• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Neighbors Rather Have My Recruiter and Not Me..

In summary, Karen's neighbor booked with her recruiter before Karen became a consultant, and Karen is upset because she feels like she no longer has an opportunity to attend the party. Karen recommends moving on and focusing on the other potential hosts on her list.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I signed up in December, have sent emails to my neighbor ladies (we are normally one big happy group) telling them that I am now a PC consultant...Thinking "Their great, I'll get at least one or two shows from them" only to find out that they want to stick with my recruiter and not me!:mad:

Anyone else run into this? Maybe we are not a big happy group like I thought. And I know one neighbor who booked from my show in Dec (before I became a consultant) for Feb cause she wants the knife set at 60% off, so no-one wants to host because of that as well - to make sure she gets all the sales in the neighborhood so she can get her knife set! GRRR

Let it go and move on? Should I really let this bother me?

Thanks for the rant!

Karen

Bless and release. There are plenty of other fish in the sea, and maybe they'll come around later once your business is a bit more established. It is frustrating, but it's not worth your time and effort to stress over it. Just move on. :)

Bummer! But I wouldn't let it get you down, I've run into similar issues, it's really hard to break through that "inner circle of friends" but don't give up!
It's actually alot easier to work your business once you're out of that circle. Alot less pressure on you and your friends. One way I got around it was to ask my inner circle of friends if they could help me get my business started by giving me names of their friends that we may not have in common that they thought would like to host a show. It worked and I got 3 bookings!

Good luck and don't give up;)

Hey Karen sorry to hear about that. Now is your neighbor, the one who booked from your party BEFORE you became a consultant, doing her party with your recruiter, the lady she booked with? If so, and your neighbors are not booking with you because they want to attend her party so she gets lots of stuff, do not fret. If your recruiter did NOT give you the party, let it go. Then ask your neighbors personally, if they would book with you after that. This seems situational rather than they do not want to book with you. I think you will be fine after that party takes place. So let this one go. And here is a side note on that party, you as the past host gets to order from it to get a 60% off item. Also, but I am not totally sure on this, if people book from her party and then have you consult, I think your neighbor can still get the past host benefits at their parties even if you consult and not the original consultant. Check that for sure though before you take it as total fact. Anyone out here know if this is the case? I can not remember. Take care Karen, you will be triumphant with your neighbors!

Last edited:
I was told by my recruiter, who is the consultant for the show since my neighbor would prefer her, that since I became a consultant, that I loose the ability to be a 'past host guest' and order the current host special.... I do want those mixing bowls....

Do not fret or take it personally. Move on to the next people on your list. If you let yourself get all wrapped up in this disappointment it will bring you to a bitter place and no one want's to book with someone like that. I know it is hurtful. Many of us have been thru it. Keep your chin up and keep positive. You will get out of your biz what you put in!

Your recruiter should have given you all the bookings from your show. That sucks. I always give the bookings away when I recruit a host.

As a new consultant, you aren't eligible for the past host benefit or the 10% discount. But, the past host benefit goes with the host, not the consultant. Meaning that any consultant can do the party & the past host still gets the special.

It was left up to my neighbor who she wanted, so I really didn't get a say in it....Thanks for all the support, so glad I became a part of this community! There will be more than just the ladies around me - just gotta keep at it!

My 2 cents . . . The recruiter did not have to give you that party. Maybe she is counting on it, too. The big thing is to not be 'sour grapes' with your group of friends. Someone is sure to have a party with you soon or later, especially if you are fun and upbeat.

The other thing is not to rely on email. The personal touch of the phone (I know, we don't want to hear that) is best. If you need ideas, check out the tele-classes. It is great that they are recorded so you can download them to your computer, MP3, or iPod.

Good luck and don't get discouraged!
Sandi

When I signed up, my recruiter (who had been doing the shows in our neighborhood) gave me the shows booked off of my show.. BUT, I checked with the 2 friends first to make sure it was OK. If they had wanted my recruiter (the original consultant), that would have been OK, too.

Actually, the best thing that happened for my biz was to get OUT of my circle of friends. I noticed that friends can sometimes be MUCH more high maintenance hosts since they expect more form you since you are their friend/neighbor. Just my experience, though.

One friend did a show for me early on and I got CONSTANT calls...
-Who should I invite (since there was neighborhood drama going on at the same time).
-Who should I hand invites to? Who should I mail them to?
-Can I have more than 40 invites? (She never even sent out 20)
-I need more catalogs for outside orders (had no outside orders anyway)
-Last minute: I forgot some of the ingredients - can you bring them?
-Oh, and by the way, I won't be home when you get there to set up

on and on...

So, from this experience, I do not push friends/neighbors to do shows. I certainly offer and get plenty of orders from them. But, I don't push.

I have had new consultants on my team use the past host benefit from their show before they became a consultant. Leah had a show and Stephanie booked of it. Leah became a consultant and did Stephanie's show, but still got to order the past host item, because it was BEFORE she became a consultant. Just put in her Host #.And the booking follows the host, not the consultant.Good luck!

Look at it this way--one day soon you'll have customers who are so loyal to you that they won't be able to imagine having someone else do their party.

Ok you really shouldn't be bitter about this. It truly is best to reach out beyond your inner circle.

My situation so I understand where you are coming from but have accepted it.

My recruiter is my best friends husbands best friend. When she joined PC in fall of 08. My best friend and her husband hosted one of her first shows. I attended the show for my friends at time recruiter was more of an aquantance due to mutual friends. I had a sour taste in my mouth about PC because I was not impressed at the only prior party I'd ever attended. I didn't really care for consultant and she kind of turned me off of the product. Any way at party I saw how much fun my recruiter was having. I realized that it could be fun and that the products were great. All I really planned on wanting was a stone. I bought the rectangular stone at that party and booked my own party because I wanted soooooo much more.

At that point I was not even considering the oppurtunity. My recruiter heard I was looking to go back to a PT job I had previously for extra $. Talked a little during host coaching and all that. At party played a game that told more about it. I decided to use my FPV since show wasn't great towards kit credit. Haven't looked back. I love it.

Has my best friend ever hosted a party for me? No do I hold it against her No. It is what it is. They buy from both of us to keep it fair. But haven't hosted a show for her either. It is a difficult dynamic with their families as well but we work with it. Unfortunately there is bound to be overlap but it's fine.

I also don't get mad at the fact that I signed in November of 08 and had my first show with anyone in my husbands ginourmous family in July of 09! So I do understand your frustration. But patience pays off!

That show warranted 2 solid bookings. Both were great shows.

One of those shows warranted 1 solid booking and 1 recruit lead

That show warranted 2 more bookings right away and a booking from my friends mom who happened to be related to the host and had turned me down in the past.

Anyway my long winded post's point is just to reassure you that in time the bookings and leads will come even if you have to wait awhile for the people you think will be your early leads!!

Good luck with your new business advenuture!!:)

Patty Davis said:
I have had new consultants on my team use the past host benefit from their show before they became a consultant. Leah had a show and Stephanie booked of it. Leah became a consultant and did Stephanie's show, but still got to order the past host item, because it was BEFORE she became a consultant. Just put in her Host #.

And the booking follows the host, not the consultant.

Good luck!

It sometimes slips through HO but this is not okay. We forfiet any past host special/discount when we sign as a consultant.

1. What does the phrase "Neighbors Rather Have My Recruiter and Not Me" mean?

The phrase "Neighbors Rather Have My Recruiter and Not Me" refers to the idea that your friends and acquaintances may show more interest in joining Pampered Chef through your recruiter instead of you. This can be discouraging, but it's important to remember that every consultant has their own unique strengths and abilities to offer.

2. How can I make sure my neighbors choose me as their Pampered Chef consultant?

The best way to make sure your neighbors choose you as their Pampered Chef consultant is to build strong relationships with them and provide excellent customer service. Show them the value of working with you and the benefits of being a part of your team. Also, make sure to stay in touch and follow up with them regularly.

3. What should I do if my neighbor expresses interest in joining Pampered Chef through my recruiter?

If your neighbor expresses interest in joining Pampered Chef through your recruiter, it's important to be supportive and understanding. Remember that your recruiter is also a part of your team and their success ultimately benefits you as well. You can still offer to mentor and support your neighbor as they start their Pampered Chef journey.

4. How can I overcome feelings of competition with my recruiter?

It's natural to feel a sense of competition with your recruiter when it comes to recruiting new consultants, but it's important to remember that you are all on the same team. Instead of focusing on competition, try to collaborate and support each other. You both have something unique to offer and can learn from each other's successes.

5. What are some strategies for successfully recruiting new consultants and retaining them?

Some strategies for successfully recruiting new consultants and retaining them include building strong relationships, offering support and training, and consistently communicating the benefits and opportunities of being a Pampered Chef consultant. It's also important to listen to your consultants and address any concerns or challenges they may have. Lastly, lead by example and show them the benefits of being a successful consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• laylaleigh
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Brandie
  • robinhild