• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transport From Hotel to Mccormick

I believe you will not have to take your luggage with you on the bus. There is a special spot for bags if you need to leave right away from the conference.I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I have a HO tour after the general session on Day 3, including a trip to the airport. Will I...There is a special spot for bags if you need to leave right away from the conference.
JAE
Are the hotels within walking distance to McCormick Place or do people take a bus? How do we get back and forth? Also, with check in being after the first session and checkout being before my last session, what do we do with our bags if we took a train into town?

Shuttle buses will take us from the conference hotels to McCormick. The conference hotels are the Hilton and Sheraton. I would try to get your bags to your hotel before you even go to McCormick Place.

What about when we have to check out of the hotel? I still have a workshop to attend. Will the hotel keep my bags until after my last workshop?

There is a special spot to leave your bags at McCormick. For those that can not get to their hotel before sesions start or on the last day if you have a flight that afternoon. I knw I will have to bring my bags with me on the last day because I have a flight home at 7pm on the last day of conf.

Thank you for that information. I really appreciate it. Is there somewhere on CC where I could be getting this information? I looked, but found nothing. I don't remember what I did way back when I attended conference before, over 6 years ago.

are you going with your director or anyone in your cluster?

there is a fair amt of info on CC.
Go to Con. Leadership/training
conferences
Click on National conf.

etteluap70PC said:
are you going with your director or anyone in your cluster?
I am going with no one. My director is not going. My "recruiter" is not going. I don't know if anyone from my cluster is going. One new consultant wanted to go, but her husband said "no". She didn't get in on earning PC dollars like I did. I don't blame her for not wanting to spend the money. I probably wouldn't be going this quick into my business if it weren't for the PC Dollars. I've never even met anyone from my cluster except for my "recruiter" whom I haven't seen since back when I was selling in 2001 or 2000. There is another thread on here where I talk about this so I won't go into it again. For April and May I couldn't go to the cluster meetings because I found out about April too late and I had a show during May's. I'm planning to go to my first cluster meeting on June 18.

I'll have to check CC. I thought I read everything there was to read about conference, but I may have missed those details because I was looking for something else.

JAE said:
What about when we have to check out of the hotel? I still have a workshop to attend. Will the hotel keep my bags until after my last workshop?

Yes, you can ask the hotel to hold your luggage. That's what we usually do or you can leave them in a P-Chef storage area at the conference.

From what I read on CC under National Conference you can leave your luggage at McCormick if you fly and are shuttled or something like that. I think I'll call HO tomorrow or sometime this week and ask. Unless, someone here knows for sure, for sure.

JAE said:
From what I read on CC under National Conference you can leave your luggage at McCormick if you fly and are shuttled or something like that. I think I'll call HO tomorrow or sometime this week and ask. Unless, someone here knows for sure, for sure.

Pampered Chef does set up a room at the McCormick for us to stow our luggage if we will need to leave right from that location.

yes, you can leave your luggage at the hotel. I've done it the past 2 years....they have a place for us to do that. Then you just take the shuttle back to the hotel & pick it up before going to the airport.

You are all so helpfull. Thank you.

JAE - it is so awesome you are abel to go so quickly into your business with no one else from your cluster going. There will be plenty of people to make great friends and help you out.

Yes, Pampered Chef does set up a spot at McCormick Center to store bags. I believe I will be doing that the last day. I need to double check my flight times, etc.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I have a HO tour after the general session on Day 3, including a trip to the airport. Will I have to take my luggage with me on the bus?

mhrivera said:
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I have a HO tour after the general session on Day 3, including a trip to the airport. Will I have to take my luggage with me on the bus?
It seems I did read something about luggage and HO tour on the website under National Conference.

1. How do I arrange transportation from my hotel to McCormick Place?

To arrange transportation from your hotel to McCormick Place, you can either contact the concierge at your hotel or visit the Transportation Desk located in the lobby of McCormick Place. They will be able to assist you with scheduling a taxi, shuttle, or private car service.

2. How much does it cost to get from my hotel to McCormick Place?

The cost of transportation from your hotel to McCormick Place will vary depending on the distance and mode of transportation chosen. Taxis and private car services tend to be more expensive, while shuttles and public transportation may be more affordable options.

3. Can I use public transportation to get to McCormick Place from my hotel?

Yes, there are several public transportation options available to get to McCormick Place from most hotels in the city. The CTA bus and train system, as well as the Metra train, all have stops near McCormick Place. You can also use ride-sharing services such as Uber or Lyft.

4. How long does it take to get from the hotel to McCormick Place?

The time it takes to get from your hotel to McCormick Place will depend on the distance and mode of transportation chosen. On average, it takes about 15-20 minutes by car, 30-45 minutes by public transportation, and 45-60 minutes by shuttle.

5. Do I need to make a reservation for transportation to McCormick Place?

It is recommended to make a reservation for transportation to McCormick Place, especially during busy conference seasons. This will ensure that you have a ride scheduled and avoid any delays or wait times. However, you may also be able to find transportation on the spot at your hotel or at the Transportation Desk at McCormick Place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD