• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with Hosts Dragging Their Feet on Closing? Join the Discussion!

In summary, the two hosts are having trouble closing their shows, and it seems to be because they are young and inexperienced.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Are anyone else having trouble with hosts dragging their feet about closing this month? I can't seem to get anyone to close (3 open). I was hoping to make level one, but unless a miracle happens it looks like that ain't gonna happen.:(

Yeah, welcome to my world...closed on Tuesday night after 2 weeks of attempts.

Trying to close one tonight after 3 weeks of attempts!

Have one hoping to close - told her Tuesday night was my ABSOLUTE deadline.

Doesn't help these are catalog shows....

I've made the 2 shows but not level 1 - oh well, next time...

Sounds like me! I had all but one cooking show cancel this month. Luckily I've submitted that one. I was still not worried though because I had 3 catalog shows going. All three are LAGGING!!! No one is ready to close and I'm going out of town this weekend! I told them by Tues. also. I really wanted a bigger commision check for conference but oh well. Now I'm just hoping I'll get my two in for level one! Wish me luck and good luck to all with the same issues.

I haven't had a problem with anyone closing on time. I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but I'm wondering what you tell hosts to begin with. I tell my hosts when we will close. I say something like, "I have to close the show on ...because I have to send it on by..." or "we need to close the show by...and I have to send it in by...". It helps to tell the hosts to tell the guests a day earlier than the host deadline. The host deadline is also a day earlier than I need it to be. I never offer a choice and I never tell them "probably should" or any wishy washy terms. The exceptions would be if I don't have a deadline, but in the super starter months I've been having some close calls so I'm firm and definite with the closing dates. Hope this helps.

Oh ya, with the catalog shows, I told them we had to close by the 15th (2 weeks). When I called on the 15th, all three had not even collected one order! So then I said okay, by the 29th. Today is the 29th and NO response. I even called earlier in the week to check on things and remind them we would be closing at the end of this week! Sometimes they just LAG! Why this month though? I am really hoping for the new sharp products.

No problems here. I give a week only. Luckily (crossing fingers) I've never had an issue. Betcha I just jinxed myself :eek: I also tell a little white lie and state that if I don't have all orders, host order and payments and have them submitted by midnight the last day of the month, they don't get the host special...or guest special etc. So far it's worked everytime. I also don't book shows the last two days of the month (and use that reason, not enough time to gather extra orders, choose FPV and close) and then use those two nights to close previous shows.

Man, I've SOOOO jinxed myself now haven't I? LOL

I set closing dates on the first host coaching call, so it generally is not a problem. This month I kept one show open way too long waiting for the past host's payment, but my hosts have been timely with their orders and payments.

I'm having a problem with one. She had the show on the 14th and wanted to keep it open to the end of the month to try and get more outside orders (of 40 invited guests only 10 showed, and many promised to place an order). I've called her at least once last week trying to get her to get the outside orders to me, and three times this week. Last message I left I told her I needed to close the show out today and to please call me.

This is my first time having trouble. We were going to close the catalog show on the 12th. She keeps telling me she can't get her messages and the internet is working off and on and friendsare visiting from the states. I have seen her 2 times but she is never in a position to get the orders to me. I feel like a stalker!!!!

Melissa

I know what you mean, Melissa. I have two catalog shows that I'm trying to close and can't seem to catch up with either one of them.

Hmmm ... both hosts are in their early 20s. Coincidence? Hmmm ... things that make you go Hmmm ...

This is certainly the month for it, for me! I have about $2800 in sales for this month, which is a little low for me anyway, and I only have about $400 of that submitted as of Sat evening. I have 2 hosts that I told needed to have their shows ready by today, and they aren't ready. One of my hosts was just Thursday, so that one I'd let go over anyway. This will offically be the lowest month I have ever had in submitted sales. Oh well, I'll get them in soon. Too bad for my pay check this month though.

I am proud to say that I did get ahold of one of those last minute hosts and just submitted her $1613 show. So I will get level 2 by the 5th. whoa that was close!

Whew! Good going, Shana.

I got stood up today. Another customer was supposed to meet me @4 and nothing...no call, no return call. Hmmmmmmm.

I have definitely had a tough time with closing this month. I just closed my 3rd show tonight but I have one more that should have closed Friday. The show didn't bring in enough sales for her to qualify since only two people showed... so it may just have to turn itself into a July show at this point... At least I got my two free sharp products! I just don't know how to stress that more time does not mean more sales! Especially without feeling pushy!

1. Why do hosts sometimes drag their feet on closing a party?

There can be a variety of reasons why a host may delay in closing their party. Some common reasons include being busy with other commitments, forgetting to follow up, or feeling overwhelmed with the process. It's important to communicate with the host and understand their concerns to help move the party forward.

2. How can I encourage a host to close their party in a timely manner?

The best way to encourage a host to close their party is to communicate regularly and offer support. Remind them of the benefits of closing, such as earning free products and discounts. Offer to help with any tasks they may be struggling with, such as reaching out to guests or finalizing orders.

3. What should I do if a host is not responding to my attempts to close the party?

If a host is not responding to your attempts to close the party, it may be helpful to try reaching out through different forms of communication, such as email, phone, or social media. You can also try involving the host's friends and family members to help encourage them to close the party. If all else fails, you may need to consider closing the party without the host's help.

4. How can I prevent hosts from dragging their feet on closing in the future?

One way to prevent hosts from dragging their feet on closing in the future is to set clear expectations from the beginning. Let the host know the timeline for closing the party and the benefits they will receive. You can also offer incentives for closing the party by a certain date, such as bonus products or discounts. Additionally, make sure to follow up regularly and offer support throughout the process.

5. What can I do if a host is hesitant to close their party due to low sales?

If a host is hesitant to close their party due to low sales, it's important to remind them that every sale, no matter how small, helps them earn free products and discounts. You can also offer suggestions for increasing sales, such as hosting a Facebook party or offering special deals to their guests. Additionally, consider offering a host-exclusive discount or free product to help incentivize them to close the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies