• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throw the Ultimate Sex in the City Party with These Fun Ideas!

In summary, the Sex in the City theme would be great for an upscale dinner party with appetizers of finger foods based off of the show and movie.
ChefMary412
So my aunt wants to show a Sex in the City theme, based off the show and movie. I am having trouble thinking about what to do for it!
This is all I have:

- drink in Quik Stir (not sure what)
- appetizer (not sure again)
- everyone can wear their best shoes
- play Queen of Shoppers

That is about it.. any help is appreciated!!

Well, you HAVE to serve cosmos of course. ;) If they don't drink I bet you could find a non-alcoholic recipe.

cosmos - that is the first thing that came to my mind as well.... great minds

duhh.. I should have known!

I think going with your idea of appetizers & cosmos is perfect - it says both party and cocktail time, both of which epitomize "Sex & the City" --
I suggest that your appetizers be "upscale" finger-foods to fit the theme.

The "Dine Out At Home" theme show appetizers (see Season's Best Fall/Winter2006) would be great ("Three Onion Goat Cheese Tart," "Grilled Apple & Gorgonzola Endive Boats" or "Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus w/Roasted Red Pepper Aioli") and also the Cucina Italiano appetizers (see SB Spring/Summer 2006) - "Caprese Mini Sandwiches"

If you are interested, I have a package of "Dine Out At Home" invitation postcards and a package of "Caprese Mini Sandwiches" Cucina Italiano recipe cards availble to sell, 50 cents each plus mailing. I'd have to dig a bit more to see if I have either the invites or recipe cards that go with each of those (since they are for different themes). I've also got the host coaching brochures for both that I could photocopy if you don't have & want.

If I think of any other ideas, I'll let you know! I'm not doing shows anymore, but theme shows were "my thing" when I was active!
Suzanne Johnson

http://www.celebrations.com/article/sex-and-city-movie-premiere-dinner

I am thinking I really like this idea~ maybe do a Thia chicken pasta or Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet. You can get the boxes from a Chinese restaurant or Michaels craft store.

Takeout Boxes: Serve a Chinese Chicken Salad the Carrie-way by mixing up a big bowl and dividing the salad in single-serving portions into individual takeout boxes. Add chopsticks for utensils.

Now I want to have one....

Jenni said:
http://www.celebrations.com/article/sex-and-city-movie-premiere-dinner

I am thinking I really like this idea~ maybe do a Thia chicken pasta or Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet. You can get the boxes from a Chinese restaurant or Michaels craft store.

Takeout Boxes: Serve a Chinese Chicken Salad the Carrie-way by mixing up a big bowl and dividing the salad in single-serving portions into individual takeout boxes. Add chopsticks for utensils.

Now I want to have one....

WOW! Thanks for posting that Celebrations site~!!! LOVE IT

Related to Throw the Ultimate Sex in the City Party with These Fun Ideas!

1. What is the "Sex and the City" theme?

The "Sex and the City" theme is a popular party theme inspired by the hit TV show and movie. It usually involves dressing up in glamorous outfits, sipping cocktails, and celebrating the bond of female friendship.

2. How can I incorporate the "Sex and the City" theme into my Pampered Chef party?

You can incorporate the "Sex and the City" theme into your Pampered Chef party by using stylish and chic kitchen gadgets, serving up fun and trendy appetizers, and adding a touch of glam to your table setting.

3. What are some food and drink ideas for a "Sex and the City" themed party?

Some food and drink ideas for a "Sex and the City" themed party include cosmopolitan cocktails, mini cupcakes, sushi rolls, bruschetta, and other chic and trendy finger foods.

4. Can I have a "Sex and the City" themed party for men?

Absolutely! While the "Sex and the City" theme is traditionally associated with women, there is no reason why men can't enjoy a fun and stylish party. Consider incorporating some masculine elements, like whiskey cocktails and sports-themed appetizers, to balance out the theme.

5. What are some decoration ideas for a "Sex and the City" themed party?

Some decoration ideas for a "Sex and the City" themed party include using a color scheme of pink, black, and gold, incorporating iconic quotes and images from the show, and adding touches of glamour with sequins, feathers, and candles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies