• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This May Be a Strange Question...

In summary, some consultants have had customers complain about the size of the bamboo serving set and even return it, but others have had success selling and using it for dips, spreads, and other small items. The catalog clearly states the uses for smaller utensils, but some customers may have been surprised by the size. Overall, most consultants and customers love the set and find it cute and useful. There is a question about the dishwasher safety of the ladle due to the glue used to attach it to the handle.
ahammons
but has anyone had a host complain about the bamboo serving set? I just closed a show on Monday, her order was there on Friday, but she's a little upset with the free bamboo serving set she received. She works with my MIL, and apparently she said she's surprised that it's so small and will never use it - then she gave it to my MIL to give to me! I mean, what does she expect me to do? My MIL said that several people in her office were thinking about ordering it at another co-worker's upcoming show, but said they won't now that they know the size of the set. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or are these people just strange? lol :rolleyes:

I haven't had a problem with it, but may be you could just give her some ideas that she could use them with. They are for serving smaller items, so may be she just doesn't know what to use them for. She could also give them as a gift if she doesn't want to keep them herself.

I was shocked at the size! I will use it for dips and spreeds but I just envisioned it much bigger. Probably 4x the size.

I think it's teensie and cute.

I hadn't seen them yet so it's good to know that they are small! I guess I had thought that they were a bigger size.

I thought they were bigger too. I saw them at a craft fair (another PC person's booth) and was surprised at the size. I thought I was the only one because they all said they knew it was small by the picture. BUT I think they look bigger in the picture.

I guess I've always described them as a "small serving set." I think they're great and have lots of uses.

So this lady is trying to return the "free" set she received? Give me a break, it is free - is she expecting something else in return?

I showed them at my show on Tuesday, and the guests were surprised at the size - they all thought it would be bigger. I don't know why, because the pic in the catalog shows them near the small bamboo spoons and the short edge of the rectangular platter, so there are things near them for scale. I have a feeling it's because of the word serving in the name without the word small. But the description clearly states uses that are better with smaller utensils.

I had people think they were going to be bigger...myself included, but my host was THRILLED to earn her set for free! She is going to use them for dips and spreads and things! Also, I have been making the 10 min pork loin roast this month and using the little ladle from the set for the bbq sauce. I have sold 2 or 3 sets of them!

I can't believe your host returned her FREE GIFT!! I hope she doesn't expect anything in return!

pamperedtraci said:
I had people think they were going to be bigger...myself included, but my host was THRILLED to earn her set for free! She is going to use them for dips and spreads and things! Also, I have been making the 10 min pork loin roast this month and using the little ladle from the set for the bbq sauce. I have sold 2 or 3 sets of them!

I can't believe your host returned her FREE GIFT!! I hope she doesn't expect anything in return!

I haven't used the little fork yet - but I have used the ladle for bbq sauce, and salad dressing, and I have used the knife for the brie recipe. I haven't had anyone comment on the size, except to ask for ideas for using them. I can't imagine complaining about, and giving back, something that I got for free!:rolleyes:

The little fork will spear olives and pickles etc... I LOVE this set... hmmm I'm glad I have it to show so that noone is surprised about the size.

I loved them! I think they are so cute! You can use them for dips, Salsa, Condiments, etc...

I think they are the perfect size - the catalog say 7"

I think the small bamboo cutting board needed something to go with it and this is just so right

I LOVE THEM

I got an extra set for my home - Lucy loves using the small knife to put peanut butter on her toast and then she cuts the crust off.

But I do have a question about them - the catalog says that the fork & spreader is dishwasher safe - why not the ladle?

~

The ladle is attached to the handle with glue so it melt the glue in the dishwasher.

How big would someone expect the knife to be??????:rolleyes:

Yeah, I was also surprised at the size, but not diasppointed. (Did I just say that?:blushing: )

Does size really matter? Its not whatcha got, its how ya use it.:D

I love these! I've taken them to several shows and the guests love them too! I use the knife for dips or spreads and the little ladle for m&m's (in the small tiles bowl), I haven't yet used the fork but we've discused uses for it at my shows. I tell everyone that the ladle is the perfect size for sauces and other toppings. I haven't had anyone complain. Just remember, if you have a negative attitude about an item, the guests will too. I always try and think of a unique way to use something. Hope that is helpful!

I love this set and it's exactly the size I expected. I do carry it to shows and no one has said anything negative about it. ...hmmmmm

Chef Endora said:
Does size really matter? Its not whatcha got, its how ya use it.:D

Apparently to this host, size does matter! Sheesh, it was FREE! If she sent it back to you, simply tell her thank you! I have sold a ton of these - they are perfect for entertaining, but certainly not the size to serve up a big pot of something...
You could poop a gold brick and it wouldn't be good enough for some folks!:eek:

ljeffries said:
...........You could poop a gold brick and it wouldn't be good enough for some folks!:eek:
hahahahaha! I think I've met a few of them!

Thanks everyone! Maybe I will make a list of ways to use the serving set to give to her! :) I don't think she actually wants to return it and get something else in return, I just don't think she knows what to use it for.

What is "This May Be a Strange Question..."?

"This May Be a Strange Question..." is a collection of unique and creative recipes using Pampered Chef products. It is a way to think outside the box and discover new and delicious ways to use your kitchen tools.

Who can benefit from "This May Be a Strange Question..."?

Anyone who loves to cook and experiment with different flavors and ingredients can benefit from "This May Be a Strange Question...". It is also great for those who want to get the most out of their Pampered Chef products and try new recipes.

Are the recipes in "This May Be a Strange Question..." difficult to make?

Not at all! Each recipe in "This May Be a Strange Question..." is carefully crafted to be easy to follow and use common ingredients. They are perfect for both experienced cooks and beginners.

Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to make these recipes?

While "This May Be a Strange Question..." is designed to showcase the versatility of Pampered Chef products, you can still make these recipes without them. However, using Pampered Chef tools will enhance the cooking experience and make it easier to achieve the desired results.

How can I get a copy of "This May Be a Strange Question..."?

You can purchase "This May Be a Strange Question..." from your local Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. It is also available for download as an e-cookbook.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies