• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transporting Your Consultant Kit: Comfort vs. Convenience

In summary, the tote bag that came with the new consultant kit is bulky, but better than using the crates and you will get used to it. My only advise is to not overpack it.
melaniepc
do you use the tote bag that came with the new consultant kit? I know its says its made for easy transporting of all your materials but it just doesnt seem comfy to me. I havent done a show outside of my house yet though so maybe its not that bad

Well honestly it is bulky to carry around, but its better then using the crates (in my opinion) and you will get used to it. My only advice is... DO NOT OVERPACK IT! This is how I broke my classic batter bowl :cry: thankfully h/o replaced it at no charge but breaking one of my most-used items right before a show definitely wasn't good!

LOVE IT!!! I have been using it ever since I earned it 1.5 yrs ago.

I just recently started using it because I had the rolling bag/thing, but I have to admit that I actually like it. It's made me STOP taking so much to my shows!!! It's a little bulky (so watch the nick-naks on people's tables as you go by) but otherwise, I do like it.

Can you buy the bag on the supply order form? I still use my old crate and really like it but it's hard to pack right sometimes.

oh good, I am going to try it then. it seemed akward but maybe I have too much in it

wadesgirl said:
Can you buy the bag on the supply order form?

Yes. It's $30 or $35.

I also prefer the New Consultant Tote over the rolling tote. The rolling tote is MUCH heavier to carry (even before it's packed!) and is more cumbersome, IMO. I like the tote - it forces me to only bring what I need for the demo, and a few new items, and that's it. I use the New Consultant Tote and the Carryall Tote for my products (NCT for kit and/or recipe products, CT for new products) and a tote for my business supplies, and that's it. I can make it into the host's house in 1 - 2 trips (depending if anyone helps me or not). It used to take me 3-4.

I use the rolling tote. I earned it back in like 2005.
I have the tote...and it sits in a cabinet - unused.

In GA alot of homes have steps to get to the front door. If they have more than 2 steps I do not take my rolling tote.

I Love the Tote Bag. You do have to be careful not to overload it though as it can get really heavy.

the tote does get heavy, but it's flexible - holds a lot, you can schlep it up stairs, and it can fit in my tiny hatchback trunk

susanr613 said:
the tote does get heavy, but it's flexible - holds a lot, you can schlep it up stairs, and it can fit in my tiny hatchback trunk

:::giggle::::
You said "shlep" - I love you :)

1. How can I transport my consultant kit without it being too heavy?

One option is to use a rolling suitcase or duffel bag with wheels. This will distribute the weight evenly and make it easier to transport. You can also opt for a lightweight bag or backpack specifically designed for carrying kitchen tools.

2. Is it better to prioritize comfort or convenience when transporting my consultant kit?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference. If you have a lot of heavy equipment, prioritizing comfort with a rolling bag or backpack may be the best option. However, if you have a smaller kit, a simple tote bag may suffice for convenience.

3. Are there any specific bags or cases that are recommended for transporting my consultant kit?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of bags and cases designed specifically for transporting your consultant kit. These include a rolling tote bag, backpack, and even a compact suitcase with built-in dividers for organization.

4. How can I ensure that my consultant kit stays organized during transport?

Invest in a bag or case with built-in dividers or compartments to keep your items organized. You can also use smaller bags or pouches to group similar items together and prevent them from shifting during transport.

5. Can I use regular luggage to transport my consultant kit?

While it may be possible to use regular luggage, it's not recommended as it may not have the necessary compartments and padding to protect your delicate kitchen tools. It's best to invest in a bag or case specifically designed for transporting your consultant kit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • sklay723
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • thechefofnorthbend