• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Toffee/Peanut Brittle on Bar Pan?

In summary, the best way to prepare a bar pan for making toffee or peanut brittle is by lightly greasing it with cooking spray or butter. The bar pan is oven-safe and recommended for making toffee or peanut brittle, and it is ready when it turns golden brown and starts to pull away from the edges. You can add toppings before baking and hand wash the bar pan with warm soapy water to clean it after use.
pchefinski
Has anyone tried making toffee/peanut brittle on their bar pan? Will the cool (room temp) pan crack when you pour hot toffee/peanut brittle on it?

:) I have used the bar pan for both and it works great, the only trouble I had was with the toffee, when it cooled and the butter set up I couldn't get it out of the pan so I just put it in a warm oven until it softened up and it came right out. For the peanut brittle make sure to use plenty of butter in the pan so that it comes out. This year I loosened it when it was still slightly warm. Have not had a problem with putting the hot mix in, you could put the pan in a warm oven so the temp. change wouldn't be as drastic.

Laura
Consultant
North Dakota

FabulousUse parchment paper in your pan and they come out great!

Thanks :) I'm going to make both of these (I think) and some peppermint bark for our church Christmas service next weekend..

Will you please share the recipes???

I hope this is not a crime!! -- They're not PC recipes! :D

Peanut Brittle: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/Recipe.aspx?recipeId=34628

Peppermint Bark: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeId=34626

Toffee: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeId=36113

Well, even if they aren't PC recipes, at least it'll show that you can use PC for everything and anything!!

Thank you Amanda!!! Yum! Some of my favorite cookies recipes are not PC recipes, but I still use the tools to make them. :)

I was going to suggest the parchment paper too or a spritz of cooking spray wouldn't hurt. The recipes sound yummy. Thanks for sharing. :)

1. What is the best way to prepare the bar pan before making toffee/peanut brittle?

The best way to prepare the bar pan is by lightly greasing it with cooking spray or butter. This will prevent the toffee/brittle from sticking to the pan and make it easier to remove once it has cooled.

2. Can I use the bar pan to make toffee/peanut brittle in the oven?

Yes, the bar pan is oven-safe and is the recommended pan to use for making toffee/peanut brittle. It will evenly distribute the heat and help create a crispy and even layer of toffee/brittle.

3. How do I know when the toffee/peanut brittle is ready to be taken out of the oven?

The toffee/peanut brittle is ready when it turns a golden brown color and starts to pull away from the edges of the pan. You can also do a quick test by dropping a small amount of the mixture into a cup of cold water - if it hardens immediately, it is ready.

4. Can I add nuts or other toppings to the toffee/peanut brittle while it is baking in the bar pan?

Yes, you can add nuts, chocolate chips, or other toppings to the toffee/brittle before baking in the bar pan. Simply sprinkle them on top of the mixture and gently press them in before placing it in the oven.

5. How do I clean the bar pan after making toffee/peanut brittle?

The bar pan is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to preserve its non-stick coating. If there is any hardened toffee/brittle stuck to the pan, soak it in warm water to loosen it before washing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies