• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throw the Ultimate Football Party with Delicious Game Day Recipes

D
djqualls
Has anyone coordinated a Football themed party? I am doing a cooking show the weekend pre-season football starts and thought it would be a neat idea to demonstrate "football" food ideas. I need help thinking of recipes that will show products yet also provide an enticement to others for a show for other recipes to learn. Thoughts??

I did a super bowl theme party last year, & we made the Savory Sandwich Ring...& I forgot what else:rolleyes: Of course TOUCHDOWN Taco Dip is a perfect recipe too! Any type of finger foods.

I've never done it - but I think you can make a football shaped cake by using the batter bowl.

What you do for the football cake is bake a cake in the large batter bowl - chocolate works best. When it has cooled enought, turn it out onto the cooling rack. Slice it in half from top to bottom, not across. Then you lay the cut edge on the platter with the large 1/2 circles facing each other. If you do it wrong, it looks like a butterfly or bow tie. Then frost with a chocolate frosting. Use your EAD or a zip top bag with the corner snipped off to pipe on the laces.

I have not done one myself, but i would definitely do the Touchdown Taco Dip - that stuff is awesome!! My husband who refuses to eat refried beans even loves it. Of course the first time I made it I di dnot tell him bean dip was in it and he loved it. The seconds time he comment, you put beans in itTHIS TIME!!! I told him not to complain b/c he loved it the first time and this time it was not made any different. He just kept on eating!! :D

Do you have the Touch Down dip recipe handy? Or should I search for it off the PC website?

Thanks for the ideas and how to make the football cake. You guys are the best!!

Here it is. It took me a little bit to locate it b/c my book it is in is at my house.

The Pampered Chef ®
Touchdown Taco Dip
Recipe

1 can (9 ounces) bean dip
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 medium tomato, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Additional sour cream (optional)
Baked Tortilla Chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Using Small Mix 'N Scraper®, spread bean dip over bottom of Small Oval Baker. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well.

Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over bean dip. Grate cheddar cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Dice tomato and thinly slice green onions using Utility Knife. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus®. Finely chop cilantro using Pizza Cutter. Sprinkle tomato, onions, olives and cilantro over dip. Garnish with additional sour cream, if desired. Serve with Baked Tortilla Chips, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: (1/4 cup dip): Calories 140, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 330 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the taco seasoning mix, if desired.

This dip can be easily doubled and baked in the Oval Baker or Deep Dish Baker. Substitute 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans for the bean dip and double the remaining ingredients. Proceed as recipe directs.

Shopping List
1 can (9 ounces) bean dip
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1 garlic clove
1 1-ounce block cheddar cheese
1 medium tomato
2 green onions with tops
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives
1 small bunch fresh cilantro or parsley
Additional sour cream (optional)
Baked Tortilla Chips (optional)

Cook’s Tips: Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the taco seasoning mix.

This dip can be easily doubled and baked in the Oval Baker or Deep Dish Baker. Substitute 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans for the bean dip and double the remaining ingredients.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**When I double it, I just double the bean dip and do not use actual refried beans**

Last edited:
A pointer for when you make your football cake: Use the serrated bread knife to level off the end that was on the top of the bowl. Otherwise, you will have a butt crack in the middle of your football! Don't forget to use your new decorator bottles to pipe the laces on it! It turns out really cute! I did a tailgating party theme last year and it was a hit!

Thanks for taking the time to look it up and type it out for me!

I really appreciate it.

Another question - as I have mentioned before I am pretty green at this and trying to learn the ropes and feel somewhat on my own. Is there a way for me to earn some of the new season products? Or do I need to purchase them through the Sample Packages?

I am dying to try the new cake deco's!

1. What are some popular football-themed party recipes?

Some popular football-themed party recipes include buffalo chicken dip, nachos, sliders, chili, and wings.

2. How can I make my football-themed party more interesting?

One way to make your football-themed party more interesting is to incorporate a game or competition, such as a football trivia game or a DIY snack bar where guests can create their own football-themed treats.

3. Can you suggest some easy and delicious football party recipes?

Some easy and delicious football party recipes include bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers, pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ meatballs, and loaded potato skins.

4. Do you have any recommendations for incorporating products into football party recipes?

A great way to incorporate products into football party recipes is to use them as toppings or add-ins, such as using a specific brand of BBQ sauce for pulled pork sandwiches or using a certain type of chips for nachos.

5. How can I make my football-themed party appeal to guests who may not be interested in football?

To make your football-themed party appealing to guests who may not be interested in football, offer a variety of foods and activities, such as a DIY snack bar, a photo booth with football-themed props, or a movie screening in a separate room. You can also incorporate non-football elements, such as a theme or decorations, to make the party more inclusive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ltkacz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefmary
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies