• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Travel Websites for Booking in December

maybe we just look uninterested. We should be more pro-active in urging them to book and promote the benefits of December. Have you seen the new bonus for booking in December? by Helaine Balsamo, Sales Director, NJYes, I have seen this. The bonus is $500 for booking in December. It is a great incentive to get people to book in December.
footballchef
Gold Member
Booking DecemberDoes anyone have a flyer on Booking December? I remember seeing one passing around a few years ago? Anyone have this on their computer and you can post it?

Thanks.

There was something last year on Chef Success for December bookings. It was The Twelve Days of Christmas. There was a bonus for each of the first twelve days of December for booking. If I do this - I would start it on 11/27.

This is something I have in my files:

Visions of Dollar Signs Dance in my Head! December is almost here!
by Helaine Balsamo, Sales Director, NJ

December is one of those months - love it or hate it. I find with my business it's been the same - one year no shows one year $8,000 worth. And now this year...I have seen both sides and know the difference. It isn't the holidays, the cold, the friend's or anything else....the difference was ME!

The first year I went into the booking process with this thought on my brain "no one is going to book December" - so guess what? They didn't! I probably said things like "did you want December?" "did you want December or January?", etc.

Last year I said "super - you're considering booking a show - well I have just a few dates left this year - which day of the week is best for you in December?" - CONFIDENCE, urgency.....I even did a show Dec. 30th at the host's request and now I KNOW that the last weekend of Dec. is awesome for shows!

December is grate cause of our gift certificates, our holiday cut off deadline, a whole year to return things for a refund, 30 days to return at the company's expense - EMPHASIZE THIS - this means that they have ‘til AFTER Christmas to return an item and NO GOING TO THE MALL and waiting on lines to do it!

You could make your shows fun - wear blue, wear red, bring an ornament, whatever! Do a show in your PJ's and slippers, a hot cocoa and finger food show, wine and cheese show, couples night out! Their houses are already decorated so why not show them off? Shop from your seat not on your feet - do it as an open house so no one cares if they are late or have to leave early!

Also, run an on-line sale for your guests, hosts, family and friends. My phone is going all the time now with "I want to order stuff for the holidays". Keep in mind Chanukah starts Nov. 29th and I love to remind people that it's better to cut out a picture and say it's on it's way and get them PC products as a gift than to worry it might be late. Another way to offer shows AFTER the holiday shipment deadline.

One more thought: be VERY CAREFUL not to talk about "Christmas" (depending on where you live of course) but "THE HOLIDAYS"...from a Jewish/Catholic marriage with children celebrating both I can tell you people at your shows WILL be turned off if they are Jewish and there is only a mention of Christmas - just food for thought!

Just some holiday thoughts...I want a BIG JANUARY paycheck, not to mention points towards the 2008 Incentive Trips right from the start! You want to join me?! BOOK UP DECEMBER! Then start 2008 with a BANG!

Helaine Balsamo

That is great! And so true. I think often we discourage our hosts from booking in December. Even if we don't say anything discouraging just the fact we don't really talk up booking in December is enough for them to skip to the next year. A lot of it is our attitude.

Some of my favs are:

www.CruiseCritic.com for cruises. They have specific ship reviews as well as a forum for questions and reviews on ships cruises, and ports from travelers.

www.vacationstogo.com This website has great cruise deals up to 81% off! You can easliy define your search and then all the deals show up on an easy to scan data page.

www.tripadvisor.com for lodging reviews. These are reviews by actual travelers- tons of good info.

www.fodors.com Their community boards have tons of info on everywhere by posters. I love the fact they have areas to define your search to a specific place or name of something.

www.luxurylink.com This is a website with auctions for luxury properties around the world. I've never bid- but I can dream.

wwwSlowtrav.com This is a websitefor travelers who want to stop and smell the roses on their travels. They have trip reports and all sorts of info on B and Bs and other forms of lodging. Particularily good for Europe.

I use tripadvisor alot, but it's really confusing sometimes, way too much packed into their pages.

I don't travel so don't have any favorites... we usually hone in on our destinations and they usually are independent campgrounds or places of interest... festivals and such.

1. What are the top travel websites recommended by Pampered Chef?

The top travel websites recommended by Pampered Chef include Expedia, Booking.com, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, and Kayak. These websites offer a wide range of options for flights, hotels, and activities at competitive prices.

2. Can I find exclusive deals and discounts on these travel websites?

Yes, these travel websites often have exclusive deals and discounts for their users. Make sure to sign up for their email newsletters and follow them on social media to stay updated on the latest deals and promotions.

3. Are these websites user-friendly and easy to navigate?

Yes, these websites are designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate. They have a simple search system and filters to help you find the best options based on your preferences and budget.

4. Can I book all my travel arrangements on these websites?

Yes, you can book your flights, hotels, rental cars, and activities all on these websites. They offer a one-stop-shop for all your travel needs, making it convenient and efficient for you to plan your trip.

5. Are there any additional fees or hidden costs when booking through these websites?

Most of these travel websites are transparent about their fees and charges. However, it is always a good idea to read the fine print and understand any additional fees or hidden costs before booking your trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MLinAZ
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear