• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #2,851
On a wall? Art.On the front porch? Matt.In the mailbox? Bill.Twins on the wall? Curt and Rod.In a hole? Phil.Girl in a cash register? Penny.In a frying pan? Patty.Girl with one leg? Ilene.Japanese girl with one leg? Irene.

• #2,852
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
On a wall? Art.

On the front porch? Matt.

In the mailbox? Bill.

Twins on the wall? Curt and Rod.

In a hole? Phil.

Girl in a cash register? Penny.

In a frying pan? Patty.

Girl with one leg? Ilene.

Japanese girl with one leg? Irene.
We missed a few so I will have to pass those onto my downline!!! Thanks for the laugh!

• #2,853
Girl in a tower? Belle

• #2,854
What was the one legged waitresses name?

• #2,855
I don't know, what?

• #2,856
Ilene :D

I know bad joke

• #2,857
She worked at Ihop.

• #2,858
I knew there was more to that one thanks my mom told me that one:D

• #2,859
Hijack....KG...I just received an e-mail greeting card from a Worshipper! WOW! Do you want me to send it to you to open:p :D

• #2,860
Nah, I don't think anyone worships me. Worchestershire, maybe, but it would have to be someone pretty saucey.Now you, OTOH, might just have a worshipper. ;)

• #2,861
chefann said:
Oh, no. nuh-uh. We cannot have this thread falling by the wayside. No sirree, Bob!

Wait. Who's Bob again? It is the same Bob as Bob's your uncle?
Especially this close to 20k views.

Then there's the guy who used to live next door - but he has two O's in his spelling of Bob - and it still spells the same way forward and backward.

• #2,862
So, what's new with you, KG?

• #2,863
mmm.... corned beef and boiled redskin potatoes for lunch today. Delish!

• #2,864
Chix parm over spaghetti here! (Oh, and Panera bagels left from breakfast!!!)

• #2,865
ooh- that sounds good, too. The cafe also had their New York Deli panini: pastrami, turkey and ham on rye with tomato and brown mustard.

• #2,866
I'll just have the soup, please...

• #2,867
Today's soup: Chicken Noodle, Vegetarian Vegetable, Chili, or Loaded Baked Potato.

• #2,868
chefann said:
ooh- that sounds good, too. The cafe also had their New York Deli panini: pastrami, turkey and ham on rye with tomato and brown mustard.

no thanks!

• #2,869
No? What don't you like on that?

Occasionally, they have a turkey and artichoke panini that's really good, too. mmmm.... I'm getting hungry thinking about it, and I just finished lunch!

• #2,870
chefann said:

Occasionally, they have a turkey and artichoke panini that's really good, too. mmmm.... I'm getting hungry thinking about it, and I just finished lunch!

MMMM - Turkey & Artichoke - that sounds yummy!

DS and I have been working in the garden this morning.....and it is SOOOOO stinkin hot outside. We are just now eating lunch - Cold Cantaloupe, sliced fresh tomatoes, a few almonds and some cheese. (hot and tired - this is easy)

• #2,871
That sounds good, too, Becky. And healthy.

I found my bag of dark chocolate kissables in my conference tote bag and I've been munching on those all day. They're a vegetable! (cocoa BEANS, sugar BEETS)

• #2,872
I have to make a note of that rationalization.

• #2,873
And if it's milk chocolate, then it's dairy, too. :D

• #2,874
Oh- and if it's a chocolate rabbit, that's protein!

• #2,875
chefann said:
Oh- and if it's a chocolate rabbit, that's protein!

And dark chocolate - why that is medicinal! LOTS of antioxidants.....and raises those endorphines right up where they need to be. Women NEED chocolate - it makes us happy, and nice to be around. (as long as you're not trying to take our chocolate!)

• #2,876
That reminds me of time I saw 12 rabbits, walking away backwards, stopping every 10th step to raise their right front paws and shake them from side to side.It was a receding hare line with permanent wave.

• #2,877
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Especially this close to 20k views.
Someone's sounding a little PW-ey today.

:D

I just ordered a neat leather coffee cozy, and you'd get a kick out of the text on it. It's from Etsy, where a lot of the artisans are very pro-small-scale, hand-crafted things. It will say: Etsy is to Ebay what a shy yet disarmingly gorgeous woman knitting in stiletto heels is to a sweaty, aggressive door-to-door salesman.

• #2,878
OK- I'm such a PS I had to be the first to post in the new FD area. :D

• #2,879
ChefBeckyD said:
And dark chocolate - why that is medicinal! LOTS of antioxidants.....and raises those endorphines right up where they need to be. Women NEED chocolate - it makes us happy, and nice to be around. (as long as you're not trying to take our chocolate!)
There's a reason chocolate's botanical name is Theobroma Cacao. :D It means "Food of the gods" - or goddesses, in our case.

• #2,880
chefann said:

The pastrami, the ham and the mustard... not a huge fan of tomato either!

Change the rye (although I really do like rye) to a wrap, the pastrami to turkey, the ham to more turkey, the mustard to mayo, add bacon and grill the thing... THAT sounds yummy!

• #2,881
chefann said:
Someone's sounding a little PW-ey today.
I don't see how number of views in a thread connects to PW or PS.

:p

• #2,882
Shall I refer you to the email you sent me a couple of days ago?

• #2,883
No, because the two topics are as related as the metaphor on your new coffee cozy clearly states.:p

• #2,884
Did you like that? I thought it was clever. Just in the few transactions I've got there, I've noticed a HUGE difference in mindset between the E's.

• #2,885
Yes, I did like it, although I have this vision of someone knitting with stiletto heels. While wearing them, of course.

• #2,886
That's just kinky.

:D

• #2,887
Not if she's wearing fishknit stockings.

• #2,888
That reminds me of the old "How many animals are in a pair of pantyhose?" joke.

which I'm not going to answer, because this is a family site.

• #2,889
I found you some smilies, KG!

firefox-ange.gif
/
firefox-est-ton-ami.gif
/
firefox16.gif
/
firefox17.gif
/
firefox18.gif
/
firefox22.gif
/
firefox25.gif

• #2,891
I like those, but I think my favorite is
firefox16.gif

• #2,892
Since this is the hijacking thread . . .

We had a young woman spend the night at our house Sunday night. She is a 17-year-old Cal Tech student. She had just finished a month-long math class in Minnesota and was bicycling to Boston to visit her parents. Since The Furry Guy bicycled to California and back when he graduated from high school, he enjoys talking with cross-country cyclists. She is a really sweet girl. I'm glad we had a chance to meet her.

Side note: Cal Tech is where parts of the TV show Numbers is filmed. She said they always have sections of the campus roped off. This way they can have people pretending to be students mill around for the camera. She says they look nothing like actual students. Evidently the people in charge are also afraid that some of their real-life, very geeky conversations might be picked up by the mics.

• #2,893
But what about the '31 Model A Deluxe Roadster? Did she ever see it?(The amber lenses in the cowl lights make my skin crawl but the rest of it looks awfully nice.)

• #2,894
Rae - how did you meet up with your new cyclist friend?

• #2,895
It doesn't matter what browser you use if CS goes down, now does it?ARRRRGH.But we're baaaaaaa-yaaaaaaaaaaaak!

• #2,896
katie0128 said:
Rae - how did you meet up with your new cyclist friend?

About 8:30 Sunday evening The Furry Guy was taking our recycling in. He saw her with her travel packs. (Cross-country cyclists are easy to spot.) He asked her if she had a place to stay, since it would be getting dark soon. She didn't, so he told her she was welcome to stay with us.

The Furry Guy has always wanted to open our home to cross-country cyclists. working second shift, though, he doesn't encounter many at a time when they would be looking for a place to stay.

• #2,897
raebates said:
About 8:30 Sunday evening The Furry Guy was taking our recycling in. He saw her with her travel packs. (Cross-country cyclists are easy to spot.) He asked her if she had a place to stay, since it would be getting dark soon. She didn't, so he told her she was welcome to stay with us.

The Furry Guy has always wanted to open our home to cross-country cyclists. working second shift, though, he doesn't encounter many at a time when they would be looking for a place to stay.

WOW! Now I know that you and The Furry Guy would be perfectly safe.......but in todays world - I can't imagine a young girl just going home with a stranger to spend the night!:eek:

• #2,898
Well, we would have understood if she had declined. I'm sure her parents talked to her a lot about trusting her instincts.

When The Furry Guy rode his trek, he stayed in the homes of several people. Some of them he's still in contact with. However, that was the early 80's, and he was a burly young man.

Our Guest bedroom locks with a key from the inside. Since I wasn't feeling well, The Furry Guy showed her how to use the key. She said she didn't think she'd need it. He told her that was up to her. Since she was a young woman staying in the home of strangers, we wanted her to feel perfectly safe.

• #2,899
Did he do his trek on a Trek?(Since they make 'em here, I just had to ask.)

• #2,900
Nope. He did his trek on a 1980(?) Schwinn Le Tour.

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor