• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Just in and Might Be a Pain

In summary, the Pampered Chef public Web site and Consultant’s Corner will be down from Saturday, Aug. 11 at 6:00 a.m. to Sunday, Aug. 12 at 12:00 noon CT. The following key components will not be available and you should plan accordingly: submission of Consultant Agreements, PamperedPartner and PamperedPartnerPlus, personal Web Sites for host and guest general access, but customers will receive a maintenance page if they try to submit individual orders, Consultant Agreements or wedding registry purchases.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Dear Consultant,

In order to perform scheduled maintenance, The Pampered Chef public Web site and Consultant’s Corner will be down from Saturday, Aug. 11 at 6:00 a.m. to Sunday, Aug. 12 at 12:00 noon CT. The following key components will not be available and you should plan accordingly:

• Submission of Consultant Agreements
• PamperedPartner and PamperedPartnerPlus

Personal Web Sites will be available for host and guest general access, but customers will receive a maintenance page if they try to submit individual orders, Consultant Agreements or wedding registry purchases.

Thank you for your patience while we perform necessary maintenance.

The Pampered Chef

The Pampered Chef, PamperedPartner and PamperedPartner Plus are registered trademarks.

That's a pretty long time to be down. I first I was thinking 6am to 12 pm of the same day and that would not be too bad and on a Sunday I would be in church. But over a whole day is too much in my opinion. I am glad I do not have anything that need submitting or done this weekend!

I think it might be a pain if you have a customer who is wanting to place an order on your website.

I'm doing a show on Saturday night so it looks like I wont be entering any orders until Sunday night. Since Pampered Partner will be down, does that mean I can't enter in any orders or does that mean I just can't submit any shows?

Yes I think it will be a pain for wedding registries as well - people may decide to buy from someplace else - especially if they need it quickly.

Christ Follower said:
I'm doing a show on Saturday night so it looks like I wont be entering any orders until Sunday night. Since Pampered Partner will be down, does that mean I can't enter in any orders or does that mean I just can't submit any shows?

You can enter on your end, you just can't submit, go to CC to look up host #s or zip codes or things like that.

I would think we can't do much of anything. Except come here of course:D :thumbup:

That is a long upgrade that you think they'd start at midnight Friday - Sunday a.m. to help gain a few hours on Sunday at least...or midnight Saturday - Monday a.m. and leave Saturday for shopping...

???? ...oh well, we have no clue the factors in their decision...

I am surprised at how little warning we got for scheduled maintenance.

I won't be near my computer, so it won't bother me.

jrstephens said:
That's a pretty long time to be down. I first I was thinking 6am to 12 pm of the same day and that would not be too bad and on a Sunday I would be in church. But over a whole day is too much in my opinion. I am glad I do not have anything that need submitting or done this weekend!
There is no 12:00 AM or PM.

There is 11:59 AM and 12:01 PM, and there is an 11:59 PM and 12:01 AM.

There is a 12:00 Noon and a 12:00 Midnight but there is no 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM because it is too difficult to define which would be which.

Well they have to do it sometime so I guess there's really no good time! Thankfully they're not doing it the last weekend of the month!!!

It's not the end of the world... I'm sure no one's business is going to collapse from the website being down. HO rarely does things to inconvenience its consultants and surely whatever it is they are doing will make our lives better. Let's keep some perspective.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

There is a 12:00 Noon and a 12:00 Midnight but there is no 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM because it is too difficult to define which would be which.

Really? I always thought 12:00 p.m. was noon and 12:00 a.m. was midnight?

janetupnorth said:

So did I....I have never heard before that there wasn't a 12:00 pm or 12:00 am!

janetupnorth said:

You gotta love him....:love:

janetupnorth said:

That is the common usage, but KG is right. That is one of my biggest pet peeves... especially when I see it used in patient charting at the hospital! Ugh!

Well, wikipedia (yeah, not the MOST reliable source) has an interesting write-up on it. I learned the "12-hour clock" convention...seems there is confusion over the matter.

Oh well, say noon or midnight and it'll all be good...just remember what time zone you're in...after all, it's five o'clock somewhere... (we need a musical note smiley).

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I knew this.

There is, however, a 12:00:00.000001 am and pm. :)

katie0128 said:
That is the common usage, but KG is right. That is one of my biggest pet peeves... especially when I see it used in patient charting at the hospital! Ugh!

Really?? We use 24 hours by us, never am or pm.

janetupnorth said:
Really?? We use 24 hours by us, never am or pm.

That is what SHOULD be used... thus, why it is such a big pet peeve!!! Usually done by non-patient care people (nutrition, spiritual care, etc.). And amazingly, when I did birth certificates we had to clarify am or pm - we couldn't use military time! Always seemed really odd to me... I'm just glad I never had a 1200 or 0000 birth - I have no idea what the software would have done with that!

OK, back to the original post...(thanks KG for the hijack!)

I have a registry for my niece going and am also giving her a shower. I was planning on having the invites out so that people received them on Saturday, but now I think I will wait so they get them on Monday. I would hate for someone to try to order on Saturday and not be able to do it and then go shopping at the other two places she is registered at on Sunday!

janetupnorth said:

Me too.........

1. What is "This Just In and Might Be a Pain" and how does it work?

"This Just In and Might Be a Pain" is a new line of kitchen tools from Pampered Chef that are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier. These tools are specifically designed to tackle common kitchen tasks that can be time-consuming or difficult, such as chopping vegetables or opening jars. They are made with high-quality materials and innovative designs to help streamline your cooking process.

2. How is "This Just In and Might Be a Pain" different from other Pampered Chef products?

While all Pampered Chef products are designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable, "This Just In and Might Be a Pain" specifically focuses on tackling tasks that many people find challenging. It also features new and unique designs that you won't find in our other product lines.

3. Can I purchase "This Just In and Might Be a Pain" products individually or only as a set?

You can purchase "This Just In and Might Be a Pain" products individually or as a set. We offer a variety of options to fit your specific needs and budget. You can also mix and match products from this line with other Pampered Chef products for a versatile and efficient kitchen setup.

4. Are "This Just In and Might Be a Pain" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our "This Just In and Might Be a Pain" products are dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to extend the lifespan of the products.

5. Can I return "This Just In and Might Be a Pain" products if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products, including "This Just In and Might Be a Pain." If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. We value our customers' feedback and want you to be happy with your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • lkprescott
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • janetupnorth