I've had a few customers who have had the handles come off the large serving spatula.

I had a customer who melted the handle on a large serving spatula. She apparently missed the word "serving" in the name, and had been using it to cook with (I think in non-stick cookware, too). She left it sitting in the pan and then wondered why the handle melted. Luckily, when I told her that it wasn't really designed for that, she was OK with it and admitted it was her fault. If I remember correctly, she ordered the Small Nylon Turner to use instead.

Related to Troubleshooting an Older Spatula Handle Issue

1. What is the most common issue with older spatula handles?

The most common issue with older spatula handles is cracking or splitting, which can make them difficult to use and potentially unsafe.

2. Can I fix a cracked or split spatula handle?

In some cases, a cracked or split spatula handle can be repaired with glue or tape. However, this is only a temporary solution and may not hold up with frequent use.

3. How can I prevent my spatula handle from cracking?

To prevent your spatula handle from cracking, avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures and do not use it on very hot surfaces. Also, be sure to properly clean and dry the handle after each use to prevent moisture buildup.

4. My spatula handle is discolored, is this normal?

Discoloration on a spatula handle is normal over time, especially if it is made of a lighter-colored material. However, if the discoloration is accompanied by cracking or splitting, it may be a sign of wear and tear and the handle may need to be replaced.

5. Is it safe to continue using my spatula with a cracked handle?

No, it is not safe to use a spatula with a cracked handle. This can not only make it difficult to use, but it can also pose a safety hazard. It is best to replace the spatula handle or the entire spatula if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb O
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Linda Lehman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cincychef