• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips From Seeing Another Ds Show

In summary, the girl at the show last night was very unprofessional. She did not show up to the party on time, and did not take control of the calendar or bookings. She told the guests that the party would start at 7, but did not show up until 715. She also did not get started until 730, which caused people to be late.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I went to a show last night and it was really good!! She didn't do anything amazing but it solidified 2 things that I have already been doing. I thought I would share to make sure everyone else does this as well.

1. When we walked into the party, all the guests were in the kitchen getting food and visiting, the rep was standing beside her table in the living room. We could see her but she wouldn't come into the kitchen. We were there for probably 20 minutes after the scheduled start time and she never came and talked to the host or asked to get started. I'm the one that said, maybe we should get started here? because I knew she was probably anxious having been around for probably 45 minutes waiting for us

Lesson Learned: mingle with your guests! Get to know them - have a drink, eat some food. This is a relationship business - build some relationships right from the start.

2. When booking shows, either have the monthly view of your calendar highlighted or circled or whatever with all of your open dates. Or have a list of them on the front of your book. This girl was flipping through each week 'oh how about this day? oh no I'm busy that day? i COULD do this day if you really wanted to. Oh I shouldn't do this day'

Lesson Learned: Take control of your calendar!! YOU decide when you work - not your guests. Be organized and have your dates ready so you can offer your next available date. Or at the very least your next available "Friday" (or whatever day they want - I wanted a Friday).

3. She told us to tell our guests the party will start at 7, she will show up at 715 and we'll get started at 730 "because people are always late." :eek:

I hope no one on my team would ever do this. I've never had much of a problem starting on time or 10 minutes after the start date...but what would happen if she had a party where everyone was on time?? She'd show up late??

I've heard of some creative ways to get guests there on time - tell them the party starts at 6:58 or 7:20. Do an on-time draw for a small prize. Whatever you do, be there before the guests are scheduled to be there!

I don't want to be too harsh on this girl because like I said, she was really good but I would bet if she changed a few things, her business would skyrocket. When we were trying to book my show, I almost told her to call me tomorrow when she figured out what she had available.

Very helpful information, thanks! :)

Lesson learned...thanks!

I think it's good to attend other shows, just to get tips like this!

I will say about the starting time...I've been doing 7:02, or 1:58, or whatever. Just putting two minutes before/past the time I usually put has made a difference. People are noticing & being on time more!

lacychef said:
I think it's good to attend other shows, just to get tips like this!

I will say about the starting time...I've been doing 7:02, or 1:58, or whatever. Just putting two minutes before/past the time I usually put has made a difference. People are noticing & being on time more!

Very creative about the time change. Gets people to pay attention...;)

It definately does. And what's funny is they'll joke with the host about it; & I usually forget to tell them, so then they'll ask me about it.

1. What is "Tips From Seeing Another Ds Show"?

"Tips From Seeing Another Ds Show" is a training program designed to help our consultants learn from each other's successful Pampered Chef parties. It is a valuable resource for new and experienced consultants alike.

2. How can I access "Tips From Seeing Another Ds Show"?

You can access "Tips From Seeing Another Ds Show" by logging into your Pampered Chef account and navigating to the "Training" section. You will find the program under the "Resources" tab.

3. What kind of tips can I expect to find in "Tips From Seeing Another Ds Show"?

The program covers a wide range of topics, including party planning, product demonstrations, host coaching, and sales techniques. You will also find tips on how to engage guests, increase bookings, and grow your business.

4. Is "Tips From Seeing Another Ds Show" only for new consultants?

No, "Tips From Seeing Another Ds Show" is beneficial for both new and experienced consultants. Even if you have been with Pampered Chef for a while, you can always learn new tips and techniques to improve your parties and sales.

5. Can I share "Tips From Seeing Another Ds Show" with my team?

Yes, "Tips From Seeing Another Ds Show" is available for all Pampered Chef consultants to access and share with their teams. We encourage you to use this resource to support and train your team members for successful parties and business growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom