• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #2,801
When it gets to the point that Sonja is too valuable to drive, I'll sell her or put her in a museum. Driving her, or on display, means people can see her and enjoy her. In a trailer, she does no one any good.

• #2,802
Prezactly! (a combination of precisely and exactly)

Nothin' yet on the association website, but there wasn't any interest expressed on the Lincoln forum yet, either. Which doesn't surprise me. We have more traffic here in an hour than they have all day (I bet).

And keep your smart-a$s comments to yourself!

• #2,803
Traffic...hehehehe...cars...traffic...hehehehe.

• #2,804
*snort* I didn't even think of that. I was expecting you to make a smart comment about PSes, etc. (Since I have more posts than the top poster on that forum...)

• #2,805
You're one of the only Normal ones here.A good gag is worth trying to get more mileage out of!

• #2,806
If we keep this up, someone'll put the brakes on our jokes. Or we'll run out of gas.

• #2,807
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
When it gets to the point that Sonja is too valuable to drive, I'll sell her or put her in a museum.

Driving her, or on display, means people can see her and enjoy her. In a trailer, she does no one any good.

The Purple Car has risen in value dramatically in the last couple of years (original 440 6-pac Challengers are very rare). We have people all the time marvel that we drive it (but it's not a daily driver) and enjoy it........ DH feels the same way you do. He loves the car, loves to drive it and show it......if she were a Trailer Queen that no one could get close to or touch, all the fun would be gone - and who wants a hobby that is no fun?:rolleyes:

• #2,808
chefann said:
*snort* I didn't even think of that. I was expecting you to make a smart comment about PSes, etc. (Since I have more posts than the top poster on that forum...)

I do say Ann, you've pulled in front of the pack and I'm sure you'll stay there for awhile. (Up 1500 is quite a bit!)
:D

• #2,809
Your car is purple? My daily driver is purple! Technically, cranberry. But it's more purple than red. :)

• #2,810
janetupnorth said:
I do say Ann, you've pulled in front of the pack and I'm sure you'll stay there for awhile. (Up 1500 is quite a bit!)
:D
I've been trying to sit on my hands, but work is so boooooooring......

• #2,811
chefann said:
If we keep this up, someone'll put the brakes on our jokes. Or we'll run out of gas.
It's Auto-matic.

• #2,812
Wheel just have to think of some more.At least until people tire of us.

• #2,813
chefann said:
Your car is purple? My daily driver is purple! Technically, cranberry. But it's more purple than red. :)

It's PLUM CRAZY purple.....which was actually a stock color for Dodge Muscle Cars in the late '60's-early 70's. They were called high impact colors, and had names like Panther Pink, Sassy Grass Green, Plum Crazy Purple, Vitamin C Orange......

My daily driver is an Orange Saturn Vue.....which DS and I just washed and polished, and vacuumed....it's looking pretty now!

• #2,814
chefann said:
Wheel just have to think of some more.

At least until people tire of us.
Don't you fear to tread on dangerous ground?

• #2,815
Y'all better be careful. You just might start to torque some people off.

• #2,816
They drove us to it!

• #2,817
Nothing to add, just wanted to horn in.

• #2,818
We're all roads scholars!

• #2,819
Apparently, you are all re-tired.

• #2,820
I'm all revved up for today. I'm gonna get my rear in gear and do some things around the house.

• #2,821
Sounds like you're jacked up for a hub of activity.Don't let this place have a bearing on your activity, though.

• #2,822
I'll try not to get detoured from my original plan.

• #2,823
Well, if you get tired, take a map.

• #2,824
In reading the last page or so of this thread all I can think of is...

Wakka.. wakka.... wakka....

Ok so I'm channeling Fozzie bear today.....

:eek:

• #2,825
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Sounds like you're jacked up for a hub of activity.

Don't let this place have a bearing on your activity, though.
Related to that.... our internet connection was down most of the day today. GACK! And how pathetic am I that I was jonesing about not being able to log on here and Etsy.

It looks like our router got fried. We've had it 7 years, and it runs a LOT.

• #2,826
Too bad I live so far away - I've got one that is practically new, it even has a plunge base. You'd be welcome to use it in the mean time.

http://www.deltaportercable.com//ProductImages/PC_Graphics/PHOTOS/PORTER-CABLE/TOOLS/LARGE/9/9690LR_1.jpg

• #2,827
Gee thanks. :rolleyes:Since our computer networking hardware obviously succumbed to the "magic smoke", we are temporarily connected through our Macs and Airport network. That means we can surf the net, but we have no phone (we have VoIP).

• #2,828
Ain't technology grand?

• #2,829
Usually, yes. It was so funny las night before Dan realized what the problem was and that we could still surf the net through a workaround. I had been working on jewelry all day, including taking pics so I could list the items for sale, and he had been out at a car cruise. So of course, we both just wanted to sit on the couch and nerd it up for a while (we make quite the picture - one on each end of the couch with almost-matching MacBooks). He commented that "how pathetic is it that the only other way we can think to entertain ourselves is boring old TV?"

• #2,830
What's even worse is the two of you sitting at opposite ends of the sofa, IM'ing each other.

• #2,831
O.k. - now that is really sad!

• #2,832
Ann! I found you a cordless, battery-operated router! It even has a self locking spindle and self releasing collet!http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PR7DFETTL._AA280_.jpgI know you and Dan are just thrilled to know I'm looking out for you.

• #2,833
A cordless router is a good idea.And Dan and I hardly ever IM each other. :)

• #2,834
chefann said:
A cordless router is a good idea.

And Dan and I hardly ever IM each other. :)

The two most important words in this sentance.

• #2,835
Still sending e-mails?That's a good idea - IM software is a real memory hog.

• #2,836
We use iChat when we do IM. :) And we both have video chat.

• #2,837
(Message censored and removed)

Last edited:
  • #2,838
No, please - enlighten us. :)

• #2,839
Enlighten?You'd find it shocking.I got a charge out of that, and I promise, no more electric jokes now.

• #2,840
The Kat Lady says, one more electric joke...She points out that it is our anniversary (seven years and we haven't killed each other yet!) and she's hoping I didn't use up all my energy so there's some spark left.

• #2,841
ooh- wink wink nudge nudge...Congrats! Go take her out for dinner and dancing.

• #2,842
Hey, I already took her to Leon's Frozen Custard for a turtle sundae, what more can a guy do?

• #2,843
I believe the saying goes a little something like:
Wine her, dine her,.... (this part deleted because it's a family website)But Turtle Sundae is a good start.

• #2,844
chefann said:
Wine her, dine her,.... (this part deleted because it's a family website)

But Turtle Sundae is a good start.

You are my IDOL, girl.....;)

• #2,845
chefann said:
Wine her, dine her,.... (this part deleted because it's a family website)

But Turtle Sundae is a good start.
OHHH, I haven't heard that in a while, LMAO!

• #2,846
Candy, is dandy.
But liquor, is quicker.
--Ogden Nash

• #2,847
Camus can do
But Sartre is smartre.
-- Jay Sherman (The Critic), in Springfield to judge the Springfield Film Festival

• #2,848
Oh, no. nuh-uh. We cannot have this thread falling by the wayside. No sirree, Bob!

Wait. Who's Bob again? It is the same Bob as Bob's your uncle?

• #2,849
No, my Uncle Bob spells his name in the reverse to Yesiree Bob.

• #2,850
Your Uncle Bob is the one that has no arms or legs and loves to swim, right? We had a LONG drive to conference so one thing we did was review these names!!!

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor