• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theArmy Is Moving Us to Ft Lewis

In summary, my husband got orders to Ft Lewis WA. We are moving around the end of March. Anyone from Washington? I'm really nervous about moving Pampered Chef up there. I just started and I'm afraid I'm going to lose the progress I've made. I've never been to Washington either. Someone help me I'm blind and freaking out. Any suggestions tips wisdom...:confused:
armywife_consultant
my hubby got orders to Ft lewis WA. we are moving around the end of march. anyone from washington? im really nervous about moving pampered chef up there? im just getting started and im afraid im gonna lose the little progess ive made. ive never been to washington either. someone help im blind and freaking out. any suggestions tips wisdom...:confused:

when you move into housing mention to the neighbors that your a PC consultant, you will find some that will want to have a party. host an open house to the neighborhood.. :)

keep in touch with your current hosts & guests, they might be able to host catalog parties to keep you going at a distance!

Buy the CD "Move it you won't lose it" for $2 on the paper supply order. Also, there may be an online training MP# recording from past Leadership and/or National Conventions.

It can be tough, but it most certainly can be done! It does take patience and persistance!

I'm in Washington just 45min from fort lewis, business is good here, you will do great, and fort lewis is close enough to do shows in Tacoma and Seattle if you want

I have an old friend stationed at Fort Lewis, let me see if hosting might be something she is interested in doing, she's been there a couple of years. I haven't talked to her in a while though. It's been even longer since I've seen her, but if she's the same as I remember her, she NEEDS help with cooking. She didn't even know how to boil water when I first met her. Ah the good ole days! LOL That just brought back a whole lot of great memories!

We were stationed in Spokane (by the Idaho border) and loved it there. Didn't spend much time on the coast, but is beautiful, green, and did I mention beautiful there?

I hope you love Washington! I've pretty much been here my whole life...cannot imagine living anwhere else. I'm up north, about as close to the border as you can get.
Good luck with building your business here!

thanks ladies that cheered me up a bit! things are super stressful lately.

I retired out of Fort Lewis. You should find it a great location....both personally and for business. We would have stayed there if both our families weren't all living on the east coast. We loved it!

My brother and his wife were stationed in Washington (with the Marines) and they LOVED it! It was their favorite place they have lived. You could look out the window of their house and see the Puget Sound. (they lived off base) It's a very beautiful state!

you have a couple Navy bases out there too. bremerton and the sub base.....drawing a blank. post a flyer there too.
I was stationed in bremerton for a while and LOVED WA!!! Good luck with the move!

I've moved my business from Virginia to Ft. Hood, Texas, then to Grafenwoehr Army Post, Germany and now to New Jersey. You really only have to find two good hosts to get your started once you get there. I usually figure on at least 2-3 bookings per show and if those first two hosts are coached really well and you make them your partner in getting your business started, they will carry you through. Good luck. We may be joining you soon.

I have friends stationed around Whidbey Island and Yakima. They love it up there. I am sure you will do well. From one Army wife to another!

pcsharon1 said:
I've moved my business from Virginia to Ft. Hood, Texas, then to Grafenwoehr Army Post, Germany and now to New Jersey. You really only have to find two good hosts to get your started once you get there. I usually figure on at least 2-3 bookings per show and if those first two hosts are coached really well and you make them your partner in getting your business started, they will carry you through. Good luck. We may be joining you soon.

oh yay how fun!!! it would be awesome to be stationed near another consultant that is also an army spouse!!!

welcome to tacoma :)

will you be living on base? they have some BEAUTIFUL brand new townhomes on base. the area directly around ft lewis can be a little sketchy (been there, done that). but alot of my ft lewis friends live in puyallup, olympia, other parts of tacoma. i personally live in north tacoma & LOVE it! right now the weather is starting its icky rainy season. but youll love it here this summer.

as far as pc - my business is exactly where i want it to be. i know of a couple of other tacoma consultants but as far as on post, im not sure. i know one in my cluster is stationed at mcchord afb (adjacent to ft lewis). i think if you get yourself involved with a couple of other army spouses, you shouldnt have a problem :)

& if you need a hospitality cluster, let me know!

What is Ft Lewis?

Ft Lewis, officially known as Joint Base Lewis-McChord, is a military installation located in Pierce County, Washington. It is home to several units of the United States Army, including the I Corps, 62nd Medical Brigade, and the 593rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command.

Why is the Army moving us to Ft Lewis?

The Army may be moving you to Ft Lewis for a variety of reasons, such as a change in your duty station, a new assignment, or a deployment. Each move is unique and is based on the needs of the Army and your specific job requirements.

Will my family be able to come with me to Ft Lewis?

Yes, your family will be able to accompany you to Ft Lewis. The Army offers a variety of resources and support for military families, including housing options, schools, and community programs. You can also work with your unit's Family Readiness Group for additional support and assistance during your move.

How long will it take for us to move to Ft Lewis?

The length of time it takes to move to Ft Lewis will vary depending on your individual circumstances. Factors that can affect the timeline include the distance of your current duty station, the availability of housing at Ft Lewis, and the type of move (PCS, TDY, etc.). It is best to work closely with your unit and the Army's relocation resources for a more accurate estimate.

What resources are available to help us with the move to Ft Lewis?

The Army offers a variety of resources to help with the move to Ft Lewis, including a relocation assistance program, housing support, and financial assistance. Additionally, your unit's Family Readiness Group and the Ft Lewis community can provide valuable support and information to make your move as smooth as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• armywife_consultant
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ilovepc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kcmckay