• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Affordable Room Sharing When Attending a Conference - Expert Advice

but I'm not sure if I should go. I don't think my director is going to make any plans for us and only one other consultant is thinking about going. What should I do?If you are in Wave 1, you can go with the other consultants in your cluster or you can meet more people that way by going to National Conference with other Wave 1 consultants. Wave 1 consultants are also on the list of which Execs and above are in each wave. Check out the Training > National Conference link on the Consultant's Corner page. If you are not in Wave 1, you can still go to National Conference, but you will need to find a consultant that is in your wave to room with.
chefpayne
I really want to go but I'm not sure about a room. It does not sound like my director is going to make plans for us and only one other consultant is thinking about going. What should I do? There is no way I can afford to room solo. Ant advice is greatly appreciated.

Find out from your director if there are other clusters in the area that are in the same wave as you and you can go with them! My cluster did this last year when there were only two people going.You can meet more people that way!

chefpayne said:
I really want to go but I'm not sure about a room. It does not sound like my director is going to make plans for us and only one other consultant is thinking about going. What should I do? There is no way I can afford to room solo. Ant advice is greatly appreciated.
Which wave are you in? I bet there's someone on here that would welcome you!

Also check with your upline. The first time I went to Leadership NO ONE in my immediate upline was going - not even my director - and I ended up sharing a room with 2 of my executive director's directors.

I'm in Wave 1.

Do you know who your NED is by any chance? I am in wave one as well...

Stupid Question...
I am planing on going to conference but have not gotten any information about it, such as what wave I am in. How do I find out???

There's a list on Consultant's Corner of which Execs and above are in each wave. Go the Training> National Conference. You'll see the link. Look for a name that you recognize from your Commission Statement.

Leah, I'm not sure who my NED is but I'll find out. I'm really looking forward to meeting fellow cheffers from this site. The last time I went to Conference it was a great experience I fell in love with the company but I was kinda lonely. I did not know anyone besides my director and a couple of people from her cluster and my director went her own way. She wanted to catch up with her friends so I felt like a third wheel and tried to leave her alone. I really want to make my own friends.

So, who wants to be my friend? Boy, that sounds a little needed. I promise I'm not a wierdo. Ha, Ha.

I will I have been in those same shoes!! I went to conference the year before last and I was truely alone!! I knew NO one!! I didn't even know who my director was at the time!! So I will be your friend!!

What wave are you in??

Heather

I'll be your freind! All CS peops are my freinds! :)

Hi Erin!

I am in Wave 1.

I am not sure how many people in my cluster are attending conference, but I will keep you up-to-date as to whether or not we will have an extra spot in our room.

Lisa

Yes, I need a button and shirt from Ann's collection! Thanks Ann!

Morvin, I'm in Wave 1. I am getting so excited about meeting everyone. I just know that this Conference is going to be great.
I'll be sure to get a button and shirt.

BTW when is everyone going to fly in. I was thinking about the 8th but it will depend on if I have a room.

Thanks Lisa and please do keep me posted.

I'm flying in on monday at noon, to save $130 rather than coming on sunday. I might miss 1 workshop or come late but I'm am going for sure!

I am in wave one and if I have an extra spot I will post it for whoever needs it (female only - sorry Jason).

Erin I am in wave 1 to!!

how exciting I truely can't wait and it is still like three and a half months away!!!

Heather

I'm not sure exactly when I will be coming in I am driving so it depends on who I can get to keep the kids and how much extra money I have!!

heather

I really want to go, but my director is asking for a waiver to go with another group. So if I go, I'm on my own, I'm not seeking a waiver. So, I will not know anyone or being going with anyone. I'm new so I know nothing about it, and where to stay. I called HO today and they told me I'm Wave 2 - anybody looking for a tagalong?

amy07 said:
I really want to go, but my director is asking for a waiver to go with another group. So if I go, I'm on my own, I'm not seeking a waiver. So, I will not know anyone or being going with anyone. I'm new so I know nothing about it, and where to stay. I called HO today and they told me I'm Wave 2 - anybody looking for a tagalong?

Lots of us will be there during Wave 2. Just look for the crowd singing Barry Manilow tunes at the piano bar! LOL

Amy, I would suggest contacting your upline and getting rooms and making arrangements with her group.

dannyzmom said:
Lots of us will be there during Wave 2. Just look for the crowd singing Barry Manilow tunes at the piano bar! LOL
funny girl!

pamperedlinda said:
funny girl!

Oh - as if YOU'RE not gonna be right up there with us belting out "I write the songs..."

I will probably be looking for roomies as well!!
amy07 said:

I just found out that my director probably won't be going because her grandbaby is due around that time! And all my close PC buddies are in Wave 3...so sad!! I know I am going for sure...I will be driving to the airport 2 1/2 hours by myself then I will probably hook up with some PCers that I know in Utah...so hopefully I can room with them!! Guess I better find out!

For Leadership, I didn't room with my Director anyway!! I find that it is more fun to not room with people you know and see all of the time! What is the purpose of traveling and spending $$$ to hang out with the same people!!!:D :D

chefpayne said:
Leah, I'm not sure who my NED is but I'll find out. I'm really looking forward to meeting fellow cheffers from this site. The last time I went to Conference it was a great experience I fell in love with the company but I was kinda lonely. I did not know anyone besides my director and a couple of people from her cluster and my director went her own way. She wanted to catch up with her friends so I felt like a third wheel and tried to leave her alone. I really want to make my own friends.

So, who wants to be my friend? Boy, that sounds a little needed. I promise I'm not a wierdo. Ha, Ha.

I hear ya!! I felt exactly the same way last year (my first conference). I think this year it is only myself and my director who are going from our cluster. If we have room, will definetly post it for you.

chefpayne said:

I will be your friend...... I am going to be ordering a CS shirt from Ann's site.... Last year was my frist time at Conference and I had a blast.... I can't wait to go back this year...... You will be well taken care of!!!

fruit76loop said:
What is the purpose of traveling and spending $$$ to hang out with the same people!!!:D :D

I'm with ya on that one, Marlene! I go to conference to rub elbows with OTHER people, not the people I see every month at our meetings!

DebbieJ said:
Amy, I would suggest contacting your upline and getting rooms and making arrangements with her group.

i know this is going to sound extremely dumb, but how do I find out who it is. She (my recruiter) is from out of state, her recruiter quit and she has NO contact with her upline. Will HO give me the persons personal info, like a phone # or email?

amy07 said:
i know this is going to sound extremely dumb, but how do I find out who it is. She (my recruiter) is from out of state, her recruiter quit and she has NO contact with her upline. Will HO give me the persons personal info, like a phone # or email?
Your commission statement has your director and her director listed. HO should be able to give you that information and the info of your executive director (at least their name and email.

I went to leadership my first year and no one I knew went. I connected with my exec and NED and they found me roommates. It WILL work out!

BethCooks4U said:
Your commission statement has your director and her director listed. HO should be able to give you that information and the info of your executive director (at least their name and email.

I went to leadership my first year and no one I knew went. I connected with my exec and NED and they found me roommates. It WILL work out!

thanks Momma Beth!

I just talked to my director and I was mistaken, she is looking for rooms. That made me feel better. And she is starting to work with me more. I'm very happy about that.

I did decide that I am going to network this year. I guess I really should not have relied on my director the first time I went. I have just decided that I am a DOER. I am going to make friends and meet as many people as possible.
I am going to have a GOOD time.

Thank you to all who have replied to this thread.

I'm so excited to go to conference that I can hardly stand it. Plus, I get conference for 1/2 off.

Now, I need to figure out how to get there. We (meaning my upline) are thinking of taking the megabus.com from Pittsburgh to Chicago. I think we can get a fare under $50 for round trip taking the megabus.

Anybody counting down the days yet???

Alrighty if your in wave one.... and in Sandy's Kristof's downline... can you let me know...... other than Gina ..... I am just curious who else is on here!

Related to Tips for Affordable Room Sharing When Attending a Conference - Expert Advice

1. How can I find affordable room sharing options when attending a conference?

One option is to reach out to other consultants attending the conference through social media or online forums and see if anyone is interested in sharing a room. You can also contact the conference organizers and ask if they have a roommate matching program. Additionally, consider staying at a nearby hotel or Airbnb instead of the recommended conference hotel, as rates may be lower.

2. What if my director is not making plans for our room and only one other consultant is considering attending?

In this case, it would be best to take the initiative and reach out to other consultants or the conference organizers to find a roommate. You could also consider attending the conference alone and staying at a more affordable accommodation option.

3. I cannot afford to room solo. What can I do?

If you are unable to afford a room on your own, consider reaching out to other consultants or the conference organizers to find a roommate. You can also look into alternative accommodation options, such as staying at a nearby hotel or Airbnb, to lower the cost.

4. Is it safe to share a room with someone I don't know?

While it's always important to exercise caution when sharing a room with someone you don't know, there are steps you can take to ensure your safety. Make sure to communicate with your potential roommate beforehand and get to know them a bit. You can also ask for references or mutual connections to ease any concerns.

5. Do you have any other tips for affordable room sharing at conferences?

In addition to finding a roommate, consider splitting other expenses such as transportation and meals. You can also look into staying at a hostel or booking a room with multiple beds to further lower the cost. Lastly, don't be afraid to negotiate with the conference hotel for a lower rate or ask for any available discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • floccies
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
floccies
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef