• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant theGreat Financial Disappearing Act!

In summary, the conversation discusses a person's financial crisis and their struggle to make ends meet. They had their work hours reduced and were promised to have them restored, but later found out that it wasn't possible due to financial difficulties. They are facing unpaid bills and worries about Christmas gifts. Suggestions were given to help generate income, such as becoming a personal shopper or delivering pizzas temporarily. The conversation ends with words of encouragement and advice to stay positive and trust in God during difficult times.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Now you see them ... now you don't. I am referring to a way out of my financial crisis through my semi-full-time job, of course ....

This morning, I checked my work e-mail and found a pleasant surprise ... the big boss had approved two of us getting some of our hours back. Not all of them, but 36 is better than 32. I crunched the numbers and discovered that I'd eventually be able to afford silly luxuries like food and utilities. Honestly, the only reason I'm not deeper in the hole is that gas prices dropped in half.

A few hours later, my boss e-mailed us. Seems our boss took back his promise and said we were in dire financial straits and couldn't afford to restore our hours after all.

In May, five of us (two part-time, three full-time) got our hours slashed by 8 each. One of the part-timers left, and a couple of months ago, they laid off the remaining full-timer and two part-timers. At that time, we were told that we would get at least some of our hours back when the full-timer was off the payroll.

Meanwhile, I am behind on everything, facing an unknown car repair bill, and facing an extended dry spell in my PC business. (I have shows coming up, but none before February.) And all 3 of my shows so far have been smaller than I anticipated. I was counting not only on Sell-a-thon, but on the corresponding paycheck.

Looking for jobs, but many of them seem to be outside my skill set ...

Look into some holiday booths, there are tons of them this time of year, take orders and book! Email all of your contacts and try to get some bookings (state the next 5 people to book a show will receive a free _____, this will create a sense of urgency) I hope everything works out for you! You are in my prayers.

Di, I am so praying for you. Start thinking like a millionare and don't dwell on your debt and hopefully you will be rewarded.

Not to say that by ignoring the debt it will go away, but I am a firm believer in the law of attraction and if you change your thought process (difficult but helpful) things will get better!!

oh and by the way...I wouldn't get your boss anything for Christmas, the meanie!!!

(this is meant to be a joke)

I've looked into holiday booths. The ones that took Pampered Chef vendors already had one, and those that didn't do not take independent sales consutants. I just had a booth this weekend and it was almost a total waste of time.

I'm not talking about debt ... I'm talking about things like utilities, food, and car repair ...

I am really worried about Christmas ... I don't know how I will be able to get gifts for anybody.

Have you ever thought about becoming a "Personal Shopper" for people? I have a friend who cleans houses. She makes on average $25+ hr. She told me that her min for cleaning a house under 2000 sqft is $90. Advertise around and use your P/C skills by doing some power cooking and get paid to fill up their freezer with meals. They pay you for the food and an additional $'s for your time ($50?). You can either put it together at your house or theirs.

I hope this helps. I will pray for you and your situation. Good Luck!

Sorry, I forgot to add this.

Have everyone do "Home made for the Holidays" Christmas gifts. It can be something as simple as a card with what you can personally do for them (i.e. cook dinner, 2 hrs babysitting, 2 hrs cleaning house, 2 hrs yard work), but every gift has to be something that is not a purchased item. We are doing this, this year. Everyone is strapped for cash with the economy the way it is. Lot's of people are thinking outside of the norm. It just means so much more when it is personal. Keep the positive attitude and give it to God. Our struggles make us stronger. God Bless You!

This may sound silly to you but have you looked at delivering pizzas just temporarily or working at McD's through the holidays. Nothing permanent, but something that will keep you afloat through this time.Do you have higher speed internet? Be a ChaCha guide for awhile...not big pay, but something. I can give you a referral if you need it.Sometimes you have to do what you need to in order to pay the bills while working on getting the job you really want.

janetupnorth said:
This may sound silly to you but have you looked at delivering pizzas just temporarily or working at McD's through the holidays. Nothing permanent, but something that will keep you afloat through this time.

Do you have higher speed internet? Be a ChaCha guide for awhile...not big pay, but something. I can give you a referral if you need it.

Sometimes you have to do what you need to in order to pay the bills while working on getting the job you really want.

What is a ChaCha guide ?????:confused:

I am wondering the same thing ....

I considered a part-time job when all this went down. The problem is a) I have foot and knee problems that have me in agony when I stand for extended periods of time ... which is why shows are so hard on me physically, but I deal and b) my semi-FT job has crazy hours nobody can schedule around.

Some days I work night shift, some days I work weekends, some days I work day shift and I work one weekend a month. I NEVER leave there on time when I have a project due, also.

My one constant is Fridays off, and up until yesterday, I was expecting that to change this month.

I just can't stand it when employers talk out of both sides of their mouth. My immediate supervisor is frustrated too.

Go to chacha.com and check it out. Someone just told me they might not be hiring right now. But if they are, you answer questions for people. Basically if you are good at googling useless information you can do it. People text in questions and you answer them. Once in awhile some crude ones come through, but there are ways of not answering those or turning them around on the person within the rules or setting up your category preferences so they don't come through. You get paid 10 cents per question answered or 20 cents if you are a top guide for the week. (200 queries in one week the previous week). It usually ends up to be about $6-$8 per hour when going and you do it on your time or not at all if you are busy. If anyone needs a referral after checking it out, PM me. (I don't want my e-mail all over the web! :) )

I saw a couple of work from home websites in a magazine yesterday. It was either good housekeeping or Parent & Child. I'll look them up for you.

I have been going to real estate offices and offering to bake cookies at their open houses. They pay me $10 to bake and leave or $10 and hour to stay. If I do a bake and leave, I can usually get at least 3 in on one day, if I do bake and stay, I can do 2 depending on times. Its a good way to make a little extra money and I make my cookie dough ahead of time, freeze it, take it out the night before and give it a mix before I leave so it looks like I just made it. If I'm staying, I take my large round stone, large bar pan, a spatula, my three tiered stand, 3 square plates, bamboo tongs (for them to pick up the cookies with), napkins, mini catalogs and business cards to hand out.

Its actually fun when the open house is busy, and you get contacts from people who are new to the area and not likely to already have a consultant.

That is a FABULOUS idea. When do the open houses usually fall?

Have you thought about doing a holiday open house at your home to show off your products? Invite all your neighbors and friends and past host and guests lists. Don't sell it as a show, just an open house to see the new products and taste a recipe or two, but have it so that any orders you get (and you'll be surprised) will be delivered before Christmas.

Every time I try one of those I get told they don't want to come because I am "too far away." Apparently the fact that I drive all that way to get to THEM doesn't make a lot of difference. This weekend, I am going to visit a church in my neighborhood just because it's local.

I REALLY would like more information about the realtor thing. Do you have a special flyer you do up for them?

What is "the Great Financial Disappearing Act!"?

"The Great Financial Disappearing Act!" is a fun and interactive cooking party hosted by Pampered Chef that focuses on budget-friendly meals and tips for saving money in the kitchen.

How long does "the Great Financial Disappearing Act!" party last?

Typically, the party lasts about 2 hours. Our Pampered Chef consultants will guide you and your guests through a variety of delicious and budget-friendly recipes, while also sharing tips and tricks for saving money in the kitchen.

Do I need to purchase any products during the party?

No, there is no obligation to purchase any products during the party. However, if you find items that you love and want to add to your kitchen, our consultants will be happy to assist you with placing an order.

Can I host "the Great Financial Disappearing Act!" party at my own home?

Yes, absolutely! Our Pampered Chef consultants can come to your home and host the party for you and your friends. It's a great way to have a fun night in and learn some money-saving tips in the kitchen.

Is there a cost to host or attend "the Great Financial Disappearing Act!" party?

There is no cost to host or attend a "the Great Financial Disappearing Act!" party. It's completely free and our consultants will provide all the necessary ingredients and supplies for the recipes. Just gather your friends and get ready for a fun and budget-friendly cooking experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies