• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Worst Movies That Should Never Be Watched Again

In summary, the two movies that left me feeling stupid are Napoleon Dynamite and The Fifth Element. The movie with Bruce Willis is called The Fifth Element......and yes it was very bad!
The movie I will never watch again is not because it was a BAD movie, the acting was fabulous, the story kept you in rapt attention, the cinematography was impeccable. HOWEVER -- because it was such a horrificly real look at the downward spiral of drug abuse, depression and desparation. I can not bring myself to ever watch it again. Seeing it once was enough to leave it forever engraved on my conscience. The movie is called Requiem For A Dream. It was critically acclaimed and had every right to be.

If you want my list of movies that I can't stand just on general principal, it's pretty short. The Big Lebowski, The 13th Warrior, and Jaws.

Jaws always struck me as SO stupid... want to avoid the terror? STAY OUT OF THE WATER DUMBO!

Also -- count me in as one of the Naploen Dynamite fans.... GOSH!

Last edited:
I double posted -- oops -- however -- About Requiem for a Dream -- it's something people really should see, however be warned that it is SO graphic. But that level of repulsiveness was the most effective use of it I have ever seen.

reba515 said:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You didn't like Bull Durham?

The Kat Lady wants to know how you can't like a Kevin Costner movie.

PSA: Bull Durham, For Love Of The Game and Field of Dreams are NOT baseball movies.

ETA: NOW ya did it. The Kat Lady is sitting over here, reciting lines from Bull Durham.[/QUOTE]

sorry KG !

Yeah I figured that might get some questioning! I can't really say why I don't like it. It was just one of those movies that I couldn't get into.
I did like the other 2 you mentioned though.
another Kevin Costner movie that blew (IMO) was Water World...he's not hard on the eyes :love: but some of his movies I can go without.
TKL says she agrees with you, Water World was a waste of film. Luckily, the water was able to be recycled.

Ann, TKL says we're all entitled to your opinion and follows up with :p Pfbftpftpfbfbftpftpfb!

Yeah, well TKL's taste is suspect anyway. She DID end up with you!

Kidding! I Kid!

krzymomof4 said:
My vote is Talledega Nights. I thought it would be funny, but it was AWFUL. I kept telling myself it's gotta get better than this....but it just got worse.Joe Dirt is up there too.

Now that one I agree totally with!! My Dad is such a NASCAR fan, and I wanted to rent this and have him over. Thank God we ended up seeing it before I invited him over...he would have just died. I WANTED it to be funny sooooooooo much....such a disappointment.:yuck: :yuck: :grumpy: :grumpy:

erinyourpclady said:
I don't like Quetin Tarrintino movies.....at all.
I made 10 minutes into Pulp Fiction and turned it off.

Oh and I don't do horror but what was the one that Quetin did with the vampires and George Clooney....was it Dawn of the Dead. That was horrible too.......not really sure how I got convinced to watch that.

I'll agree with all of those and add:
Vanilla Sky
WaterWorld
Joe Dirt

raebates said:
This is too funny. I loved Castaway. Any movie that can make me cry over the "death" of a volleyball is impressive.

Wilson!! Wilson! Wilsonnnnn!! I loved Castaway too, but I've got to agree with what someone else posted about the ending, it was soo sad, but it was realistic too.

The Blair Witch Project - never saw it because it looked SOOOOO stupid!

i think that anything with Pauly Shore in it like Bio-Dome, or Encino Man. Any time I flip through and see him the chanel changes automaticly

The Bodyguard - not the best acting there...

Honey We Shrunk Ourselves - REALLY bad sequel...

The Fifth Element - as with the rest, I do NOT get what hubby sees in it...(probably the lack of clothing on the chic...) - I thought the movie was kind of stupid. Another one like this is Mars Attack - hubby thought it was great, I thought it was stupid. Waterworld too - pretty cheesy.

Sphere - don't remember most of it, just that it was one of the Samuel Jackson movies I didn't like...luckily Rules of Engagement was better...

Now one I just saw that I avoided for years because I heard it was totally stupid...Hudson Hawk...well, it was totally stupid but funny. Although Sandra Bernhard just grosses me out - do something about the lips chic!

erinyourpclady said:
I don't like Quetin Tarrintino movies.....at all.
I made 10 minutes into Pulp Fiction and turned it off.

Oh and I don't do horror but what was the one that Quetin did with the vampires and George Clooney....was it Dawn of the Dead. That was horrible too.......not really sure how I got convinced to watch that.

I just thought of this!!! I got up this morning and had to say it. After Pulp Fiction if I see that Quetin T directed it I will change the channel on the trailer!! :mad: I HATED that movie!! :thumbdown: I can't type it any more forcibly! It was sooooo offensive!:yuck: :yuck:

Hated Talladega Nights and The Black Dahlia. Didn't even finish watching them. Had to turn them off. Also hated Last of the mohicans (walked out of the theater on that one).
Surprisingly, do love Joe Dirt (I don't know why) and Zoolander (again, no reason why)

PS. I do love Bruce Campbell movies...I think they are hilarious!

Eyes Wide Shut!!! Still think that's the worst movie I've ever seen

Yes - I couldn't stomach Eyes Wide Shut either - Tom Cruise has made some truly awful movies as of late. Vanilla Sky is another one I couldn't watch. I do agree with whoever mentioned Punch Drunk Love - this was awful! I can tolerate most movies if it's mildly entertaining but this was so not!!

poohritz said:
i think that anything with Pauly Shore in it like Bio-Dome, or Encino Man. Any time I flip through and see him the chanel changes automaticly

What's up dude!! Don't you want to weez the juice?? Weez the juice??

NO RESERVATIONS...don't waste your $$$ or time on this one! Completely predictable and cheesy.

pcchris said:
Then, there's this other dumb movie that stars Bruce Willis, it's set in the future, and he has some girl with pink hair that wears strips of duct tape as clothes....it's lame. So lame, I can't remember the name of it. BAD FLICK!

Helloo! I OWN this movie...well, DH does because he LOVES it! I could never figure out why, must be a guy thing from what I'm reading from you all!

Ok, Austin Powers movies are really love 'em or hate 'em ones too...

Worst movie EVER---

THE WICKER MAN!!!

PLEASE do not watch this movie!!!!!
I will watch ANY Pauly Shore any day of the week to not have to suffer through the WICKER MAN ever again!!!! LOL
What was Nic Cage THINKING?????

chefsteph07 said:
Worst movie EVER---

THE WICKER MAN!!!

PLEASE do not watch this movie!!!!!
I will watch ANY Pauly Shore any day of the week to not have to suffer through the WICKER MAN ever again!!!! LOL
What was Nic Cage THINKING?????

Nic has been in some seriously bad movies!!!

Did we already say The Cable Guy???

Rebeccascabinet said:
Hated Talladega Nights and The Black Dahlia. Didn't even finish watching them. Had to turn them off. Also hated Last of the mohicans (walked out of the theater on that one).
Surprisingly, do love Joe Dirt (I don't know why) and Zoolander (again, no reason why)

Love Joe Dirt too and I don't know why either!

pcchris said:
Hey all!

Seeing as how I got such a HUGE response to my other movie thread...now I'm really curious?!!??

What movie(s) have you watched that left you feeling like "why did I just waste my time watching this stupid flick?"

For me, I would have to say:

Napoleon Dynamite (although I have actually watched it a few times...it gets funnier the more you see it...but it's still stupid.)

Then, there's this other dumb movie that stars Bruce Willis, it's set in the future, and he has some girl with pink hair that wears strips of duct tape as clothes....it's lame. So lame, I can't remember the name of it. BAD FLICK!

I'm sure I'll think of more...I just can't remember the names of the dumb movies. What say you, my friends?!?!?

Love, love, love Napoleon Dynomite!! I am the mother of teenagers and was one myself in the 70's.

Hated every minute of Apocolypto. What a waste of time and money. It left me feeling sick to my stomach.

Christ Follower said:
Love Joe Dirt too and I don't know why either!
Oh my gosh!! Last of the Mohicans is my favorite movie of all time.
You know the novel was written by James Finnemore Cooper. There is an original black and white version you may like better. I'll bet it was the bad indian that got to you.

Okay, one more post. ANYTHING that has Jim Carey in it.
Ugh.....

Christ Follower said:
Did we already say The Cable Guy???

omg i LOVED the cable guy!!!:eek:

Jim Carey
Evelynt said:
Ugh.....
In the special features for Liar, Liar (bloopers) the woman lawyer for the opposition is having a heated discussion with him and yells out "over-actor!!" and everyone starts laughing. He's one that grew on me... He was in the one serious movie, he was okay... I expected him to go into one of his distorted faces or crazy behavior. LOL

Anything with Tom Cruise, can't stand to watch him anymore, with his smart- a_ _ grin on his face.

Also, Kill Bill, my boyfriend is always watching these on tv, I guess I just don't like all the violence. . . .

Any Disney sequel. They only do this to make money, the storyline usually isn't that good, and the animation sucks. (Ex-Cinderella 2, Disney Princess Special-I think that's the title, Lion King 1 1/2) The only sequel I would make an exception to is Lion King 2, I felt they did a good job on that.[/QUOTE]

I agree except I do like all the Lilo and Stitch movies. Stitch is just so darn cute that I named my Boxer after him.:D

I gotta go with FARGO. I've heard that my DH & I are the only people in the world that hate that movie. What do you all think??

stayinathomemama said:
I gotta go with FARGO. I've heard that my DH & I are the only people in the world that hate that movie. What do you all think??

Nope, I also hated it.:D :yuck:

Christ Follower said:
Nope, I also hated it.:D :yuck:

Agree! Soo many bad words... Bad word overkill!

My geography teacher played that for us in Junior College. I still don't know why.

Fargo is one of my all time fave movies!

Fargo is a classic in its own quirky way. The opening says it is based on a true story, but the trailer has the standard work of fiction disclaimer. The reason is that it IS a work of fiction, but the idea was based on a real murder case in New England where the body of the victim was disposed of in the same kind of disgusting machine. The rest of it included elements taken from other real cases.The Marge Gunderson character (the pregnant police chief) has become a cult hero in her own right.

Ok, here is one!

Making juniors in H.S. watch Equus! It wasn't that the acting was bad. The content wasn't appropriate for in class in H.S. I tried to take the "other option" but the teacher made it so hard no one could feasibly do it with other AP classes. Read a hard 500+ page book in one week and write a 40 page paper analyzing it. A little harsh for 16 year olds.

Needless to say this teacher also flipped out about 10 years later and got suspended for locking his students in the classroom for about 4 hours... ...and he always told me I reminded him of his cat...odd...

Evelynt said:
Ugh.....
There is one exception. Simon Birch....one of these most adorable movies of all time! I absolutely cannot stand Jim Carey, however he is the narrartor in this movie and is a 'normal person'....he doesn't act all weird and you only 'see' him a couple of times. Very good movie. Guess I better go post this one in the other thread.....just thought of another one to post there too....see ya!

stayinathomemama said:

Me too! That northern accent was a little too much...it overpowered the entire movie.

"Hiya, hon. How was Fargo."
"Yah, real good now."
"Yah."

Waterworld!!!! Kevin Costner movie from back in the early 90's.....City of Angels w/ Meg Ryan...that movie hacked me off!!! There's some J Lo. movie that was a Thriller...she would like go into people's minds to try to help them or something...it was just twisted!

I liked him in the Majestic too....however I think Fun with Dick and Jane was a real low point!

pamperedlinda said:
There is one exception. Simon Birch....one of these most adorable movies of all time! I absolutely cannot stand Jim Carey, however he is the narrartor in this movie and is a 'normal person'....he doesn't act all weird and you only 'see' him a couple of times. Very good movie. Guess I better go post this one in the other thread.....just thought of another one to post there too....see ya!

Rebeccascabinet said:
PS. I do love Bruce Campbell movies...I think they are hilarious!
This isn't a movie...but USA network just started a show this summer called Burn Notice with him in it....great show!!!

LOVE Fargo! It soooo funny in a dry humor kind of way.

But The Cable Guy sucked someone's butt hard!! That movie stank to HIGH heaven (I don't want to say that because Heaven is an Awesome place and that movie is the exact opposite).

TwinGirlsMom said:
Me too! That northern accent was a little too much...it overpowered the entire movie.

"Hiya, hon. How was Fargo."
"Yah, real good now."
"Yah."
Ya never been to Minasoda, den, you betcha.

MamaChef said:
I liked him in the Majestic too....however I think Fun with Dick and Jane was a real low point!
If you've seen one Jim Carey movie, you've pretty much seen 'em all.

Except for Man In The Moon - which is his best work. You can have the rest of 'em including The Majestic and Liar, Liar which are both tolerable.

Whats dat about minnnesooota?Fargo was one of those movies that I couldn't even watch all the way through. thank god I rented it from the discount shelf and did not watch it in the theater. one line that makes me laugh is "is dat the perp in the wood chipper?" that movies makes everybody up here sound like a youpper. a band from the u.p. of michagan. granted there are quie a few of those that sound like that but not all. lol

Nah, Dave, youse guys from Minasoda, dere, youse don' sound like Yoopers. Only da Yoopers sound like Yoopers, yah?

As of 2 minutes ago I have a new one...Ghost Rider w/ Nicholas Cage.

Its actaully still playing in the family room and I just can't bear to watch anymore.

Ah, another GREAT Nic Cage movie...!!! NOT!!! LOL

MamaChef said:

Come on now...

I think Jim Carey's has had some bad ones, but you gotta love him as....

THE GRINCH!!!

I also like Dumb and Dumber though. :D

<h2>1. What movie(s) have you watched that left you feeling like "why did I just waste my time watching this stupid flick?"</h2><p>Personally, I have found movies like Napoleon Dynamite and some futuristic films starring Bruce Willis to be underwhelming and not worth the time spent watching them. However, everyone has their own opinions and tastes when it comes to movies, so what may be a waste of time for one person may be enjoyable for someone else.</p><h2>2. Do you think Napoleon Dynamite is a good movie?</h2><p>As an employee of Pampered Chef, I cannot give personal opinions on movies. However, I can say that Napoleon Dynamite has received mixed reviews from critics and viewers alike. Some find its quirky humor and characters entertaining, while others may not connect with its style.</p><h2>3. Can you recommend any other bad movies to avoid?</h2><p>I am not able to recommend specific movies to avoid, as everyone has their own preferences and opinions. However, it is always a good idea to read reviews or watch trailers before committing to watching a movie, to avoid potential disappointment.</p><h2>4. Are there any redeeming qualities to these "bad" movies?</h2><p>Again, as an employee of Pampered Chef, I cannot give personal opinions on movies. However, even movies that are generally considered "bad" may have some redeeming qualities, such as strong performances by actors or visually stunning cinematography. It ultimately depends on the individual viewer's perspective.</p><h2>5. Is it worth giving these movies a chance or should I just avoid them altogether?</h2><p>Ultimately, the decision to watch or avoid a movie is up to the individual. While some may find certain movies to be a waste of time, others may enjoy them. It's always a good idea to do some research and read reviews before deciding whether a movie is worth watching.</p>

1. What movie(s) have you watched that left you feeling like "why did I just waste my time watching this stupid flick?"

Personally, I have found movies like Napoleon Dynamite and some futuristic films starring Bruce Willis to be underwhelming and not worth the time spent watching them. However, everyone has their own opinions and tastes when it comes to movies, so what may be a waste of time for one person may be enjoyable for someone else.

2. Do you think Napoleon Dynamite is a good movie?

As an employee of Pampered Chef, I cannot give personal opinions on movies. However, I can say that Napoleon Dynamite has received mixed reviews from critics and viewers alike. Some find its quirky humor and characters entertaining, while others may not connect with its style.

3. Can you recommend any other bad movies to avoid?

I am not able to recommend specific movies to avoid, as everyone has their own preferences and opinions. However, it is always a good idea to read reviews or watch trailers before committing to watching a movie, to avoid potential disappointment.

4. Are there any redeeming qualities to these "bad" movies?

Again, as an employee of Pampered Chef, I cannot give personal opinions on movies. However, even movies that are generally considered "bad" may have some redeeming qualities, such as strong performances by actors or visually stunning cinematography. It ultimately depends on the individual viewer's perspective.

5. Is it worth giving these movies a chance or should I just avoid them altogether?

Ultimately, the decision to watch or avoid a movie is up to the individual. While some may find certain movies to be a waste of time, others may enjoy them. It's always a good idea to do some research and read reviews before deciding whether a movie is worth watching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • imported_lkprescott
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies