1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Tragedy at work

1. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Friends,

Usually, I take pains to avoid posting where I work in public. However, in this case ... I thought a link would be better than posting a thousand words.

We lost a dear friend and co-worker this week:

Recordpub.com - Breaking News, World & Local News, Sports & Multimedia

She was the mother of two young boys. Please pray for them, and for all of us as we seek to process this tragedy.

I was at the scene on Thursday. Trust me, it was incredibly hard to co-write this story, and to type her name in the past tense.

Oh .. and you won't find a byline on Friday's story. That is because we thought it best to render her stories as coming from "staff reports" so as to not put her name next to the story about how she died. So we all voluntarily decided to withhold our bylines as a tribute to her.

Mar 21, 2009
  2. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

How sad. So sorry for your loss and praying for her family during this difficult time.

Mar 21, 2009
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm sorry for your loss.

Mar 21, 2009
  4. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.... What a sad story.

Mar 21, 2009
  5. nldavis321

nldavis321 Member Gold Member

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you find some comfort in knowing she is in a better place. All my thoughts and prayers to you and her family.

Mar 21, 2009
  6. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

What a terrible tragedy and so sad for her childdren. I am so sorry for your loss. Everyone will be in my prayers.

7. peichef

peichef Veteran Member

How very sad. I'll be sure to pray for her family, as well as fo you & all her friends 7 co-workers who are mourning her loss.

Mar 21, 2009
  8. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Prayers for you and her family & friends

9. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

My goodness . . . so sad. Definitely praying for everyone effected by this.

10. Jess_K

Jess_K Member

prayers being said for everyone involved. I'm sorry for your loss.

Mar 21, 2009
  11. I am sorry for your loss, I pray for those children and all affected.

12. twinchefs

twinchefs Advanced Member Gold Member

So sorry for your loss.

Mar 21, 2009
  13. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I read about this this morning...so horrible...

Mar 21, 2009
  14. KellyTheChef

KellyTheChef Legend Member Gold Member

I am so sorry to hear about this...prayers for all of you guys at work, and her family.

Mar 21, 2009
  15. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I sit here now with tears in my eyes after reading the story, and thank God for all I have.

Mar 21, 2009
  16. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Thank you all ... and those in Ohio, you are a primary reason I posted this ... you may have heard about it, but you may not have realized I am affected also.

I got a call today from a witness ... she was asking me all kinds of questions ... it was unsettling to say the least ... I was sitting at the table wrapping up my craft fair and she was the last person I wanted to deal with.

But the bottom line is the poor woman is haunted by the fact that she didn't open the front door when the fire was in the back, and by fears that justice might not be done.

I told her that when there is a tragedy there are sometimes questions that go unanswered, and that we need to learn not to let those questions haunt us. And when she said, "there is a God and we need to pray that justice will be done." I said, "Yes there is. And he LOVES justice."

Calling hours are Monday and the funeral is Tuesday. I am virtually certain I'll be attending both from work with a team of co-workers. Please pray that we are able to still do our jobs.

Have something to add?