• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Really Upset With My Recruiter

In summary, the consultant is feeling frustrated because her director has not been helpful in her training and she has had to rely on others for guidance. She is unable to switch to another director but can request hospitality for long-distance consultants. The consultant is encouraged to utilize the resources available on the Consultant's Corner website and reach out to her upline and the community for support and advice. Despite the lack of support from her director, she is determined to succeed in her business.
Kimberlymmj
I signed under her and she has been of no help to me whatsoever. She is a Director. I called her yesterday and asked her to help me by going to a couple of shoes so I can observe and she was like well you've seen my show. I don't know what I am doing. I didn;t even know I can order the samples on the website for half off. My friend had to tell me, My recruiter was supposed to call me this morning with a person I can observe and nothing. She said she does not like tocall her consultants and be a bother to them.

Can I go under someone else? It's just awkward because I know her cousin and we see eachother in the school, Has anyone else ever had something like this happen? Isn't she supposed to help train me? I know it's a business but some guidence would have been nice.

Unfortunately, you can't switch to someone else. You can, however, request hospitality which is meant for long-distance consultants, but you're obviously needing the help. She is supposed to help train you-in fact she gets paid overrides and monthly team production bonuses for that very reason. Ask your director if she would mind contacting the company to request hospitality for you. Do you live near her? You can PM me anytime with questions-I feel so bad for you!

You can't switch, but you can still be successful! It doesn't all depend on your recruiter/director. 1. Consultant's Corner is a wonderful resource. You'll want to read the Policies and Procedure's right away, because a lot of information is covered in there. There are so many training courses and articles to read.2. This website is sooooo full of useful and helpful information. When I was new, I'd come on here and just read through lots of threads about the various topics I was interested in. Any time you have a question, you have people here to help.3. Hopefully your cluster has monthly meetings that you can attend to get some additional training.I have a great recruiter/director, but she was having a baby and going on maternity leave right when I signed on. I felt bad bothering her for all my little questions. So I spent a lot of time doing research and learning on here. I owe all my knowledge and success to what I have gained from the wonderful people here on CS!You can do it!

Kimberly,
I am with PC 3 1/2 years & when I signed my recruiter/now director was useless & still is. She lives a block away & we don't see one another for weeks on end. At first I thought about stopping & signing under someone else, but I was TOO determined to give up. Finally from doing so well my AD called me & asked why I didn't attend meetings etc...I told her & she talked me into going. If it was not for my AD/now SD & my ED but mostly THIS SITE I would have given up long ago. I also did not want to lose my career sales. Please don't kiss her butt because she is not going to change. If you ever need anything either come here or email me or your upline because WE will help you out. BTW...where are you from? maybe if close enough you can stop by. Hang in there & hold your head up, its YOUR business!!! :D

I'm sorry your director isn't being helpful. That is really sad. Most people with PC are more than happy to help each other, as you can see from some of the notes above. That is another wonderful thing about PC -- they are not only helpful with advise, but are also more than willing to share forms, etc!! Please do come to CS here with any questions we can help you out with. Keep your business thriving, don't let your director's lack of direction stop your career.

Ginger428 said:
Kimberly,
I am with PC 3 1/2 years & when I signed my recruiter/now director was useless & still is. She lives a block away & we don't see one another for weeks on end. At first I thought about stopping & signing under someone else, but I was TOO determined to give up. Finally from doing so well my AD called me & asked why I didn't attend meetings etc...I told her & she talked me into going. If it was not for my AD/now SD & my ED but mostly THIS SITE I would have given up long ago. I also did not want to lose my career sales. Please don't kiss her butt because she is not going to change. If you ever need anything either come here or email me or your upline because WE will help you out. BTW...where are you from? maybe if close enough you can stop by. Hang in there & hold your head up, its YOUR business!!! :D

exactly what Ginger said!! And to add one more, WHEN you are successful, your recruiter will probably take the credit for it - just grin and bear it. And keep moving forward!!
Good luck!

Thanks ladies. I am just going to try. I have a party here next week and I am going to wing it.

Kimberlymmj said:
Thanks ladies. I am just going to try. I have a party here next week and I am going to wing it.

You don't need to wing it. You have show presentation cards that came in your kit as well as the DVD of a Cooking show. You have online training about your cooking show.

Use the resources that are provided to you!

Kimberly, I just read over your posts and you may want to consider contacting your director's director. Yes, I have experienced this so my best advise it to not complain to your upline about her (unfortunately, you will not gain anything by it nor will your director be reprimanded for it). Look beyond that. Consentrate on bookings, selling and recruiting. The rest of the negativity will only drag you down.

How did I over come this? I was determined to succeed no matter what. Be a sponge and learn all you can from Consultant's Corner. There is so much more information, training, etc. from when I started.

Invest in National Conference. I signed up in late March and attended my first conference that next July. You will connect with us on Chef Success and you will make new friends. What you will learn is worth EVERY penny you spend. (keep your receipts because it is a write off).

Nine years later (my 9 year anniversary in tomorrow!!!) and her is where I am now. My recruiter quit several years ago. A relative was her upline and she left but a few years later came back. I was reassigned to our SD. In the meantime, I have grown my business and my team while working full time. My team is now up to around 20. I hope to promote my first and hopefully second director later this year. Would love to be walking the stage as an AD, but we will see!

Shear determination is what you need to focus on. I constantly tell my team to learn from others along with me. If they rely totally on me, they will not get a rounded experience. My team is encouraged to share constantly and they do. We all learn from each other. Go to meetings and be the thirstiest sponge you can be!!!:chef:

Ann,
Thank you so much. What is an upline? I am not going to complain. I don;t want to be that person because it gets you nothing. Just a bad name. Out here everyone knows everyone. How do I know when there will be meetings? I have no ide.

Kimberlymmj said:
Ann,
Thank you so much. What is an upline? I am not going to complain. I don;t want to be that person because it gets you nothing. Just a bad name. Out here everyone knows everyone. How do I know when there will be meetings? I have no ide.

Well, that is what your Director is for. To let you know about the meetings,upline,Conference etc...but like Ann said you can find a TON of things on CC...HTH :D

I too have a recruiter that i signed up under and we both go to the same church and she is not much help at all. i had to learn how to do the show my self and i never went to watch any one else doing one. My recuriter now is done with pc she is now a nurse or is in school for one and so much is going on right now for here so she has no time any more of pc. when i did sign she did not help much i aksed her questions and she never gave me a direct awnser so i have a wounderful director and fellow consultants that i get info from. I had no traning at all i basicly had to come up with my own idea about how to do a show. That is when i started doing interactive ones and that has really helped me so try doing one of those can get the dvd from the supply order and watch it ist is very helpful. best of luck

Ann, I love your advice. Having a director who doesn't support can definitely sap the heart and energy. I think your words are spot on. :)

I have been in this same situation as well. I love my director as a person, but never received any training, feedback nor advise. Not wanting to step on anyone's toes and ask for help, my Senior Director realized what was happening and swooped in and helped me out:) I've also had some very good friends in my cluster as well (several of them are on here). That's the awesome thing about this biz, you're never by yourself!

My recruiter wasn't the best source of info...very nice, but very busy. I didn't really NEED her though. I read my Consultant News, I looked at everything I could on Consultant Corner and found a consultant in my cluster that was a good source to bounce things off of. Of course, that was before I knew about this site. I am the one that has the answers for everyone in my group about what's going on (specials, incentives) and what the rules are, whatever. I don't need others to tell me. I just figure it out so it sticks. That's how I learn though. I never saw a PC show other than my OWN and kind of figure that I'm more able to just do it the way I want b/c I'm not thinking I HAVE to do it a certain way.So moral is...just do it. You'll be fine. It would be nice to be guided, but you have all of the info at your disposal (or at least you should). Ask questions and do searches here. We are here to help. I can now give my director ideas that I find :). Good luck!

My director is awesome- but when she's busy or unavailable I always talk to my regional director (is that what they're called). She's my director's director. She also helps me a ton and only lives 5 min from me, whereas my director lives an hour away.

I have the opposite problem! I offer to help my recruits, invite them to meetings and trainings and they never take me up on anything!

legacypc46 said:
Ann, I love your advice. Having a director who doesn't support can definitely sap the heart and energy. I think your words are spot on. :)

Thanks, Kris. I didn't tell you even a speck of the drama that went on. It is so in the past and looking back, I didn't give myself enough credit for continuing to dig in and rise above the "crap".

Kimberly, the best advice is this...success is the SWEETEST revenge!! Sometimes people say, "Well I don't like the fact that she is earning $ off from me when she does nothing." Just don't think about it. It is one of those things that you have accept as something you cannot change.

Find someone above your director, someone who signed her up or someone successful in your group. Try to get ideas from them and model their behavior. (Don't try to BE them...we are who we are).

Persistence and patience are the winners in this business. It doesn't mean you won't feel defeated at times...but turn to someone you admire in your group, turn to Consultant's Corner and Consultant News. Certainly turn here for support and ideas too.

When someone tries to make you feel bad or if you find yourself getting down on yourself...that is when going into denial is the best advice!! Ignore the negative! It won't make you a "Stepford wife" or gullable...it will help you not hit the lows so hard.

Keep asking those questions and searching for answers. There is a TON of information and ways to do things out there. Keep trying them and you will find things that work and fit perfect in your business to make it successful!:chef:

kimberly - i didnt read anyone else's posts, just yours. so i may be repeating what others have said. i have been to very few of my cluster meetings because of nighttime classes. i adore my director but she is sort of "in-your-face" & she tends to "throw-up" information at me constantly. so i tend to not ask her for help. everything ive learned about rules, regulations, shows, products, samples, change-overs, etc, i have learned from browsing the threads here. some people are lucky to have a great recruiter/director. i feel that my business is as successful as i want it to be simply because of CS. good luck to you :chef:

Wow I'm really lucky I think after reading all these posts. My recruiter is a friend. We weren't great friends before I joined PC(she was friends of my best friend and her husband and that's how we knew eachother) but now we are much closer. Both being in their wedding also I think helped with that. LOL I don't really look to her for help all the time though. She signed only a few months before she talked me into it. I'm currently the only one in her "downline" Our director is fantastic. My recruiter works with our director so she always has that for her. I tend to go to more meetings than my immediate recruiter as far as our ED cluster monthly meetings. But when our director has focus meetings with just her downline almost all of us show up. She has been doing focus meetings since she was a FD. She promoted actually last April ( I remember because she joked it was April fools!:) ) I've taken my director up on doing weekly training calls and they have helped a lot. She offered it at our last focus meeting and it makes both of us accountable. It helps me get myself out there so I can report good progress back to her every week. Sorry didn't mean to make this post so long

Maybe you could find another clustermate that needs guidance and you could keep eachother accountable?? This site is also great. I spend way too much time here while at work!! So I better improve my PC paycheck before this hurts my day job!!!:p

Why do people sit back and accept such things? In my full-time job as a director I would never be allowed to treat my team the way I and apparently others are treated by their PC director's. You are adding to their paycheck each month with your success. Nothing will change and there will be no recourse as long as everyone takes the attitude that oh well there is nothing that can be done. If you go upline and nothing is done, then the upline is just as guilty - they are not providing the coaching to their teams. I would like to believe that if HO knew there were complaints on the same directors that something would be done. How many people that could be successful are dropping out just because of a lousy director?

1. Why should I be upset with my recruiter?

If your recruiter has not met your expectations or has not followed through on promises made during the recruitment process, it is understandable to feel upset. It is important to communicate your concerns with your recruiter in a professional manner.

2. What steps should I take if I am upset with my recruiter?

If you are upset with your recruiter, it is important to first address the issue directly with them. Schedule a meeting or phone call to discuss your concerns and give them an opportunity to address them. If the issue cannot be resolved, you may consider reaching out to a higher level in the company or seeking a new recruiter.

3. Can I switch recruiters if I am unhappy with my current one?

Yes, you can switch recruiters if you are unhappy with your current one. However, it is important to communicate your concerns with your current recruiter before making a switch. They may be able to resolve the issue and improve your experience.

4. What should I do if my recruiter is unresponsive?

If your recruiter is unresponsive, try reaching out to them through multiple channels such as email, phone calls, or even social media. If you still do not receive a response, consider reaching out to their supervisor or a higher level in the company to address the issue.

5. How can I ensure a better experience with my recruiter in the future?

To ensure a better experience with your recruiter in the future, it is important to have clear communication from the beginning. Be upfront about your expectations and ask any questions you may have. Additionally, establish a timeline for follow-ups and hold your recruiter accountable for meeting them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kimberlymmj
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Dawn4