• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can we save these two children through the power of prayer?

In summary, two children were found in the pool at a home day care provider's home and they are in critical condition. The home day care provider has a license but is now facing criminal charges.
jrstephens
There is a lady that was at one of my PC shows a few weeks back. Her name is Nancy. She keeps 12 children in her home (without a license). Well, this morning two of those children were found in the pool!!! They have been South Flighted a Children's Hospital and as far as I have heard are in critical condition. One worse than the other. And through this I found out she is the sister of a man in our church. At first the rumor was one was dead, but it has been confirmed that as of my posting this they are both alive.

Please pray for these children and their families! And Nancy b/c we all know this was not done on purpose but she will have to live with this for the rest of her life and possibly could be prosecuted.

I just cannot stand the thought of two children dying!! Hug your kids tonight and every day!!!

I know that prayer works and God can pull this kids through if it is His Will.

Last edited:
Praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a home day care provider myself... praying harder!

Oh my goodness Jennifer. :eek: That's terrible.:( I'm praying for these children. ;)

Prayers from me too...

Sending my prayers!

Ditto.....I'm with you all.

Prayers from me too!!!! I am hugging my liittle one tonight !!!

TragicWhat a tragic story. It's always sad to hear when children are involved in something so horrible.
My prayers are with these families and with Nancy. Unfortunately she is probably going to have to go to court to face criminal charges.

Debbie :D

That is so sad. Ill pray for them all.

How awful :(

My prayers to all involved,
Oh, that is so sad!

As a mother, firefighter, EMT, lifeguard, etc., my heart AND PRAYERS go out to ALL involved...kids, Nancy, rescue workers, parents, etc. Each has a VERY stressful role in the situation including the medical workers and law officials. Praying for ALL of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have my prayers. That is so sad.

They have prayers from me.

Of course! I've already said my rosary for today, but I'll say another one for this special intention.

such a sad story. another sad story was the house in the bronx (ny) this morning where 9 children parished in a fire. my heart goes out to all of them.

Wow that is so sad my thoughts and prayers are with all involved

My prayers are with these families and with Nancy. Let's continue to pray for one another.

UpdateBoth children are still in critical condition. They did get to take one of the respirator and he is breathing on it's own - if that on lives he will possibly have brain damage. The other is still on the respirator.

The police chief of the town had to step aside from the investigation b/c he is kin to one of the children. The local news said after the investigation was finished it would be turned over the the grand jury. But that so far they had not found any criminal activity - which I was not expected. But she could still be charged with negligence.

She DID have her license! Thank goodness! her daughter said she was taking the garbage out and did not know the kids had gotten out of the house. The pool was fenced in and no one has figured out how they got the gate open yet.

Please keep your prayers up.

The father of the child that is off the respirator has lost his mother and his father within the last 1 - 2 years. And has been fired from his job managing a grocery store. I do not know how he can take much more. I went to school with him, he is a few years younger than me.

This is such a horrible sad story!!! I will be praying for these childeren, their families, and the babysitter. God listens, and if it is his will, they will be ok. Pass the message on to everyone!!! He listens!!

I too babysit and we have a pool. It is not fenced in (yet) but no one can get into it unless they jump of the deck. My husband does all the handy work himself, so it takes him a while to get things done. It's above ground so it is very high up. There is no ladder from the ground, only from the deck into the pool. The door that goes out the the pool has a dead bolt on it. I always make sure it is locked up tight. In the summer my step daughters are very good about not locking the door when they have been out there. It makes me furious :mad: I finally had to hide the key so they have to ask for it to be unlocked. I'm hopefully going to be giving up the babysitting soon so I won't have to worry about it. That and the thought of one of the kids falling down the basement steps terrifies me. We have a chain lock on that door at the very top.

jenniferlynne said:
This is such a horrible sad story!!! I will be praying for these childeren, their families, and the babysitter. God listens, and if it is his will, they will be ok. Pass the message on to everyone!!! He listens!!

I too babysit and we have a pool. It is not fenced in (yet) but no one can get into it unless they jump of the deck. My husband does all the handy work himself, so it takes him a while to get things done. It's above ground so it is very high up. There is no ladder from the ground, only from the deck into the pool. The door that goes out the the pool has a dead bolt on it. I always make sure it is locked up tight. In the summer my step daughters are very good about not locking the door when they have been out there. It makes me furious :mad: I finally had to hide the key so they have to ask for it to be unlocked. I'm hopefully going to be giving up the babysitting soon so I won't have to worry about it. That and the thought of one of the kids falling down the basement steps terrifies me. We have a chain lock on that door at the very top.

One thing you can get is a motion sensor that is placed in the pool and trips and audible alarm in your house - don't remember the cost (my parent's had an above ground pool) but that would at least give a good chance of immediate response if something happens.

Just said a prayer

God be with them all

~

janetupnorth said:
One thing you can get is a motion sensor that is placed in the pool and trips and audible alarm in your house - don't remember the cost (my parent's had an above ground pool) but that would at least give a good chance of immediate response if something happens.

Thanks for that tip!! I had no idea there was such a thing. I never had a pool until we got this one. It amazes me when we go into a pool store all the gadgets and things you can get. I will for sure check into that. Even if I do quit babysitting, the family that lives behind us has a child that is autistic. There are a couple of acres that seperate us, but it still worries me that he might wander over here sometime. He never has, but I don't want to take any chances!!

Jennifer..... being the aunt of an 11 year old severely autistic nephew I Encourage you to protect your pool not only with the alarm but with locked gates at all times. You would never get over it if soemthing happened.
We live on 2 + acres and when you are dealing with an autistic child they know no boundaries. (just because he hasn't ventured there yet he could and it only takes 1 time. Not sure how old he is but I know my nephew requires 24 hour supervision. we have a pool too, and safety is always a concern.

Teresa Lynn said:
Jennifer..... being the aunt of an 11 year old severely autistic nephew I Encourage you to protect your pool not only with the alarm but with locked gates at all times. You would never get over it if soemthing happened.
We live on 2 + acres and when you are dealing with an autistic child they know no boundaries. (just because he hasn't ventured there yet he could and it only takes 1 time. Not sure how old he is but I know my nephew requires 24 hour supervision. we have a pool too, and safety is always a concern.

I believe he is now about 10 or 11. He doesn't have a severe case of it. As a matter of fact he was able to start attending public school about three years ago. His little brother plays soccer with my son, so when I see him at the games he will talk to me and ask me how I am doing. They are both great kids. They thought the little one had it too when he was very young but he doesn't. He refuses to speak in public or at school though. I had a Easter egg hunt for them, my son and another neighbor boy so they could all get to know each other. The youngest boy is so anti-social, he just picked up his eggs, turned around and walked home!! I think because the older one is autistic they just don't go out a lot or can't afford to. He never really had the chance to interact with other kids until he started preschool.

We will be getting the pool fenced in and locked up. I worry about it all the time.

my nephew is 11 he has never uttered any words, they can't keep his clothes on him (they put them on him backwards, tried bodysuits etc nothing helps) he is a little toilet trained but that is if they sit with him for hours he is at the school where my SIL teaches but honestly think its more a babysit situation he does some sign language but mainly sits on his bottom and rocks back and forth.

so sad. I will say prayers for all of them

UpdateWell, found out today that the baby we thought was off the respirator is not. Someone in our church talked to the father today. They are going to try to take the child off the respirator in the morning. PLEASE PRAY SPECIFICALLY THIS IS SUCCESSFUL!

The other baby is still on the respirator. Had a set back this morning but has recovered from the set back. Is still critical.

Please continue to pray for them both and all that is involved.

The sitter filled her pool in Friday and told everyone she would no longer be baby sitting. We have heard she has been cleared of all criminal charges. Whis is wonderful b/c we all know she did not mean for this to happen and does not need to suffer anymore.

Oh man. I am so sorry to hear about this. :( I will keep everyone in my prayers.

Related to Can we save these two children through the power of prayer?

1. How does prayer work in situations like this?

As a scientist, I cannot definitively answer how prayer works. However, some research suggests that prayer can have positive effects on a person's mental and emotional well-being, which can potentially aid in their physical healing.

2. Can prayer actually save someone's life?

There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that prayer alone can save someone's life. However, prayer can provide comfort and support to those who are going through difficult times.

3. Is there any research on the effectiveness of prayer?

There have been some studies conducted on the effects of prayer on health outcomes, but the results are inconclusive. More research is needed to fully understand the potential benefits of prayer.

4. Can prayer change the outcome of a medical situation?

Again, there is no scientific evidence to support this claim. Medical outcomes are determined by a variety of factors, including medical treatment and the individual's own body and health conditions.

5. Is it ethical for someone to rely solely on prayer for healing?

As a scientist, I cannot make ethical judgments. However, it is important for individuals to seek appropriate medical treatment in addition to prayer for any health concerns they may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlag1986
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg