• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with the Neighbor Across the Street: E's Unspoken No

In summary, T's neighbor E is not interested in having a party and T tells her this. E booked from T's show last summer and then cancelled and said she wanted to reschedule. T is not stalking E--I think I've called her about once every 6 weeks or so to see if she's still interested. T said that E doesn't want to hurt my feelings. E is immature and does not have the courtesy to contact T and let her know she is not interested. T has tried calling E three times and if she does not get a
DebbieJ
I was at my neighbor's (T) this morning and we got to talking about the neighbor (E) across the street.

So T tells me that E isn't really interested in having a party so I should stop calling her. WTF???

E booked from T's show last summer and then cancelled and said she wanted to reschedule. I am not stalking E--I think I've called her about once every 6 weeks or so to see if she's still interested. She's never picked up and never called me back.

T said that E isn't one to say no. She doesn't want to hurt my feelings. :confused:

I told T that if E would just tell me, I would stop calling her.

Makes me want to keep calling her even more. :evil grin:

I would send something in the mail. I usually have some sort of promotion going ie. book to look. So I would send one to her stating that I am holding a special for anyone who books with me in "APRIL". if she books a show and holds the date she will receive "x" item at her party. If she really is interested then the word "free" will get her and she will call. If you do happen to get ahold of her you could also see if she is interested in holding a catalog show instead, sometimes people think that is easier for them and they can still earn host benefits!

Oh believe me, I've thrown her tons of "bones."

Why don't people grow up and be mature. I am not going to die if you tell me have changed your mind about being a consultant or having a show. What irritates me is wasting my time by not having the courtesy to contact me and let me know you are not interested. I have better things to do then talk to your answering machine or waiting for you as you stand me up Starbucks - I will now step off my soap box

I couldn't agree more Kathy!!!:D

I also agree, it agrrivates me that you call and call and never get an answer in return. Is there someway we can stress return calls AT the show, when handing out packets or something.

If I got info like that...I would chalk it up to imurturity and just stop bothering.
Why waste the energy? Some saying about beating a dead horse, I think.

If I get no answers after three tries, I am done and move on.

I have more important things in my life to do than waste 5 minutes even if it is only once ever 6 weeks. If this has been going on since last summer, then I would figure you lost one hour of call time to people who are interested or may be interested. She apparently is NOT. And your neighbor (T) told you so.
I would simply STOP wasting the time.

Kathytnt said:
Why don't people grow up and be mature. I am not going to die if you tell me have changed your mind about being a consultant or having a show. What irritates me is wasting my time by not having the courtesy to contact me and let me know you are not interested. I have better things to do then talk to your answering machine or waiting for you as you stand me up Starbucks - I will now step off my soap box

Amen, sister!

I'd keep calling. . .just to be a pain!!

I umpteenth that! I HATE IT when people avoid me. My last message usually is something like, "It's fine if you don't want to have your party/become a consultant, just please let me know so I can stop bugging you about it! If I don't hear from you, I'll just assume you're busy and will keep trying!"

Three strikes you're out!!I think maybe we should all adopt a three strikes you're out, mentality. That way we don't go nuts!!!! :eek:

I used to do two times but now I have tried three times. This way I know for sure. I mean we can only leave so many messages without getting the hint. I usually only try a few times and then I strike them off my list. I feel like I'm begging if I call more than this.

Along with the calls I do send a postcard with my info and that's it.

If I don't get a call back, I can safely assume they are not interested, no matter how excited they acted or sounded when I talked to them about it.
I have had so many of those ladies that I fantasized about being another $1,000 host or even a $2,000 host for me. Unfortunately some didn't pan out but I am grateful for the ones that did!

Debbie :D

I had a lady "book" a show (yeah, right) from another show a year ago. I mailed her the host packet (she was an outside order that's why I didn't give it to her that night) and asked her to send me her guest list and I would mail out the invitations for her. Well she changed the date twice then when I believed that it was actually going to happen, still no guest list. She asked me to send her the invites and she would get them done. I tried to get a hold of her for host coaching, etc but always got the machine. About 4 days before her show she called and left a message on my machine saying she wasn't going to be able to do the show then, but would like to re-schedule. I have called, sent e-mails, newsletters (not to the point of stalking status... LOL) and even reminded her that Miss X would not be entitled to the host special IF she didn't follow through with her show by this date. NOTHING. I feel like calling her and just playing the message (probably to HER machine) that she left on my machine about 7 months ago (yes, amazing that I saved it) and just hanging up. You think she would get it?

bless and release, and move on, their are other fish out there who want to host a show

ChefLoriG said:
bless and release, and move on, their are other fish out there who want to host a show

In the wise words of Ilene Meckley:
"Some will, some won't, so what? Who's next?"

Yeah, I know...bless and release....

really, I haven't called her that much. It takes about 10 seconds of my time. I know she works nights so I've tried at all different times and figured I would keep trying b/c her schedule is so wacky.

But the fact that my one neighbor, T, who I consider my friend, would feel a need to tell me....it just really puts me off. She's in direct sales, too, so I though she would understand my frustration. I know she runs her business differently (barely picks up the phone) so I shouldn't be surprised at her attitude. Oh well...

I completely understand the frustration. I think we've all had it. I also understand that sometimes they are excited at the show but then change their mind. I wish they would understand that we'd actually prefer a NO to a false yes or maybe. We feel great when we get a yes, but a no is really okay.I tried calling someone that was told she should really have a show b/c it would be great and she said yes. I called her and called her and...you get the picture. Last time, I called and her husband said she was just pulling into the driveway and to give her a few minutes to settle. Called back and he said she isn't interested in having a show. I would never make my husband do that. I would just be honest. Bad time, whatever. I suppose she knew I'd have suggestions (book party...whatever).I try to adopt the call three times with the last call telling them to call me if they decide to have a show or need any other service. I think I'll start with the postcard too.Feels good to vent. But YEAH to the people that call me as an outside order to book a show!! I've had great luck with that lately (lots of catalog shows) and they get going right away. Love the $500-600 catalog shows!!

I have a three strikes they are out policy. If someone books, and reschedules at least twice, I don't call them to book anymore. Same with calling for bookings. If I have left three messages, I drop them. I just don't have the patience or the time

plus I like baseball and like saying I have a three strikes your out policy:D

It sounds like a "no" to me. A no is so freeing. Move on and spend your time and energy on people that actually want your services.

My last message is something like I haven't been able to reach you so if you are still wanting to have a show give me a call.

I have the same issue sometimes, but I thought it might help to hear that it isn't just those of us in direct sales who have this issue. DH is a financial planner, and sometimes his customers (even those who have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested with him) avoid his calls to evaluate their accounts. The same thing--messages unreturned, and calling when they say they'll be there and they don't pick up. It's not just us! People just hate to say no, and they'd rather be tremendously rude and avoid the no rather than just bucking up. What can you do?

1. What is "Trouble with the Neighbor Across the Street: E's Unspoken No" about?

"Trouble with the Neighbor Across the Street: E's Unspoken No" is a story about a neighbor, E, who is having difficulties with the neighbor across the street. It explores the unspoken tension and conflict between the two neighbors and the impact it has on their daily lives.

2. Is this a true story?

No, "Trouble with the Neighbor Across the Street: E's Unspoken No" is a work of fiction.

3. How does this relate to Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is not directly related to the story, but it can serve as a reminder to practice good communication and conflict resolution skills, which are important in any relationship, including with neighbors.

4. Is this appropriate for all ages?

The story does not contain any explicit content, but it may be more suitable for older readers due to its mature themes and language.

5. Are there any lessons or takeaways from the story?

The story serves as a reminder to communicate openly and address conflicts instead of letting them fester. It also highlights the importance of empathy and understanding in resolving issues with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Kelly8
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • KaiKendall