• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trash-talking over breakfast on the last day of conference? Anyone else in?

Raebates, Baychef, ...anyone else up for a trash-talkin' meeting over lousy powdered eggs and greasy bacon on the last day of conference like last year???
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Raebates, Baychef, ...anyone else up for a trash-talkin' meeting over lousy powdered eggs and greasy bacon on the last day of conference like last year???

dannyzmom said:

Ohhhh - can I join the fun too?

ChefBeckyD said:
Ohhhh - can I join the fun too?

Yeah, note Becky, we are the "anyone elses" of the group... :p

heck yeah! You both can! Just be prepared for some very-not-meal-table-appropriate conversation! LOL

I am so good at not-appropriate-for-meals conversation around the table! Nothing grosses me out - hey, I was completely fascinated by the whole "Carolyn-ear" thread!:D

(I'm the one in the family who has always been called on when someone was injured or sick :yuck: - because I don't get grossed out or faint)

ChefBeckyD said:
I am so good at not-appropriate-for-meals conversation around the table! Nothing grosses me out - hey, I was completely fascinated by the whole "Carolyn-ear" thread!:D

(I'm the one in the family who has always been called on when someone was injured or sick :yuck: - because I don't get grossed out or faint)

Yeah, wasn't I just talking about DD projectile vomiting yesterday????

When we go visit my MIL/FIL, my DH and his sister PURPOSEFULLY talk about the most gross car accidents or medical issues they can think of (SIL is a nurse, DH is an EMT) because my FIL gets queasy just hearing about it...the LOVE to pick on him!

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, wasn't I just talking about DD projectile vomiting yesterday????

When we go visit my MIL/FIL, my DH and his sister PURPOSEFULLY talk about the most gross car accidents or medical issues they can think of (SIL is a nurse, DH is an EMT) because my FIL gets queasy just hearing about it...the LOVE to pick on him!
Hey, Becky and everyone, maybe I'll eat this meal with my director! At a different table. Far away from gross stuff. Well, I guess I can't get away from the food, can I?

dannyzmom said:

Speaking of greasy eggs, etc... is anyone else not really impressed with the food??? Not wanting to whine about it, but come on... can you at least try to make it less "junk carb" and more good stuff??

I am now quietly stepping off my whole food soap box. Off I go!

Come on you guys! There are new consultants here reading this that have NEVER been to conference before and this is what you're going to focus on? If the food that PC is NOT required to serve you is so crappy, feel free to spend $15 on breakfast at your hotel. No one forces you to attend the breakfasts and eat. Conference is 3 1/2 months away and this is what you're focusing on? Seriously?Please just keep in mind what this thread looks like to those who have never attended... all they are going to think about is, "Gosh, I hope it's worth it... from what I hear the food is crappy" with no focus on the rest of the incredible experience conference will be for them.

I thiught the fruit selection was quite good

finley1991 said:
Come on you guys! There are new consultants here reading this that have NEVER been to conference before and this is what you're going to focus on? If the food that PC is NOT required to serve you is so crappy, feel free to spend $15 on breakfast at your hotel. No one forces you to attend the breakfasts and eat. Conference is 3 1/2 months away and this is what you're focusing on? Seriously?

Please just keep in mind what this thread looks like to those who have never attended... all they are going to think about is, "Gosh, I hope it's worth it... from what I hear the food is crappy" with no focus on the rest of the incredible experience conference will be for them.

Just to clarify - this thread was focusing on a fabulously FUN breakfast chat a bunch of us cheffers had the last morning of NC last year -- we sat laughing about silly CS jokes, sharing our tips we'd all learned all week...comparing workshop notes and laughing about the fun times...and getting my psyched up for the last workshop of the week...because I was teaching it and was nervous. Yes, the quickie meals are not the world's best food...when is conference fare for ANY company ever gourmet?? What is important is that we SHARED and LEARNED and LAUGHED together.

dannyzmom said:
Just to clarify - this thread was focusing on a fabulously FUN breakfast chat a bunch of us cheffers had the last morning of NC last year -- we sat laughing about silly Chef Success jokes, sharing our tips we'd all learned all week...comparing workshop notes and laughing about the fun times...and getting my psyched up for the last workshop of the week...because I was teaching it and was nervous. Yes, the quickie meals are not the world's best food...when is conference fare for ANY company ever gourmet?? What is important is that we SHARED and LEARNED and LAUGHED together.

Thanks so much for clearing that up. I'd hate for anyone on here that's not in on your joke to have misinterpreted it and made a judgement about conference based on what they read.

finley1991 said:
Thanks so much for clearing that up. I'd hate for anyone on here that's not in on your joke to have misinterpreted it and made a judgement about conference based on what they read.

Thanks for pointing it out :)

I am all over this!! The more the merrier!! Just know... you must have an open mind, a potty mouth, a silly state of mind, mind in the gutter go for it attitude. Ok, I like the food...you just need a strong stomach to share this little reunion breakfast! ANYTHING is game for conversation!!!
It was just a blast. We met and we just seemed to click together (not as in we are a click...hate clicks).

I hope the heck we see each other before that breakfast, however. I too am planning on the Palmer House.

Sorry I haven't been on much. Haven't had much time to play!!!

baychef said:
I am all over this!! The more the merrier!! Just know... you must have an open mind, a potty mouth, a silly state of mind, mind in the gutter go for it attitude. Ok, I like the food...you just need a strong stomach to share this little reunion breakfast! ANYTHING is game for conversation!!!
It was just a blast. We met and we just seemed to click together (not as in we are a click...hate clicks).

I hope the heck we see each other before that breakfast, however. I too am planning on the Palmer House.

Sorry I haven't been on much. Haven't had much time to play!!!

As long as you are working your business it is all good! :D

janetupnorth said:
As long as you are working your business it is all good! :D

Actually, it has been a great month!
My team has recruited 3.
One of my first line got "the call" from the Home Office.
Two other consultants have their names in the April KCN for reaching $15,000 in career sales.
My sales will be at least $4500 or more and the rest of my team right now is at almost $15,000 in sales for the month.
I also do my own taxes and procrastinate.
My son has been a good kid, but he is being a stupid 17...almost 18 year old!!

baychef said:
Actually, it has been a great month!
My team has recruited 3.
One of my first line got "the call" from the Home Office.
Two other consultants have their names in the April KCN for reaching $15,000 in career sales.
My sales will be at least $4500 or more and the rest of my team right now is at almost $15,000 in sales for the month.
I also do my own taxes and procrastinate.
My son has been a good kid, but he is being a stupid 17...almost 18 year old!!
Wow Ann! You've had an AWESOME month!! Can I touch you? Maybe some of it will rub off on me!

Depends. By "last day" do you mean Saturday or Sunday?Can't commit to anything at this point .. a lot depends on whether I drive or fly, whether my clustermates are doing anything, where we stay and of course, whether I end up going at all ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
Depends. By "last day" do you mean Saturday or Sunday?

Can't commit to anything at this point .. a lot depends on whether I drive or fly, whether my clustermates are doing anything, where we stay and of course, whether I end up going at all ...

I'm rather new here, but I'd love to join in. I'm in the same position as above, except that I'm all registered and ready to go! I'll know more as the time approaches. I have my family with me so a lot depends on what they are doing. It's very important that we get to see Sue, the most complete T-Rex in the country at the Natural History Museum. By the way, my mind is often in the gutter and is open as well, but these days with DS training, "potty" has a different meaning! I have already heard about the food, so I'm not worried!
Jessica

MaddyandOwensMom said:
I'm rather new here, but I'd love to join in. I'm in the same position as above, except that I'm all registered and ready to go! I'll know more as the time approaches. I have my family with me so a lot depends on what they are doing. It's very important that we get to see Sue, the most complete T-Rex in the country at the Natural History Museum. By the way, my mind is often in the gutter and is open as well, but these days with DS training, "potty" has a different meaning! I have already heard about the food, so I'm not worried!
Jessica

Anyone with a mind in the gutter is a friend of mine - LOL
BTW - Sue is REALLY awesome!!
My kids both have Sue t-shirts from when we went to see her during NC 2005

We are definately looking forward to Sue! They will also have a Mythical Creatures Display(mermaids, unicorns, dragons, etc) that we saw in NYC at the Natural History Museum. We wanted to see it again, but never got a chance, so we are excited about that as well.

Well, I hope to see you all over powdered eggs and greasy bacon!
Jessica

Okay, I'm in.....How will I know where to sit or if there will be room for my big ol' hiney?
BTW I think I am staying at the Palmer

krzymomof4 said:
Okay, I'm in.....How will I know where to sit or if there will be room for my big ol' hiney?
BTW I think I am staying at the Palmer

We'll always make rooms for CS Hineys!! (or any fun-loving, gutter-minded hineys that'd like to join us). I'm at Palmer as well!

I thought we were staying at the Palmer, but my director just told me that we had to stay at the Hilton

I *might* be there to join you. Depends on if I'm at the New Director's Breakfast or not! :)

What is the "Breakfast on the Last Day..." recipe?

The "Breakfast on the Last Day..." recipe is a hearty and delicious breakfast dish that combines eggs, cheese, bacon, and vegetables in a flaky crescent roll crust.

How long does it take to prepare "Breakfast on the Last Day..."?

The preparation time for "Breakfast on the Last Day..." is approximately 15 minutes, and it takes about 25 minutes to bake in the oven.

Can I make "Breakfast on the Last Day..." ahead of time?

Yes, you can make "Breakfast on the Last Day..." ahead of time by preparing the dish and keeping it covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake in the oven.

What are some suggested variations for "Breakfast on the Last Day..."?

Some suggested variations for "Breakfast on the Last Day..." include adding different types of cheese, using sausage or ham instead of bacon, and adding additional vegetables such as bell peppers or spinach.

What type of pan should I use to make "Breakfast on the Last Day..."?

We recommend using a 9x13 inch baking dish for "Breakfast on the Last Day..." to ensure that the crescent rolls have enough room to puff up and cook evenly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
  • cookingwith_tara
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
dannyzmom