• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throwing a Weight Watchers Party: Delicious Recipe Ideas and Creative Tips

In summary, the recipes that worked best for a WW party were the Smashed Potatoes and Asparagus. No ideas, but questions! Are you doing this at a WW meeting? Do you go to the meeting or did you just contact them? Info please. Thanks!
raisingirl
Throwing WW parties- any ideas on great recipes? Any creative ideas?

No ideas, but questions! Are you doing this at a WW meeting? Do you go to the meeting or did you just contact them? Info please. Thanks :)

I listen. Get your costumers talking about eating, don't be afraid to mention diets. I have a three ring binder with theme show ideas and bring up theme shows and let people know I do WW shows and put the points (food points)for the show on the invites.

I have seen a show like this with cake mix and a can of soda as a micro cake. I haven't ever made it, so I don't know how long you cook it or if you put the eggs/oil in it. I hear that a choc. cake mix with diet cherry coke is really good.

I have done a couple of WW shows, and each time it was at the host's request. The hosts and the guests at each show were on WW and wanted to do something that would be good for them.

Showcase the It's Good for You cookbook. There are a lot of good recipes in there and somewhere on this site is a list of the WW points for each recipe in our cookbooks. At each show, I made the Berries 'n Cream Wontons. They are really good and they are a good recipe for audience participation. I make one or two and then have each guest come up and make their own.

I used this attached to give to my host who is a big WW person.

Attachments

• CHEF SUCCESS - Weight Watchers 001.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 774
gilliandanielle said:
I have seen a show like this with cake mix and a can of soda as a micro cake. I haven't ever made it, so I don't know how long you cook it or if you put the eggs/oil in it. I hear that a choc. cake mix with diet cherry coke is really good.

Diet Coke/Sprite cakes are legendary on WW boards. Now I need to try one in my rice cooker! I never did before but boy I sure need to get back w/WW!

this cake is awesome. it is moist and tasts like a normal cake. i made one at a show and someone came late and did not know what it was. she said it was wonderful and asked what was in it!

1 can diet soda...(dr. pepper, cherry coke, etc)
1 box chocolate cake mix (you could try vanilla with a cherry or orange soda)

Mix
microwave in a greased rice cooker for 8-10 minutes.
let set a few minutes before you dump it. serve warm with fat free cool whip

3 points per slice!

So just to be clear...you DON'T put the eggs/oil/water in the mix??

Yes, just the soda and mix. This recipe is legendary on WW related message boards.

And yes, use sprite with yellow cake.

Two recipes I made with a WW crowd are out of the current SB. The Harvest Chicken Salad & the Chocolate Chip Cannoli Dip are both lo-fat & both yummy!

My cousin made one in the oven with a can of cherry pie filling, a yellow cake mix & a can of 7-up (I guess diet).

Spread the pie filling on a 9x13 baker, then shake the dry cake mix on top (don't do anything with it, just open the package & pour), then open your can of 7-up & pour that over top.

Triple Chocolate CakeThis cake is amazingly good. I drizzle sugar free caramel ice cream topping over it when it's warm. I use my fluted stoneware pan, but would be great in the mini fluted pan. I've wondered if it could be cooked in the microwave, but I've never tried it.

I got this recipe at a Weight Watchers meeting - YUM.

Attachments

• TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 478
What I did for a WW show recipes.........For only 12 points they got 3 things for dinner........

I made Smashed Potatoe Soup (was supposed to be ready before people got there, so they could be having a cup of soup during demo) but hostess bought WRONG ingredients and I was still making as people got there, grrr.

Then I made the New Phyllo wrapped Asparagaus and then hostess hadn't gotten the Roasted Red Peppers (grrr again) (if I remember right, they could have 2 - been awhile)

Then I made for dessert the Berries and Wonton Cups, where they could have 2 each.

Everyone was totally surprised on how much they could eat. But on that show I learned......I BUY THE INGREDIENTS, as 2 major things got messed up, she was to have things ready for me to throw in the pot for soup, and she didn't even have right ingredients or them prepped. And then didn't buy MAJOR part of 2nd recipe.

HTH,

Lisa

Thanks for all the recipes ladies! I am so glad I stumbled on this thread! I have a lady whose entire mortgage office is all going on WW together, so I feel armed with recipes for when I call and beg her to have a November office show!!

Gillian,

Here's an updated version of the WW points list for the cookbooks. You could have your host pick out a couple of recipes that are low points.

The other thing I do when I know guests are on WW is give them a copy of this list. That way, they don't have to compute all the points themselves and can even decide which book to buy based on the options in each. (Put your info on the list before you pass it out.)

View attachment 3974

View attachment 3975

Hope this helps!!

Ann

Last edited:
What a great list Ann, thanks for posting.

Thanks Ann! This will help out a lot!

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks for all the recipes ladies! I am so glad I stumbled on this thread! I have a lady whose entire mortgage office is all going on WW together, so I feel armed with recipes for when I call and beg her to have a November office show!!

I would stress how great the grill pan is and also they can spray their salads in the kitchen spritzer. With the covered baker, you rinse and sprinke spices and you are done! Easy, fast and better!

Last edited:
gilliandanielle said:

No oil or eggs, just the soda. But the choc. cake and diet cherry soda sound awesome! I'm on WW and am going to give it a try tomorrow! PMS is a commin and that will hit the spot with out breaking the points bank!!!
Thanks!
Schel

lisacb77 said:
Yes, just the soda and mix. This recipe is legendary on WW related message boards.

And yes, use sprite with yellow cake.

Do you have an address for the WW message boards?
Schel

Awesome post ladies! I recently joined WW again and have more leads at my meetings now!!! Yeah! This will really help out!

I am going to try the Carmel Apple Bread Pudding with the New WW Bagels,(more fiber) Splenda blend brown sugar(less sugar), 1/2 egg beaters / 1/2 eggs( less cholesterol and fat), fat free coffee mate (less fat), splenda carmel sauce(less suger),and see how it is. Then if it is still good, I am going to go to the WW E-tools and calculate the fat, calories, fiber, etc and points.
I will let you know how it goes.
Schel

Thanks guys- I am doing the Caprese mini sandwiches 3pts and the Phyllo Banana Wraps 5pts
8pt show
The Summer/Spring Season's Best has a lot of recipes under 5pts

schel said:
Do you have an address for the WW message boards?
Schel

Weightwatchers.com has them of course, but Dotti's Weight Loss Zone at www.dwlz.com is also popular.

crystalscookingnow said:
My cousin made one in the oven with a can of cherry pie filling, a yellow cake mix & a can of 7-up (I guess diet).

Spread the pie filling on a 9x13 baker, then shake the dry cake mix on top (don't do anything with it, just open the package & pour), then open your can of 7-up & pour that over top.

Did she cook this in the oven or the microwave?

At a show before I became a consultant, the consultant made a one-minute cake: take a box of cake mix and a package of jello pudding and mix it up, then take 1/2 cup of that mixture and add one egg, one tbsp of oil or applesauce and one tbsp of water; stir and microwave for one minute.

I've really enjoyed that recipe, and last night I took 1/2 cup of the cake/jello mixture and added a little sierra mist (we didn't have sprite) until it was moist and stirred it, then microwaved it and it came out so moist and delicious!

HTH!

Ready for a new recipe?At my WW meeting yesterday, our leader told us about this recipe that sounds absolutely disgusting. I just couldn't believe this would actually work. So...I tried it a few minutes ago and I have to say, the brownies are good!!! And, each one is only 2 points.

Ready?

OK, I call it Disgusting but Delicious Brownies

1 box brownie mix (family size) - regular mix, no fat free, sugar free, etc.
1 can BLACK beans

Preheat the oven to 350. Puree the black beans in a food processor, juice and all. Mix it with the dry brownie mix. Do not add the oil, eggs, water. Pour into greased rectangular baker. Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into 24 pieces.

Believe me, they really are good!!! Just don't eat too many, because beans, well, you know;) .

Diane

Cake with cherry pie filling, yellow cake mix and 7 UP
crystalscookingnow said:

What is the cooking time and what temperature? Thanks so much!

Just from my cousin's e-mail:
Ok the recipe is:
1 can any flavor pie filling
1 dry cake mix
1 can diet sprite or 7-up

Pie filling first, dry cake mix, pour on soda. Bake at 350 until brown on top.

crystalscookingnow said:
Just from my cousin's e-mail:
Ok the recipe is:
1 can any flavor pie filling
1 dry cake mix
1 can diet sprite or 7-up

Pie filling first, dry cake mix, pour on soda. Bake at 350 until brown on top.

I hate to be a P.I.T.A but any idea on how long approximately to expect it to be in the oven until it browns on top? Thanks.

Another Great PUMPKIN one....

1 box Spice Cake Mix
1 small Can (about 15 oz? just not the large one) Pumpkin

That's it! Bake as directed. Don't put anything else in it. Yummy - and the Pumpkin adds fiber, so it lowers the points. I just made this in the mini-fluted stoneware pan and sold 3 at one show!

Joanne

I am looking for "healthy" recipes... no crescents. I am thinking that pumpkin cake might be good. Does anyone else have anything that they recommend? The hostess said she wants healthy fare.THANKS! :)
Jaye

Jaye,
That pumpkin cake was a WW recipe. I just did a healthy tailgating show...
we made the Touchdown Taco Dip and used "Lite" everything, the Hot Pizza Dip (low fat), the Cannoli Dip (Season's Best) and the "Triple Berry Wonton Cups" - I think like 3 of them are a point. The host & guests were thrilled!
Joanne

Okay, Joanne, that meets my needs for a party where I intend to have Mom and pre-teen daughters on Sunday. We are going to make and decorate the
mini fluted cakes, like little pumpkins by putting two of them flat side to flat
side and working from there. Was the Pumpkin a pie filling with the spices,
or does all the flavor come from the cake mix. I had planned to use my
regular oven. Can you tell us how long you baked these, and what temperature? I have not checked to see if that piece will fit into my microwave. Did yours? Did you use any other ingredients?

I have made these about 6 times so far! My stone won't fit in the microwave, I have a small one.

It's just regular pumpkin (15oz can) and a box of Spice cake mix. Nothing else - that's it. All the spices come from the mix.

I bake them for 30-35 mins at 350 degrees.

They are so yummy & moist!

Have fun!
Joanne

PS. I've heard where you can make a large pumpkin like the mini ones you explain in the Large Fluted pan.

Joanne, thanks so much. Yes, I made the full sized Spice Cake with eggs and all the recipe called for on the box. Did two of them, and then glued them together with frosting, flat side to flat side. Used about two cans of frosting mix I tinkered with to get a bright orange. Learned that Wilton paste that can be purchased at Michael's is a good way to get your bright orange, with less effort. I used an empty toilet paper roll covered with Saran Wrap for the stem, and it looked great. I put on a couple of green leaves, and then the face - used candy corn for the teeth, and flat chocolate pieces that I cut in a triangle for the eyes and nose. I took it to a Church supper. It was so impressive that the folks at Church did not want to cut into it. So, they saved it for the Sunday coffee hour to decorate a Youth Group Baked sale. It was purchased there, and the Mom sent it to the Girl Scout meeting to celebrate her daughter's birthday. It really got appreciated in three venues before anyone cut it. I was thrilled. One of my hostess' sent the recipe by Pillsbury's to me, and I have since seen it on the cover of Women's Day, and the inside back cover of Cooks Country Fall issue.

Girls thank you for this thread. I'm thinking January is a great time to hype up WW b/c most people decide it as their New Years Resolution.

Off the top of your head, any ideas on what I can make in our cookware to demo?

The Harvest Chicken Salad is also very low on points... 2 per 1 cup of salad.

whiteyteresa said:
I used this attached to give to my host who is a big WW person.

Are these the new point system or the old one (WW always reinvents itself)?

jaye said:
I am looking for "healthy" recipes... no crescents. I am thinking that pumpkin cake might be good. Does anyone else have anything that they recommend? The hostess said she wants healthy fare.

THANKS! :)
Jaye

I use reduced-fat crescent dough all the time and it still tastes the same!

Apple-Berry Salsa is low point. :)

Does any one have the berries and cream wonton recipe? Can you post it please.

I often substitute light versions of ingredients (butter sticks, crescent rolls, cool whip, cream cheese) and no one notices!

gilliandanielle said:

the coke replaces the liquids. I use applesauce to replace the oil in my cakes.

ChefTracy said:
Does any one have the berries and cream wonton recipe? Can you post it please.

Is this the recipe you are looking for http://joycesfinecooking.com/PC%20Recipes/berries_cream_cups.htm ?

yes, that is the one. Thank you!
Where is Highland Park? I grew up in Red Bank, NJ but live in Florida now.

ChefTracy said:

Between exits 9 & 10 on the turnpike/about 20 minutes sounth of newark.

ChefTracy said:
I lived in Middletown, NJ (Exit 113 off the GSP) and now live in Western PA. I loved living there but needed to leave after 25 years.

Soda cake
gilliandanielle said:

This is a very popular recipe in WW circles. Points vary depending on the cake mix, but the average is 3 pts per serving.

The recipe is a box of cake mix and a can of diet soda (choc cake and diet cherry coke YUM; also white or yellow cake wit diet orange or sprite). Mix together and bake in a 9x13 pan. Cut into 12 pieces.

dianevill said:
At my WW meeting yesterday, our leader told us about this recipe that sounds absolutely disgusting. I just couldn't believe this would actually work. So...I tried it a few minutes ago and I have to say, the brownies are good!!! And, each one is only 2 points.

Ready?

OK, I call it Disgusting but Delicious Brownies

1 box brownie mix (family size) - regular mix, no fat free, sugar free, etc.
1 can BLACK beans

Preheat the oven to 350. Puree the black beans in a food processor, juice and all. Mix it with the dry brownie mix. Do not add the oil, eggs, water. Pour into greased rectangular baker. Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into 24 pieces.

Believe me, they really are good!!! Just don't eat too many, because beans, well, you know;) .

Diane

Our @ Work facilitator makes fudge similar to this, the recipe uses pinto beans and cocoa.

WW soda cakes
Sk8Mom209 said:
This is a very popular recipe in WW circles. Points vary depending on the cake mix, but the average is 3 pts per serving.

The recipe is a box of cake mix and a can of diet soda (choc cake and diet cherry coke YUM; also white or yellow cake wit diet orange or sprite). Mix together and bake in a 9x13 pan. Cut into 12 pieces.

I assume you would cook in in the oven or microwave according to the box instructions for temperature and time?

FYI, everyone. I'll update the lists of cookbooks and points once I get my changeover box with the new SBRC in it. :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • K_Jurich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
K_Jurich
  • STACY'S COOKING
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies