• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips to Make Shows More Interesing Please!

In summary, In order to keep people entertained, the author suggests doing interactive shows, having an auction, and offering free gifts. Additionally, she recommends being yourself and letting the guests do what they want.
Cape_PC
I have done about 4 PC shows so far and I always feel like they are so boring! I think if I can spice the show more people would book. What are some of your ideas for livening up the party a little bit!

what are you doing now?I have found doing the interactive shows are a lot of fun. I start out letting everyone know that WE are cooking tonight. I do auction shows so I tell everyone how it works and how to earn those dollars! They get excited and even competitive over getting the money so people loosen up, laugh and really get involved!! Plus the auction makes people excited and is their last memory for booking so tend to be more open to booking after having fun.

Search the files for "one liners". There are LOTS of great ideas in those files. Just practice a few and add to your show. People WILL laugh, and that always adds fun! Also, any food tips you can give are always well appreciated. For instance, I always tell people that if they are only going to use part of a pepper to use the part not connected to the stem and seeds. Keeping the part attached to the seeds will allow it to "keep" longer in the refrigerator. Same with onions. Keep the stem end and use the other end first. Things like that.

Murkey, LOVE the picture! I'm a big fan of Swedish chef!

Just be yourself. As you do more shows, you'll get into the groove of things!

murkey said:
what are you doing now?

I have found doing the interactive shows are a lot of fun. I start out letting everyone know that WE are cooking tonight. I do auction shows so I tell everyone how it works and how to earn those dollars!

They get excited and even competitive over getting the money so people loosen up, laugh and really get involved!! Plus the auction makes people excited and is their last memory for booking so tend to be more open to booking after having fun.

I tried to do interactive shows (my first show) and no one wanted to do anything. They all wanted to just sit in their seats. I have never seen an interactive show in person so maybe I should do that. What do you auction and what do you hand out tickets for?

I played the Dice Game at my last Cooking Show! It was really well received... Course it may have been because the very first person to roll the dice got "2" which was the number that won the DCB!

To play the Dice Game:

Number envelopes from 2-12. #2 is whatever you are giving away. I used the DCB when I could get it as a Host Special. This month, I got an extra Trifle Bowl. (My DD had several shows hold that were booked from her Show and she didn't want the Beaded things). #3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12 are "Book A Show". #6, 7, 8, 9 are "Free Gift". I put index cards in envelopes with the "prize" on it. I say, "Who likes to gamble?" There is only 2 rules. You MUST do what the card says and you can't open the card until everyone has rolled the dice. Not everyone will play.

Unfortunately the first time I played it, my "poker face" did not hold up at all when the first person rolled the "2". My mouth dropped so they all knew something happened. I also let her open the envelope immediately. Don't do that till everyone has rolled.

My director got 12 extra bookings off the game and she did 6 shows before anyone rolled the "2" for the DCB.

Something I saw at Training was to put the person's first name and a product name as their last name. Whenever that product needed to be used, that person got to come help with the demo. It helped break the ice of actually helping!

To make my shows interactive, I simply call on people: "who'll be my Vanna?" or "who doesn't have the can opener? Can you come show it off for me?"

If someone gets real excited about a product when I show it, I'll just hand it to her and say "here sell it for me" and let her go at it. Often, they do a much better job than I do.

Everyone one of my shows is different. I don't know if that's good, but I show different items, talk different amounts, do different intros. At least I don't get bored.

You could even ask guests what they thought. So when they're checking out, ask "I'm new at this and looking for feedback. Is there anything I could do to make my show more interesting?" or "Did you like the game or did it make you feel uncomfortable?"

Good luck. That's the great thing about direct sales - you can make the show just like you want it....BEE

pcchefjane said:
I played the Dice Game at my last Cooking Show! It was really well received... Course it may have been because the very first person to roll the dice got "2" which was the number that won the DCB!

To play the Dice Game:

Number envelopes from 2-12. #2 is whatever you are giving away. I used the DCB when I could get it as a Host Special. This month, I got an extra Trifle Bowl. (My DD had several shows hold that were booked from her Show and she didn't want the Beaded things). #3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12 are "Book A Show". #6, 7, 8, 9 are "Free Gift". I put index cards in envelopes with the "prize" on it. I say, "Who likes to gamble?" There is only 2 rules. You MUST do what the card says and you can't open the card until everyone has rolled the dice. Not everyone will play.

Unfortunately the first time I played it, my "poker face" did not hold up at all when the first person rolled the "2". My mouth dropped so they all knew something happened. I also let her open the envelope immediately. Don't do that till everyone has rolled.

My director got 12 extra bookings off the game and she did 6 shows before anyone rolled the "2" for the DCB.

Something I saw at Training was to put the person's first name and a product name as their last name. Whenever that product needed to be used, that person got to come help with the demo. It helped break the ice of actually helping!

How come? After they saw what she won, wouldn't that encourage more to participate? Or is there only one envelope for each number? What if 2 or more people roll the same number? Do they roll again, or just get the same index card from the envelope? Do you warn them ahead of time what the slips say?

Related to Tips to Make Shows More Interesing Please!

What are some ideas for making my Pampered Chef show more interesting?

1. Incorporate interactive games or activities: Consider adding a game or interactive activity that involves your guests and gets them engaged in the show. This could be a recipe taste test, a cooking challenge, or a guessing game related to kitchen utensils.

2. Share personal stories or tips: People love to hear personal stories and tips from others, so consider sharing your own experiences or tips related to cooking or using Pampered Chef products. This will make the show more relatable and interesting for your guests.

3. Use visual aids: Instead of just talking about the products, show your guests how they work by using visual aids such as videos, photos, or demos. This will help them better understand the products and make the show more engaging.

4. Collaborate with other consultants: Consider teaming up with other Pampered Chef consultants to co-host a show. This will bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the show, making it more interesting for both you and your guests.

5. Offer incentives or prizes: People love freebies, so consider offering small incentives or prizes for guests who attend the show or participate in activities. This will create excitement and make the show more fun and interesting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
Replies
Views
julsradford