• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveling to Chicago for Conferences: What's the Best Way to Get to Your Hotel?

In summary, take the Orange Line from Midway and it brings you right to the Palmer House. You'll walk one block MAX.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
KG, Diane, John or anyone else who has taken Amtrak from MKE to Chicago for conference...

How do you get to your hotel then? Another train, a cab?

Can you let me know the best way?

Thank in advance!

We've always just grabbed a cab from Union Station to the hotel. It just seemed the easiest to us. It's never been more than $10 & we just split the bill.

Thanks Debbie.

I've taken Amtrak from Detroit and caught a cab from Union Station to the hotel. Actually, anyone taking MegaBus will be in the same situation since those arrive at Union Station, too.

chefann said:
I've taken Amtrak from Detroit and caught a cab from Union Station to the hotel. Actually, anyone taking MegaBus will be in the same situation since those arrive at Union Station, too.

So far I'm thinking cab is quickest/easiest...

I always cab it as well and I too have never paid more thna $10 and that included the tip. Plus, I sure as heck do not want to ever get lost down there! Janet, when are you getting to Chicago?
You said you were leaving out of Sturtavant. Why not Milwaukee? Or are you parking for the three days?

DebbieJ said:
You can go to Chicago Transit Authority | 1-888-YOURCTA and use the trip planner to find a route using the EL or busses.

Debbie - I have always wanted to take the EL but looked at the map and not sure where I would get off or have to walk to to get to my hotel. I will be arriving at Midway and need to get to the Palmer HOuse Hilton. If you could tell me that would be great!! Thanks in advance!

momoftwins said:
Debbie - I have always wanted to take the EL but looked at the map and not sure where I would get off or have to walk to to get to my hotel. I will be arriving at Midway and need to get to the Palmer HOuse Hilton. If you could tell me that would be great!! Thanks in advance!
Did you try using the Trip Planner? That will give you exact directions.

Take the Orange Line from Midway and it brings you right the Loop. You probably wouldn't have to walk more than 2-3 blocks.

I'll be downtown today so I'll try to take a look.

pampered1224 said:
I always cab it as well and I too have never paid more thna $10 and that included the tip. Plus, I sure as heck do not want to ever get lost down there! Janet, when are you getting to Chicago?
You said you were leaving out of Sturtavant. Why not Milwaukee? Or are you parking for the three days?

My vehicle is staying in Racine by my mom so Sturtevant is the closest station. Probably taking an early evening train.

Oh my--Midway to Palmer House is SOOOOOOO easy.Follow the signs to the Orange Line train at Midway. Take it into the city and get off at the Madison/Wabash stop. Walk down the steps to get off the train platform, then walk south on Wabash and you are at the Palmer House. You'll walk one block MAX. I'm not sure if there is an elevator at that stop or not, so be prepared to walk down the steps with your luggage.

Thanks Debbie!! After I posted I was checking out things online and found the train directions on the Palmer House's website!!! I probably am going to do it! Thanks!

We took a cab last year...but BEWARE! When you come out of Union Station, hail your OWN cab. There are swindlers (I mean people) out there that are very nice and offer to get a cab for you. They will then ask you for $5 or $10 bucks for helping you. Yes, we got suckered last year. It won't happen again. We are driving this year, so I KNOW it won't happen this year.

Related to Traveling to Chicago for Conferences: What's the Best Way to Get to Your Hotel?

1. What is the best way to get to my hotel from the airport?

The most convenient way to get to your hotel from the airport is by taking a taxi or ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft. Alternatively, you can also take the train or bus, but keep in mind that it may require multiple transfers and take longer.

2. How far is the hotel from the conference venue?

The distance between the hotel and the conference venue will vary depending on the specific location. However, Chicago has a well-connected public transportation system, so you can easily take a bus or train to get to the conference venue.

3. Is it necessary to rent a car for my stay in Chicago?

It is not necessary to rent a car unless you plan on traveling outside of the city. Chicago has a comprehensive public transportation system, and taxis and ride-sharing services are readily available. Plus, parking in the city can be expensive and hard to find.

4. Are there any nearby restaurants or attractions within walking distance of the hotel?

Many hotels in Chicago are located in downtown areas with plenty of restaurants, shops, and attractions within walking distance. However, it is always a good idea to research the specific location of your hotel to see what is nearby.

5. Are there any discounts or deals for transportation during the conference?

Most conferences will have negotiated discounts for transportation services such as taxis or ride-sharing services. Be sure to check with the conference organizers for any available deals. Additionally, many hotels offer shuttle services to and from the conference venue, so be sure to inquire about this option as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SpiritdancerIA
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
Replies
Views
Jinkies
  • kaseydee
  • General Chat
Replies