• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #2,751
Yo mama so old that when she was in school there was no history class

• #2,752
yo mamas so ugly she put the Boogie man outta business

• #2,753
Yo mamma is soooooooo dumb, she thinks Taco Bell is the Mexican phone company.

• #2,754
Yo momma so ugly even Rice Krispies won't talk to her!

• #2,755
Yo momma so fat she eats Wheat Thicks.

• #2,756
I'm outta here...off to Iowa again.

• #2,757
Yo momma so old, her social security number is 1

• #2,758
Yo mama so old she has a picture of Moses in her yearbook

• #2,759
Yo mama so old her birth certificate says expired on it.

• #2,760
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Have a safe trip...just realized you changed your location again. That cracks me up! Except the engineer in me had to measure where I am... That would be 24" behind both of my monitors...so I guess it doesn't matter which one I use.

• #2,761
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Ooh.. I am so sorry...

Hubby from Iowa...

• #2,762
A good place to be from.FAR from.(Just kidding - I actually like Iowa.)Hey, is it just me or did the Trading Post forum close down?

• #2,763
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
A good place to be from.

FAR from.

(Just kidding - I actually like Iowa.)

Hey, is it just me or did the Trading Post forum close down?

Trading Post Forum????

• #2,765
Nope. It's still there. You lookin' for something, KG?

• #2,766
No, I was just referring to all the stuff for sale that suddenly started showing up in this forum. Maybe we should also think about asking Greg to create a prayer request forum.

• #2,767
Oh, no. I'm not letting this pickle slide to page 2. :p

• #2,768
<giggle>

I have an update on Potty booking #1!

Potty called me to change her order. Subtracting items. So her daughter's show (booking #1) is now at something like $30, and it's likely that half of that will drop off because the one other order was an outside order, and Potty can't get a hold of that person.

AND- Potty had already gotten a money order before she figured out that she can't afford a $40 order, but they wouldn't take it back at the store. So she's mailing it to me and I'm supposed to mail her change back to her. :rolleyes: She's never mentioned the $30 that she still owes me for her order on Booking #2 (the 12-year-old host).

• #2,769
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, I was just referring to all the stuff for sale that suddenly started showing up in this forum. Maybe we should also think about asking Greg to create a prayer request forum.

Greg... oh, Greg... Please!!!

• #2,770
chefann said:
<giggle>

Potty called me to change her order. Subtracting items. So her daughter's show (booking #1) is now at something like $30, and it's likely that half of that will drop off because the one other order was an outside order, and Potty can't get a hold of that person.

AND- Potty had already gotten a money order before she figured out that she can't afford a $40 order, but they wouldn't take it back at the store. So she's mailing it to me and I'm supposed to mail her change back to her. :rolleyes: She's never mentioned the $30 that she still owes me for her order on Booking #2 (the 12-year-old host).

... and the saga continues!

• #2,771
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Actually awhile back I saw someone say they did...maybe it is due again to be asked... :rolleyes:

• #2,772
chefann said:
<giggle>

You need one large septic tank to house all the crap that is coming out of the potty...

• #2,773
The best part? Of the $30 that Booking #1 is at now, $10 is the Salad Chopper host special! So I won't even get paid on it! Luckily, Potty didn't want the booking bonus on booking #2, so there won't be a problem when I combine the shows.

What a total cluster-bleep (as DH would say). (And, yes, that's what he calls cluster meetings, too. Nice supportive guy I've got, huh?)

• #2,774
chefann said:
<giggle>

Okay, I tried to find the orginal story on the Potty Party. . .but I can't find it. You've got my attention -- where can I read about this saga?

• #2,775
The original story is in the Thread Killers Thread. June 18.

Be prepared to be grossed out.

• #2,776
chefann said:
The original story is in the Thread Killers Thread. June 18.

Be prepared to be grossed out.

Yeah, make sure you are not eating or drinking anything when you read it.

• #2,777
Okay, Cheffers, who can indentify the location of this photo?
IM004520.jpg

• #2,778
hmmm.... looks familiar. I know! It looks like every freakin' high school football field in America.

• #2,779
chefann said:
hmmm.... looks familiar. I know! It looks like every freakin' high school football field in America.

I agree, but I have a feeling it is some sort of trick question... Go ahead, KG, enlighten us!

• #2,780
High school? Ann, I'm disappointed in you. Here's another hint:
IM004511.jpg

• #2,781
OMG! I didn't expect that! OK- so the back of the fitness center does look like a high school. And maybe if they added some logos on the field...

That's Cornell College, my alma mater.

(I recognized the second pic. :) All together now, "Traaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnn!")

I'm trying to orient myself now to identify the little bit of roof behind the trees on the right. I think that's Olin Hall - men's (and I use that term loosely) residence, favored by the jocks.

Thanks for posting that!

• #2,782
Correct that - I think the roof is Bowman Hall, second or third oldest building on campus, women's residence, supposedly haunted by a ghost who sits in the tree in front of the front door.

Bowman's further up the hill than Olin, and would be more visible above the trees. Not to mention that Olin would also be far enough west of Bowman (toward the camera) that it wouldn't show in this pic.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time at the football field. Or in the fitness building, either. :rolleyes:

• #2,783
I'm skipping the all-too-obvious smartass reply to that post so I can bring you this one:Thousands have, from far and near,
Heard our chimes so sweetly ring;
Countless voices here will sing
Praises of our college dear.
Cornell, greater be thy name
Than e'er in the days of yore;
Cornell, brighter be thy fame
In the years that lie before.Here we stand a loyal band,
Firm for all that's good and right.
By the Purple and the White,
May thy students ever stand.
Than e'er in the days of yore
In the years that lie before.When from thee we're far away,
Tears of mem'ry dim our eyes
As loved scenes before them rise,
Then we'll sing and then we'll say:
Than e'er in the days of yore;
In the years that lie before. (You can hear it sung HERE.) Did you know there is a fight song, too?Cornell Fightsby Claude E. Rose (Class of '33)CORNELL fight for victory
CORNELL fight for fame
Ever show our loyalty
Ever praise her nameLoyal ones of old Cornell
Fight for the
Purple and White
Keep her colors waving high
and FIGHT - FIGHT - FIGHT!

• #2,784
chefann said:
Most high schools have bigger bleachers. You are (obviously) not the only member of the 1200 student body that didn't/doesn't spend much time at the football field.

Cornell College reminds me of the Fred McMurray version of The Absent Minded Professor.

• #2,785
chefann said:
OMG! I didn't expect that! OK- so the back of the fitness center does look like a high school. And maybe if they added some logos on the field...

That's Cornell College, my alma mater.

(I recognized the second pic. :) All together now, "Traaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnn!")

I'm trying to orient myself now to identify the little bit of roof behind the trees on the right. I think that's Olin Hall - men's (and I use that term loosely) residence, favored by the jocks.

Thanks for posting that!

I was there yesterday afternoon, taking photos of the bridge for the bridge hunter website and thought of you when I saw the football field - the red of the track really lit up in the late afternoon sun.

• #2,786
There was another song, too, that I rediscovered in the stacks in the Library and arranged for band. It was wonderfully cheesy.

Let's see if I can remember any of it.

C-C-C-O-R
N-E-double L
Cornell, Cornell, Cornell, Rah!

Cornell, we truly love you,
There's none above you, Old Cornell.
You are the college royal
And we are loyal, Old Cornell.
We will be ever near you,
Defend and cheer you, Old Cornell.
Here's to your name,
Here's to your fame,
Old Cornell!

now that I think through it, I think the verses you posted as the first song are the verses to this one, and what I posted is the refrain. Yes, it calls for the singer to spell the name of the school. I told you it was cheesy.

Is Pizza Phallus, um... Palace, still there? And the highway marker? The one I specifically recall was near the water tower, closer to "downtown" than the campus.

I really need to take a trip back out there. It's only been 14 years since I matriculated. (There's an SAT word for you. :) )

Last edited:
  • #2,787
Oh, yuk! I took a look on their website, and don't like the look of the new theater addition on the fine arts building. Bleah! Has noone heard of blending architecture?!?

Also can't believe that they made Pauley and Rorem halls single-gender again. That's were I lived for 3 years. Our unofficial slogan was "Pauley-Rorem: where the men sleep in the middle." (Floors 2 and 4 were women, floor 3 was men)

• #2,788
I dunno if Pizza Phal...Palace is there but I guess it is since there's a billboard for it out on Highway 30 with the original slogan, "You've tried the rest, now try the best." I like the fact there's a Green Bay Packer bar on the Lincoln Highway downtown. Speaking of the Lincoln Highway, yes, the marker is still there near the water tower. (There's also one in Lisbon.) There are only a few of them left, Iowa has several still in place. One, in Clarence, is in it's own little phone booth. There were 2,731 of those markers and they were all placed on a Saturday in September of 1928. They were all placed by Boy Scouts. In that tradition, the Iowa Chapter of the Lincoln Highway Association has been placing kiosks, like this one in Mount Vernon, with the aid of the Boy Scouts.
IM004521.jpg

• #2,789
That's neat.

• #2,790
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I was there yesterday afternoon, taking photos of the bridge for the bridge hunter website and thought of you when I saw the football field - the red of the track really lit up in the late afternoon sun.
So did you hum "The Stripper" in honor of Pep Band? And slutty cheerleaders?

• #2,791
I think a lot of people went to the same small college in a different city.

• #2,792
I'm sure. Except that Cornell was the first college west of the Mississippi to grant women a full baccalaureate degree. :DGranted, in the early years it was only in education, but it was still something!

• #2,793
Well, that was about Normal.Snicker, chortle, giggle guffaw!

• #2,794
I'm reaching through the computer and slapping you now.But the big question is, how many people will actually understand that joke?

• #2,795
You'd have to be a student of obscure American history to get it, I suppose. BTW, Cornell College used that name hoping they might win the hearts of Cornell University and get some money from them. They didn't.The same act that created the Land Grant (Normal) Schools also gave that other Cornell enough money to buy and sell a lot of land out west...they aquired much of the land in northern Wisconsin and then sold it to the timber barons...except they kept the mineral rights. To this day, most of the mineral rights in the northern half of the state are owned by Cornell U - there's even a city named after it.High above Cayuga's waters
There's an awful smell...
Some people say it's Cayuga's waters
We know it's Cornell.

• #2,796
They used the Cornell name because some Cornell cousin donated $1200 worth of books. That's what I was told.Mineral rights, huh? Did you know that Cornell College has one of the top undergrad geology programs in the country? At least, that's what they told students when I was there. :)

• #2,797
That would be Cornell U that owns the mineral rights. I wonder how far east those rights go - with all the controversy over the Crandon Mine, I doubt Cornell owns those rights because, if they do, they are being very silent about it.The Crandon Mine is a major controversy - on one hand, it is one of the largest copper deposits known in the western hemisphere. On the other hand, it is in the Wolf River drainage area, the Wolf being one of the last pristine waterways left. So you have the people who want the copper on one side and the naturalists on the other and they've been fighting for nearly 50 years. At least one company gave up the fight, sold the mine and moved on.

• #2,798
Hey- I talked up the LHA 2013 road trip on the Lincoln forum last night. Someone had a thread about his son's road trip on Route 66 and there was a comment that "wouldn't it be fun to drop everything and do that?" So I mentioned it, said I'd get more info from you if there was interest.

Wouldn't that be cool? A bunch of Lincolns on the Lincoln highway.

• #2,799
That would be great! We had a couple of Lincolns on the 90th Anniversary trip.I don't know if there's anything about it yet on lincolnhighwayassoc.org but it"s worth checking out.

• #2,800
A lot of the Lincoln owners we know are like you - they actually DRIVE their cars. There are plenty of trailer queens in the club, too, but those owners tend to be not much fun to be around. :) I think having 10 (or more!) of the land barges on the trek would just be cool.

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor