1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: The Merrill store.

1. WonderMonkey

WonderMonkey Member

Just what is this store? I assume from reading it's some vendor to PC, authorized by PC. Right? I read that most people are unhappy with it?

Oct 24, 2008
  2. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I've purchased my business cards through them, that's it so far. I had no problems.

Oct 24, 2008
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Yes. They are where you get the PC-logo merchandise. So far, I've not had any problems, other than the error on the calendars, but I only ordered 1-pack (still waiting to receive). I've gotten a tote, business cards, and a few other things there. I'll get some logo-shirts later hopefully if I get some business in November to help pay for it. :)

You find them under Consultant's Corner- click on "Promoting your business", and then their link is at the bottom (Licensed Vendors) called "Impressions. Merrill Corporation".

Oct 25, 2008
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

The problem is that they are expensive and their sizing is inconsistent. Their CS is usually very bad.

The biggest problem is that they have a monopoly--they are our only authorized vendor--the only place we can buy anything with the PC logo.

Oct 25, 2008
  5. Yakmama

Yakmama Member

My husband and I operated an ice cream franchise and Merrill was also their vendor. We had really bad experiences with them and felt the pricing was EXTREMELY high compared to other licensed merchandising vendors. I wish PC would think about a different company. I haven't bought anything from them yet with PC.

Oct 25, 2008
    danajosephcole likes this.
  6. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

there sizing is crazy. I have the same outfit in 3 different colors...one is XS, one is S and the other is Med...they all fit the same. It is crazy.

Oct 26, 2008
  7. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

yep... pricing and sizing is nuts!!!

Oct 26, 2008
  8. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I've never had a "problem" when working with Merrill. I have bought business cards there (they had a GREAT sale and I couldn't turn it down), ink stamps with info, envelopes, lapboards, etc. with no problem at all. But, I refuse to buy their clothing online. I wait until Conference to be able to try on the different sizes. And I do agree that their pricing is a little high.

I miss Nancy's terribly, I don't like Merrill's new post cards.

Oct 26, 2008
  9. WonderMonkey

WonderMonkey Member

I assume people complain about them. Why would PC keep them around with so many problems?

Oct 26, 2008
  10. WonderMonkey

WonderMonkey Member

I did a search and I see others with PC materials, are they dirty law breakers?

Oct 26, 2008
  11. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

Depends on who they are? If the are reselling their used products, then the answer is no (I buy used logo shirts on ebay from time to time). If they are manufacturing their own with the logo then the answer is yes.

I too wish we had another choice - competition is a good thing. I also wish they'd bring back Nancy's - however I'm sure she'd tell them exactly where to stick the logo :chef:

12. wadesgirl

I'm very familiar with the promotional products industry. It is a very hard industry to work in because other people are relying on you very intensively. As much as people complain about Merrill, they are just doing their business the way they want to run it.

Oct 26, 2008
  13. WonderMonkey

WonderMonkey Member

Well sure they are but why would PC keep them around? I understand contracts and all but PC has a certain amount of control or their legal department needs fired.

Oct 26, 2008
  14. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

It's not really that Merrill has so many problems, but when Merrill was introduced, two other vendors were taken away and Merrill was given a monopoly. Just the very way this happened was upsetting so a lot of people are already biased against them. I'll admit, our former logowear vendor was no great shakes either in terms of price and sizing, but lots of us miss Nancy's and her letterhead and postcards.

Oct 26, 2008
  15. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

We (in my time) only had one option at a time for clothing. It was never a great option as far as price and sizing. I really miss the options for biz materials! Town and country was great too for some things! Yes I miss Nancy's I am allmost out of my letterhead that I use for host thank you letters. I will be sad when it is gone...

Oct 26, 2008
  16. WonderMonkey

WonderMonkey Member

I'm sure it would be breaking major rules to go get nice stuff locally. Somebody locally probably has a nice embroidery machine that would love to produce items.

You now, not looking to make any trouble.... but hey.... LOOK A MONKEY!

Oct 26, 2008
  17. wadesgirl

It trademark infringement to take the logo to another company. You can have them do something generic. Like a chef's hat (not PC's) and something underneath it.

Oct 26, 2008
  18. WonderMonkey

WonderMonkey Member

Yes. Agreed. Just stirring the pot a bit. Very little.

Oct 26, 2008
  19. How can I order from them?

20. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

You log into Consultant's Corner. Go to "Business Center", then "LOGO STORE". You can click on the Merrill logo there and it takes you to their store. Looks like they are running a sale through 3/15/2016 too....15% off orders $60 or more, and then more for larger orders.

Mar 8, 2016
Have something to add?