• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Things to Say When Out and About

In summary, people have found success by wearing their logo wear, striking up conversations about anything, and carrying their catalog tote.
chefshakeerah
In response to the Go For No, we learned at Conference, I have been telling people everywhere about the Pampered Chef. But I find it very hard to just walk up to some and start a conversation about P.C.

Can anyone share some words that have worked for them?

I generally tend to be a walking billboard, so people often mention PC to me first. However, try striking up a conversation about just about anything. See where the conversation leads. I find that asking someone what they do for a living often prompts them to ask me the same thing.

Are you carrying the catalog tote? I do too but that has never generated any response for me!

I always wear PC (LOVE my yoga set since i'm 8 months preggy!), have it on my car and carry my cat tote, and honestly it wasn't until my son started school a few weeks ago it started paying off for me! I carry it even though I could just leave it in the car, just because at least 2 days a week someone asks me for a catalog or something! I have booked 2 shows (kind of, waiting on confirmed dates) and got some people to my Grand Opening because of it. Most times I hate carrying a purse when I dont have to, but I will ALWAYS carry it when picking my son up from Kinder now!

I'm always hesitant to strike up conversations with strangers too, but at school it's easier for some reason, maybe that common interest with our kids in the same class, I dunno. I'd like to hear what others do too!

I just started two weeks ago and carried my catalog tote to the hairdressers. One person stopped me and said "I didn't know you sold PC. I held a party last year and had so much fun. Do you have a new catalog?" By the time I left the hairdressers, she was ready to book another show with me!

I wasn't at Conference, but ever since my Director Express training I have been working on this too. It is hard breaking out of my comfort zone, but I usually find a way to bring TPC into a conversation...maybe too much, lol. (My dad just told me the other day that I would have made a great used car salesman, haha!) I am so excited that I just used some of my first PC dollars to buy myself the catalog tote! I am hoping it will help me stir up some TPC talk everywhere I go.

These are great ideas...I need to do my paperwork this week - but still lack 3 shows. UGGHHH!!!!

I also get very nervous just bringing up the PC so I use Logo Wear and the best "logo wear" experiance for me is wearing my cooking show apron! It's not everyday you see someong wearing an apron so everyone tends to look at me, and if I smile and greet them most often THEY bring up PC. I would get leads pretty much every time I went out when I was doing this, I had just started my buisness so it was the only logo wear I had so I used it! Than I got my catalog tote and I've not gotten any leads from using that so I'm going to be switching back to wearing my apron ^-^ Unfortunetly I found out I was pregnant right after I'd gotten those leads and I tend to get really whiped out during the first 4 months so all my leads went dead :( So be sure to follow up on those leads within 24-48 hours or you'll lose them!

Related to Things to Say When Out and About

1. What is "Things to Say When Out and About"?

"Things to Say When Out and About" is a collection of phrases and conversation starters designed to help you feel confident and comfortable in any social situation. It includes tips on how to make small talk, engage in meaningful conversations, and leave a positive impression on others.

2. Can this be used for both personal and professional interactions?

Yes, absolutely! "Things to Say When Out and About" is a versatile tool that can be used in any social setting, whether it's a casual gathering with friends or a professional networking event. The tips and phrases can be adapted to suit your specific needs and goals.

3. Is this only for introverted individuals?

No, this is for anyone who wants to improve their communication skills and feel more at ease in social situations. Whether you're an introvert or an extrovert, "Things to Say When Out and About" can help you navigate conversations and build relationships with others.

4. Are there specific phrases for certain situations?

Yes, there are specific phrases for various situations such as meeting new people, networking, or attending events. However, the overall goal is to help you develop your own unique style of communication and feel comfortable improvising in any situation.

5. Can I use this to overcome social anxiety?

While "Things to Say When Out and About" is not a substitute for professional therapy or treatment for social anxiety, it can certainly help you feel more confident and prepared in social situations. The more you practice and use these tips and phrases, the more natural and comfortable you will become in socializing with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gayle
  • Teresa Goodwin