• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #3,301
Now that I know who the contact is, it's because he starts his day right at the beginning of the client's core hours, and tends to forget that others start earlier so they can leave while there's still daylight.

I'm meeting with the Account Manager at 1:00. I'm torn about what to tell her, too. Because traditionally AMs aren't receptive to their employee's desires or needs - just the client's.

• #3,302
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The next project reads more like a weather alert. I have a feeling that I'm going to be headed along a line, 75 miles either side of a line, from Chicago to Dallas.

On the bright side, I can tell you where you can get excellent service from a wonderful young man at a Pappadeaux in the Dallas area.

• #3,303
UGH.I really DON'T want the position for which I interviewed today. It's a Team Lead position, over 10 employees. I have no TL experience, so I think that a team of 10 is a little big for a first-timer. And I wimped out and gave an "interview" answer to the question "Why did you decide to return to Company X?" Of course, I prefaced it with, "Well, now that's a loaded question."

• #3,304
Nothing wrong with wimping out on an interview question. Many a successful political career has been built on just such answers. ;)

• #3,305
Wimped out as in told them what they wanted to hear. I wish I had the guts to say, "Because I didn't want to get fired for refusing the interview."I really don't think I'm qualified. And I'm afraid that I'd end up working crazy hours and end up having to put PC on the back burner. Stupid job.

• #3,306
However, walking through Downtown Detroit to the interview, I saw this in an auction house window. It goes on the block next week.
http://www.dumouchelle.com/CrntMonth/r0239_01.jpgIt was next to this one:
http://www.dumouchelle.com/CrntMonth/r0228_01.jpg(The auction house site is really slow so it may take a minute for these images to load.)
If you go to Browse Catalog, then go to "Fine art" for the category, these are on pages 1 and 2, items 239 and 228. Number 238 is also interesting. It was in their front window, and is signed by Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and George Lucas.

• #3,307
Hey, I'm due for another road trip. Want me to come kick some ankles?

• #3,308
hmmm.... if I knew we could get away with that without me losing my job...:)

• #3,309
I'm short. They'll probably never notice me--just wonder why their ankles hurt.

• #3,310
raebates said:
Nothing wrong with wimping out on an interview question. Many a successful political career has been built on just such answers. ;)
I...DID...NOT...HAVE...TEAM...LEADER...EXPERIENCE...WITH...THAT...COMPANY

• #3,311
Okay, I'm not usually able to come up with a joke on the fly, but I made a good one tonight at my show. The host (has a guest not in attendance that wants to book). The host asked how far I'd be willing to go for a show? A: Hmm.... I think Hawaii is my limit!! They all laughed. Actually her friend lives 10 miles away. Sounds great! I'm going 1 hour away Saturday and 1 1/2 hour away the following SAt.

• #3,312
raebates said:
On the bright side, I can tell you where you can get excellent service from a wonderful young man at a Pappadeaux in the Dallas area.
Hmmmm...I've heard of pressed duck and Peking duck, even Donald Duck but I never heard of Papa Ducks.

• #3,313
lockhartkitchen said:
Okay, I'm not usually able to come up with a joke on the fly, but I made a good one tonight at my show. The host (has a guest not in attendance that wants to book). The host asked how far I'd be willing to go for a show? A: Hmm.... I think Hawaii is my limit!! They all laughed. Actually her friend lives 10 miles away. Sounds great! I'm going 1 hour away Saturday and 1 1/2 hour away the following SAt.
There ya go...now polish it up and practice it so it'll be an even better ad lib next time!

• #3,314
Sorry- back to my interview.
I thought of the PERFECT answer to the "Why did you decide to return?" question on my drive in to work this morning! Instead of the BS I told them, I should have said, "Because it's a good opportunity for my company." It's actually true (in that it is an excellent opportunity for my company to get some revenue), it's not a lie (like my answer about wanting to get into management), and yet it's still evasive enough that I don't have to actually say that I don't want to go back there.

Don't you hate when you think of just the right thing to say 12 hours too late?

We now return to the regularly scheduled hijack. :)

• #3,315
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hmmmm...I've heard of pressed duck and Peking duck, even Donald Duck but I never heard of Papa Ducks.

Pappadeaux (pronounced papadoo) is an upscale seafood restaurant. My baby boy works as a server Wednesday through Saturday. It's a regional chain, so there are a few in the Dallas area. If you like, I can let you know at which you can find my DS. I'm sure he'd enjoy bantering with you, and I'm certain you'd tip him really well. :p

• #3,316
chefann said:
Don't you hate when you think of just the right thing to say 12 hours too late?
Or twelve years.

That's why I prefer the written word - it's easier to edit something I wrote 12 hours ago but didn't send.

• #3,317
raebates said:
Pappadeaux (pronounced papadoo) is an upscale seafood restaurant. My baby boy works as a server Wednesday through Saturday. It's a regional chain, so there are a few in the Dallas area. If you like, I can let you know at which you can find my DS. I'm sure he'd enjoy bantering with you, and I'm certain you'd tip him really well. :p
Oh, I see - Pappa Duck's Doo-doo. (This whole line is getting pretty fowl.)

Would they serve Duck's Soup for The Toothless Wonder?

• #3,318
OMG! OMG! OMG!
I was over at Etsy, checking if anyone had featured any of my items in a treasury, and I got one! I couldn't believe it. So I had to quick think of a theme and populate it with cool stuff. KG might recognize some of the references in my treasury - they're characters from Discworld books by Terry Pratchett.
Etsy :: Treasury List

• #3,319
I'm not sure what that means, but could you tell me witch page you're on?

• #3,320
Ha! Page 15 - it's called City Guard. But I couldn't find enough items to represent the guard alone, so there are other characters, too.

• #3,321
Time to hijack the thread again.I told this story in another thread earlier today, but since many folks won't see it, I thought I'd tell it here, too. The end of this was a joke, which I am not going to use here because it would be pointless here.Anyway, you know how sometimes you open a newspaper and something just jumps off the page at you, without you even consciously looking at/for it?I was at the coffee shop the other day, waiting for a friend, when I absent-mindedly opened the paper. I turned to the obituaries, and my first wife's name jumped out at me.It wasn't her - I knew right away when I read the obit because this was a nice lady who just happened to have the same name.She was also old enough to be my mother, but that's beside the point.

• #3,322
raebates said:

Yummy food! We have one in Cincy!

• #3,323
They serve papa ducks in Cincy, too?

• #3,324
Yep - but just papa ones... no mama or babies!

• #3,325
Well, there goes the duck egg omelette.

• #3,326
Nope... eggs aren't babies... they are baby-wanna-be's. No problem there!

• #3,327
So it's not a deaux egg omelette?Well, that beats me.

• #3,328
Eggsactly...

• #3,329
These egg jokes are all a little cracked.

• #3,330
And when are our jokes on CS not a little cracked???

• #3,331
When we're scrambled.Most of us are a couple of pancakes short of a Rooti-Tutti Fresh & Fruity.

• #3,332
Can we start calling you Short Stack?

<giggle>

So, I listed my Renaissance Halloween costume for sale - if it sells, that's a decent chunk of change I can throw at a bill. I'm still debating listing my Carmen Miranda costume, too. (you can see the listing at my Etsy shop - in my siggy)

• #3,333
That'd be better than "Short Bus."Of course, that also means we're a couple of tacos short of a combination plate or a few fries short of a happy meal.

• #3,334
I refer to a former coworker as "Short Bus." It's all in fun, because he's actually quite smart- and quick. He's a former Marine, too. :)

• #3,335
You can always tell a Marine - but you can't tell him much!

• #3,336
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That'd be better than "Short Bus."

Of course, that also means we're a couple of tacos short of a combination plate or a few fries short of a happy meal.

I always say "a few fries short of a happy meal and didn't get the free toy."

• #3,337
A few bulbs short of a Christmas tree...

• #3,338
Elevator doesn't quite go to the top...

• #3,339
The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead...

• #3,340
Never Mind...Removed for being a repetitive redumbdancy.

Last edited:
  • #3,341
janetupnorth said:
The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead...

This one made me LOL!

• #3,342
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I found this on a blog while I was, of course, looking for something else. I was really taken by he quality of this piece by Gaily-O and I can only hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Here's a teaser to lure you to her blog...

You can read the rest of it here.
KG- I posted this in the Humor thread over a week ago.

• #3,343
Oh, sorry. My motto is "A day late and a dollar short."How did you happen to come across it?

• #3,344
Someone here at work sent out an email. It was a PowerPoint presentation, but I just posted the text.

• #3,345
chefann said:
KG- I posted this in the Humor thread over a week ago.

Well, la-de-da... aren't you just the proactive one!

• #3,346
<giggle> That's funny. I'm the LAZY one!

If there were 7 Dwarfs of PC, I'd be Lazy.

Who would the others be?
Recruit
Customer Care
Sales
Coaching
Leader
Hungry (to test all the recipes ;) )

Last edited:
  • #3,347
I just saw the funniest name for Canada on another site.

Canukistan.

LOL

• #3,348
Real funny, eh?

• #3,349
<giggle>

I bit the bullet and listed one of my Halloween costumes for sale online. I've got a bad credit card bill (I know, very bad of me...) and selling the costume will help pay it off. (So will having some decent shows in the next couple of months.) I've also entered it in a costume contest. :)

So if anyone's looking for a fabulous costume for this Halloween, check it out! (And I know the costume will also work for a man looking for an, um... interesting costume option, because a member of our car club wore it last year for a few minutes to surprise his wife.)
Etsy :: Renaissance Lady Costume

Last edited:
  • #3,350
I fear I haven't got enough for the pushy-uppy things to pushy-uppy anything.

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor