• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Essential Tips for a First-Time Stir Fry Maker?

S
sfdavis918
I am planning on making Stir Fry for dinner tonight, but I have never done it before. I have meat that says it's specifically for stir fry, and frozen veggies too. Do I need any pointers? Do I need to add anything else to it, like seasonings?

By the way, thanks for all the help you guys have given me in the past few days about the dinners I'm making. We are really trying not to eat out (we do it ALOT!) and haven't been out for almost a week now! That is really saying something for us! So a big fat THANKS to everyone! (Especially to BeckyD for the scallop recipe, DH is still talking about it!):D

I made the beef and broccoli stir fry out of the Main Dishes cookbook. You marinate the meat slices in soy sauce, oil and cornstarch for 15 minutes. Then you cook it on med high heat in two batches. Each batch you add ginger root, garlic and red pepper flakes. The high heat will help sear the meat and cook it really fast, especially if it's cut really thin. Then you cook the veggies - by the way each batch of meat and veggies need a little oil in the pan! Veggies just until crisp then add some beef broth and let simmer then add the meat back in and let simmer for a second. It's really good!

There are two tricks to stir frying well.

1. Make sure that everything you are going to stir fry is ready to go, and right at hand. You don't have time for a lot of fooling around.
  2. Keep stirring. Things at the bottom tend to get overdone if you don't keep stiring.

I love stir frying! As for seasonings, there's really nothing special, other than what you would normally use.

If your recipe calls for corn starch mixed with water to thicken the sauce, see point 1 above - have it ready to go.

Have a great time!

(Are you using our stir fry pan or a wok?)

sfdavis918 said:
I am planning on making Stir Fry for dinner tonight, but I have never done it before. I have meat that says it's specifically for stir fry, and frozen veggies too. Do I need any pointers? Do I need to add anything else to it, like seasonings?By the way, thanks for all the help you guys have given me in the past few days about the dinners I'm making. We are really trying not to eat out (we do it ALOT!) and haven't been out for almost a week now! That is really saying something for us! So a big fat THANKS to everyone! (Especially to BeckyD for the scallop recipe, DH is still talking about it!):D
Hey Sarah! I was just thinking of you - I made that recipe tonight for dinner - except with shrimp. It's great that way too!We had California blend veggies, and garlic parmesan biscuit bites with it. So easy and simple, but so good! DS gobbles it up! It's a favorite meal of his.For the stirfry - if you are using frozen veggies - make sure and do the meat first, and get rid of any extra liquid you may have after stirfrying the meat. after that, you can add a touch of oil (the Garlic Blend Oil would be great!) and the veggies - and stirfry the veggies just until crisp/tender. (The PC Asian Seasoning is good in stirfry too.) The key is to not overcook the veggies. You want them to still have a bit of crunch, and be bright colored. Add any sauces at the end - if you put them in at the beginning, it's sort of like boiling your veggies instead of stirfrying!

1. What kind of meat should I use for stir fry?

The best type of meat for stir fry is one that is thinly sliced, such as beef, chicken, pork, or shrimp. Look for cuts of meat that are labeled specifically for stir fry to ensure they are the right thickness and texture.

2. Can I use frozen vegetables for stir fry?

Yes, frozen vegetables can be used in stir fry. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the dish, as frozen vegetables can release a lot of water when cooked, which can affect the texture of the stir fry.

3. Do I need to marinate the meat before cooking?

Marinating the meat is not necessary, but it can add flavor and tenderize the meat. If you have time, marinate the meat in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and other desired seasonings for at least 30 minutes before cooking.

4. What seasonings should I add to the stir fry?

The seasonings you use will depend on personal taste, but some common ones for stir fry include soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil. You can also add a variety of herbs and spices, such as red pepper flakes, cumin, or coriander, to create different flavor profiles.

5. Do I need any additional ingredients for stir fry?

In addition to the meat and vegetables, you will also need a stir fry sauce, such as a combination of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and cornstarch. You can also add other ingredients like noodles, rice, tofu, or nuts for added texture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
  • esavvymom