• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried new things...

wcsis

Sep 25, 2009
In searching for something for dinner tonight I decided we would have a breakfast for dinner night.

I decided to try a few new things that I have heard about but hadn't tried yet.

I cooked bacon on the bar pan. WOW! it was delish! Really easy to do. Just laid the bacon on the bar pan in single layer and popped it in the 400 oven for 20 minutes. It was perfect and didn't shrink up. I removed it from the bar pan and poured off the grease (talk about quick way to season the pan).

After cooking the bacon I whipped up a batch of Hungry Jack pancake batter and poured it on the bar pan I just cooked the bacon on. Popped it back in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. One large pancake cut up and we had bacon and pancakes to go with our eggs. I am not crazy about the pancake brand, but I would definately cook the pancake again this way but make my own batter from scratch.

The above things would be terrific idea for a morning show demo!

I am going to try cooking whipped eggs in the bar pan next.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
The Furry Guy tells strangers about cooking bacon on the bar pan. He loves it that way. I can't imagine doing pancakes on the bar pan, but that's because I make faces on my pancakes. You need to do them on the stove top for that.

chefheidi2003

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2007
Thank you for sharing..I am going to have to try this.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
In searching for something for dinner tonight I decided we would have a breakfast for dinner night.

I decided to try a few new things that I have heard about but hadn't tried yet.

I cooked bacon on the bar pan. WOW! it was delish! Really easy to do. Just laid the bacon on the bar pan in single layer and popped it in the 400 oven for 20 minutes. It was perfect and didn't shrink up. I removed it from the bar pan and poured off the grease (talk about quick way to season the pan).

After cooking the bacon I whipped up a batch of Hungry Jack pancake batter and poured it on the bar pan I just cooked the bacon on. Popped it back in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. One large pancake cut up and we had bacon and pancakes to go with our eggs. I am not crazy about the pancake brand, but I would definately cook the pancake again this way but make my own batter from scratch.

The above things would be terrific idea for a morning show demo!

I am going to try cooking whipped eggs in the bar pan next.

DON'T DO IT!

Seriously....you will have a mess! Even though the pan is technically nonstick, eggs will stick to it when done alone on there...it will take you forever to clean it!
Use a sheet of parchment on the bottom before you pour in the eggs. The parchment works well for the bacon too - it will still season the pan, but the parchment will soak up most of the grease.

ChefMary412

Advanced Member
Mar 28, 2008
I do pancakes on the bar pan all the time!!! it is amazing!! As is the bacon.. I think you gave me a good idea for dinner tonight!

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
Do your pancakes brown on both sides when you cook them on the barpan? How long to you cook them at what temp? I've always wanted to try it but was skeptical...

littlemaisyPC

Gold Member
Sep 14, 2008
Yes! Please change my mind about the pancakes. They don't seem to brown the same as they would on the stove top. Am I doing something wrong?

My husband usually makes the pancakes and uses my 8in. saute pan, it takes forever but he won't use anything else. Haha! My next investment is the double burner griddle.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I use an electric long griddle for my pancakes--I insist on them being circles and "traditional". :D I like using the electric griddle so that my stove top is freed up and I can have a helper in the kitchen--one doing eggs on the stove and one doing pancakes on the griddle on the island counter. But bacon MUST be done in the bar pan in the oven. That is absolutely the best way to do bacon. I loved learning that at a PC show before becoming a consultant. But that's just me...

(Another side note...has anyone tried doing grilled cheese on the bar pan? It's in the handout in the files to go w/ the bar pan. It says "what happens on the top is happening on the bottom" and that you don't have to flip them. I tried this and was extremely disappointed in the way they turned out. They were super salty and the tops were hard, while the bottoms were not browned or firm at all.)

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Yes! Please change my mind about the pancakes. They don't seem to brown the same as they would on the stove top. Am I doing something wrong?

My husband usually makes the pancakes and uses my 8in. saute pan, it takes forever but he won't use anything else. Haha! My next investment is the double burner griddle.

:love:LOVE LOVE LOVE the DBG! It was the very last piece of Exec. Cookware that I got, and the only reason I got it was because I had Panorama Points to use (a cookware incentive we've had in the past) and I had everything else in that point range.

I had no idea how much I would love it, or how much I would use it! Even with my gas stove, with no two burners side by side having the same BTU's that griddle heats evenly - including the middle that isn't over a burner! Grilled Cheese, Quesadillas, Pancakes, French Toast...I can fill it up, and it all cooks evenly at the same time! It's one of my PC Treasures! :love:

wcsis

Sep 25, 2009

My son pointed out to me that the pancake was not as brown as when cooked on the griddle, but it was even on both top and bottom.

wcsis

Sep 25, 2009
Do your pancakes brown on both sides when you cook them on the barpan? How long to you cook them at what temp? I've always wanted to try it but was skeptical...

I made a batch that called for 3 cups of dry mix.

Cooked at 350 for 20 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies