• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle Bowl Lid Not Snapping On - Is This Right?

In summary, the Triffle bowl lid does not fit correctly and it may not be airtight. It may fit better after a dishwasher.
Tracy99
Gold Member
So is the Triffle bowl lid suppose to just sit on top? Mine doesn't seem to fit correctly. It doesn't snap on or anything. It just kind of lays there. From the video it looks like they just lay it on top so maybe mine is right but it seems for transport it would be nicer if it fit like the batter bowl lids. Is it just mine or is this correct? Thanks.

I would say it is just yours bc mine kind of seals on there not super tight but tight enough

Mine sits on top and gets knocked off easily.

Mine hugs the bowl so that it doesn't get knocked off.

I've just experienced this over the weekend. I discovered, and you may try this on yours, if you press tightly along the lid all the way around it will end up doing a small "snap" shut. But, you have to press hard around to get it to snap shut. Once it does, it is good and sealed.

It's not an airtight seal, but it does seal. If yours doesn't, you might want to do an exchange.

I've had it awhile and just never really used the lid. So an exchange is out but I think I will try to order a replacement lid. For the most part it isn't an issue at shows because you make it and serve it. But I pre-made one for my show tomorrow as a bonus and now I am worried about getting it there without the lid falling off or something worse happening. Oh well.

run it through the dishwasher. It may be a bit big because it hasn't shrunk a bit in the dishwasher yet. I have noticed that many lids come a bit big on purpose and then fit better after a wash or two.

lt1jane said:
run it through the dishwasher. It may be a bit big because it hasn't shrunk a bit in the dishwasher yet. I have noticed that many lids come a bit big on purpose and then fit better after a wash or two.

Ok I'll give that a try tonight and see. If that doesn't work I think I'll order a replacement lid. The replacement lid isn't too expensive.

Well I took it to my show today and it actually stayed on better then I expected. So maybe looks are deceiving. I'll try the dishwasher on it and that might make it perfect.

1. Why won't my trifle bowl lid snap on?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure the lid is aligned correctly with the bowl. The notches on the lid should line up with the handles on the bowl. If that doesn't work, the lid may be warped or damaged. Please contact our customer service for a replacement lid.

2. Can I force the lid to snap on?

No, we do not recommend forcing the lid onto the bowl as it can cause damage to both the lid and the bowl. If the lid is not snapping on easily, there may be an issue with the lid or bowl that needs to be addressed.

3. Is the lid dishwasher safe?

Yes, our trifle bowl lid is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the lid.

4. Can I use the lid in the microwave?

No, our trifle bowl lid is not microwave safe. It is made of acrylic material and may warp or melt in the microwave.

5. Is the trifle bowl lid airtight?

No, the trifle bowl lid is not designed to be airtight. It is meant to keep the contents of the bowl covered and protected, but it is not completely sealed. If you need an airtight lid, we recommend using plastic wrap or foil.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WendyAebi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
agw
Replies
Views
raebates
  • MandyH
  • Products and Tips
Replies