• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tragic Death of Heath Ledger: Housekeeper Finds Actor Dead in Apartment

In summary, a housekeeper found actor Heath Ledger dead in his apartment with a lot of pills nearby. Allegedly, this was an accidental overdose. His daughter is only two years old and it is going to be very difficult for her to cope with this.
KimmyDarling
Housekeeper found him dead in his apartment. Allegedly, a bunch of pills were nearby.

I was just about to post that he was dead. I can't believe it!!

Wow, that is terrible!

It is just horribly tragic. I am stunned.

How sad. I enjoyed his acting.

wow, what a loss!!

That is so tragic. I will be praying for his family.

i can't believe it either, his poor daughter and family. i never would have expected that from him.... wow

I am in shock. I will keep his family in my thoughts.

off topic, Gina-I like your sons new picture.

I just read that in shock! My heart goes out to his daughter and family. How sad. :(

His daughter is only two years old...same age as my kids. That would just be so difficult for his family to endure...

OMG. My DH worked on A Knights Tale with him. This is terrible.

I can't believe it! We loved him in A Knight's Tale, too!

That is really sad that it happens to people so young.

This is the 2nd young male actor to die from an overdose in a week. Last week Brad Redfro (25) was found dead. This just really goes to show that money doesn't buy happiness.

Goodness I had not heard this. I love him in the movies (well, some movies anyway - I did not watch Broke Back Mountain) although I have never kept up with him. So sad what fame can do to you!

I just saw this.... I loved him in his movies! What a waste...... Whenever I see that a young actor has died it Reminds me of when River Phoenix overdosed. It's just sad....

I just read this too~how awful. My dh loved A Knight's Tale too......Deb, what does your dh do? How cool to have worked on a movie.

I forgot about the other actor dying. It is tragic to see such young talented people die. We only see what the media portrays as the person. They are people under that shell and a lot of times they are troubled by their fame.

lacychef said:
I just read this too~how awful. My dh loved A Knight's Tale too......Deb, what does your dh do? How cool to have worked on a movie.

He used to be a sound effects editor. We lived in Los Angeles for 6 years. He's out of the business now and we moved home to Chicago. :)

I am just... floored by this. I must be hormonal. I'm crying.

How sad - I can't believe it either - loved his acting!

I love his acting. We just watched "Four Feathers" this last weekend and we've been EAGERLY awaiting the second Batman movie, with Heath as the Joker.I really, really think he could have been a true POWERHOUSE actor one day. I'm crushed.

jenniferp417 said:
I love his acting. We just watched "Four Feathers" this last weekend and we've been EAGERLY awaiting the second Batman movie, with Heath as the Joker.

I really, really think he could have been a true POWERHOUSE actor one day. I'm crushed.
I wonder if they will still release the movie.

Christ Follower said:

The movie's been wrapped (finished filming) and they've put a TON into marketing already... the movie will be released. I just can't imagine being part of their marketing team, trying to push a movie where one of the major players has died.

remember they did finally release the last movie the River Pheonix was in. So lets hope.

They'll definitely release the Batman movie - years ago when The Crow was out (back in the early 90's) and the star of that movie was killed during a stunt in the movie (Bruce Lee's son) - they still released that movie. It very sad to have an actor die but movie studios will want their money!

yes, one of the webistes from yahoo says
"Ledger had finished filming his role as the Joker this year in "The Dark Knight," a sequel to 2005's "Batman Begins"

So sad and tragic. Love & prayers to his family.

Just read that he had pneumonia. Also, there were two bottles of sleeping pills with him, one prescription and one over-the-counter. It was accidental....that makes it even worse:-(

How sad - When I first saw him in the Patriot he reminded me of Andy Gibb Now this too still reminds me of Andy Gibb Gone too young and I am showing my age.

Christ Follower said:

I'm sure they'll still release it. When the singer/actress Aaliyah died in a plane crash before filming was complete for "Queen of the Damned", they were still able to finish the filming of the movie and just computer generated her image.

The film will be released on time or even earlier now. He was currently filming the movie, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" in London. There are pictures of him from this past weekend.

Gina M said:
They'll definitely release the Batman movie - years ago when The Crow was out (back in the early 90's) and the star of that movie was killed during a stunt in the movie (Bruce Lee's son) - they still released that movie. It very sad to have an actor die but movie studios will want their money!
Oh ya.....I loved Brandon Lee. Good flick.

Its very tragic. He was so young and financially able to get help, I just dont get it. Prayers for his family.

Oh my goodness...I am just now finding out about this! I LOVED his acting...A Knight's Tale is one of our family's favorites! I pray that his family and friends are comforted through this...I can't even imagine what they are going through right now!

DebbieJ said:
OMG. My DH worked on A Knights Tale with him. This is terrible.
doing what? What does your hubby do? I'm sorry, I'm sure this affects you two more on a personal level. I think it's sad and I think he was a good actor!

I was upset when I saw the news. I originally "fell in love" with him in 10 Things I Hate About You...and loved A Knights Tale! He did start to get a bit greasy and scraggly looking, but I really enjoyed his acting and his talent. How sad for Michelle and their daughter Matilda. What a tragedy to lose someone so young!! :(

his autopsy is inconclusive, which means he definately didn't die from natural causes. they will have his tox results in 10-14 days.

So very sad :(.

ChefJoyJ said:
I was upset when I saw the news. I originally "fell in love" with him in 10 Things I Hate About You...and loved A Knights Tale! He did start to get a bit greasy and scraggly looking, but I really enjoyed his acting and his talent. How sad for Michelle and their daughter Matilda. What a tragedy to lose someone so young!! :(

I love that movie......it is very sad that he died so young. It really hits home..he is my age and I have a son that is 2yrs.

The Furry Guy and I were discussing this. We are hoping it turns out that his death was an accident. It's easy to take "a few extra" if you think those types of medications aren't working. It's also easy to get a bit groggy and forget you've taken them recently.No matter what they find, it's a tragedy.

1. What happened to Heath Ledger?

Heath Ledger tragically passed away on January 22, 2008 in his New York City apartment.

2. How did his housekeeper find him?

According to reports, the housekeeper found him unresponsive in his bedroom.

3. What was the cause of his death?

The official cause of Heath Ledger's death was ruled as an accidental overdose of prescription medications.

4. What kind of pills were found near him?

Reportedly, there were various prescription medications found near Heath Ledger's body, including sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medication.

5. Was there any evidence of foul play?

No, there was no evidence of foul play found in the investigation into Heath Ledger's death.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies