• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thanks All Y'all for Not Being B****Es :)

In summary, the conversation revolves around the appreciation of the positive and respectful atmosphere in this forum compared to other online communities. There is also a humorous discussion about the use of the word "y'all" and a group created on Facebook to support Jean DeVries for president. The conversation also touches on different cultural backgrounds and the origins of the term "Yooper."
Jean DeVries
Gold Member
I don't know if I can even use that word in a title :)

I just wanted to let my CS buddies know how much I appreciate the niceness that occurs on this forum.

I'm on a different forum that's very clique-y, and when people disagree with you, they're just plain mean. They stop debating the topic and get personal.

I appreciate the way we can (mostly) engage in thoughtful debates without degrading other people or making them cry :)

I agree, for the most part. There are a few cheffers that I don't care for, but over all, this is an awesome site with awesome people.

Jean DeVries said:
I don't know if I can even use that word in a title :)

I just wanted to let my CS buddies know how much I appreciate the niceness that occurs on this forum.

I'm on a different forum that's very clique-y, and when people disagree with you, they're just plain mean. They stop debating the topic and get personal.

I appreciate the way we can (mostly) engage in thoughtful debates without degrading other people or making them cry :)

I just want to know where you learned to say "all, y'all"?:D

Hey Jean, I just have to tell you that I recently got hooked on FaceBook, and in my profile where there is an option to put your political view, I put "Jean De Vries for president" :).

ChefBeckyD said:
I just want to know where you learned to say "all, y'all"?:D

in GA, it's standard English :)

Oh, hey Becky! Seem like a while since I've said hello to you! I hope you and Micah are all the way better now after being sick :).

LOL
We wouldn't want to get the rep of being too nice, so I just wanted you to know that ... crap I can't even come up with a silly insult. I guess we really are too nice.

On the serious side, I totally agree. I hear horror stories about other DS companies and their web sites, how horrible the consultants treat each other. It just makes me love you guys all the more!!!!!

I'm so grateful for everyone being so helpful!

AnnieBee said:
Oh, hey Becky! Seem like a while since I've said hello to you! I hope you and Micah are all the way better now after being sick :).

Hey! Micah has one more day of his antibiotic, and I cannot get rid of this cough.:yuck: Other than that, we are feeling much better!:thumbup:

Thanks for asking!:)

pamperedlinda said:
in GA, it's standard English :)

Yeah, and I learned it when I lived in SC for several years...but Jean? She's a good Dutch girl!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah, and I learned it when I lived in SC for several years...but Jean? She's a good Dutch girl!

she's a quick study too :)

pamperedlinda said:

Do you think this counts as one of the "thoughtful debates" she mentioned?:D

pamperedlinda said:

I've always said, "Jean is the first syllable of genius: :D

Seriously, though, a LOT of my friends are from the south. Or at least south of here.

And AnnieBee, I actually started a Facebook group Jean DeVries for President. Look it up. Then friend request me. You won't be sorry :)

ChefBeckyD said:

And just for the record....finding the bargain is where this Dutch girls stops being Dutch.

I'll let out the German, Irish, French, Native American, Yooper part of me in a heartbeat!

...especially at the bar..... :angel:

We say 'ALL YA'LL' in WV!! :)

Jean DeVries said:
And just for the record....finding the bargain is where this Dutch girls stops being Dutch.

I'll let out the German, Irish, French, Native American, Yooper part of me in a heartbeat!

...especially at the bar..... :angel:

Yooper????

WLMcCoy said:

Now, that just depends on which part of the state you are from. :)

AnnieBee said:
Hey Jean, I just have to tell you that I recently got hooked on FaceBook, and in my profile where there is an option to put your political view, I put "Jean De Vries for president" :).

That is an AWESOME idea!

Yooper - from the UP (upper peninsula) of MI

Jean DeVries said:
I've always said, "Jean is the first syllable of genius: :D

Seriously, though, a LOT of my friends are from the south. Or at least south of here.

And AnnieBee, I actually started a Facebook group Jean DeVries for President. Look it up. Then friend request me. You won't be sorry :)

I'll be right on it!

AnnieBee said:
Yooper - from the UP (upper peninsula) of MI

And in MI, when we say that, it's U.P., not the word up, so some one from the U.P. is a Yooper!

To really get a feel for the term "Yooper", I suggest you rent the movie Escanaba In Da Moonlight.:D

When I was 16 we took a family vacation to the U.P. I don't remember exactly where we went, but santa was ALL over the town. We took a cruise on Lake Superior, to see all of the rock formations, but unfortunatly, that was the trip we learned about my motion sickness, and I didn't get to see any of it.

WLMcCoy said:

Precisely where most of my friends from the south live.

My best friend lives in Parkersburg. And I spend a lot of weekends in Elkins.

I still pronounce "school" and "beagle" correctly though :)

candiejayne said:
When I was 16 we took a family vacation to the U.P. I don't remember exactly where we went, but santa was ALL over the town. We took a cruise on Lake Superior, to see all of the rock formations, but unfortunatly, that was the trip we learned about my motion sickness, and I didn't get to see any of it.

Likely Christmas, Michigan.

We're nothing if not intuitive.

Christmas, Michigan

LOL that would make total sense! I just remember everything revolved around Santa. It wasn't a good vacation for me. Right before we left, I had broken up with my first real boyfriend, and then the cruise thing made me sick for a couple of days. I do remember a restuarant there though that had the best hamburger I had ever eaten. All I remember though is that it had green olives on it.

candiejayne said:
LOL that would make total sense! I just remember everything revolved around Santa. It wasn't a good vacation for me. Right before we left, I had broken up with my first real boyfriend, and then the cruise thing made me sick for a couple of days. I do remember a restuarant there though that had the best hamburger I had ever eaten. All I remember though is that it had green olives on it.

Just had one of those tonight at Mr. Burger.

Around here, they're called Olive Burgers.:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Just had one of those tonight at Mr. Burger.

Around here, they're called Olive Burgers.:D

Again, we're nothing if not intuitive.

I WUV me some Mr. Burger Olive Burgers!!!

Jean DeVries said:
Again, we're nothing if not intuitive.

I WUV me some Mr. Burger Olive Burgers!!!

It's just been way too convenient since they built the one in Hudsonville.:eek:

I had onion rings with it too. And a piece of coconut cream pie.

I refuse to feel guilty. It was way too good for guilt.

LOL you guys quit making me look like a weirdo or something. I do a good enough job on my own!

That would soooo make sense, once again.

You guys really aren't too complicated up there are ya? LOL

candiejayne said:
LOL you guys quit making me look like a weirdo or something. I do a good enough job on my own!

That would soooo make sense, once again.

You guys really aren't too complicated up there are ya? LOL

Nope - intuitive, but not complicated.:D

Jean DeVries said:
Precisely where most of my friends from the south live.

My best friend lives in Parkersburg. And I spend a lot of weekends in Elkins.

I still pronounce "school" and "beagle" correctly though :)

I live close to Parkersburg.. About an hour away!

Part of the 'all ya'll' comes from my living in Texas for the first 3/4 years of my life!

I always think that it's funny how in West Virginia things that are an hour away are described as "close by/to". My friends say that all the time about places that are way more than 1/2 hour away - "It's real close by...we can just run down there in the morning."

Here, if I have to spend more than the time it takes to go through one Led Zeppelin song on my radio in the car, it ain't close.... :)

lol, here to us, anything within 25 miles is close. We are atleast 10 miles from town and a grocery store, so we have to drive that long anyways.

WLMcCoy said:

Part of the 'all ya'll' comes from my living in Texas for the first 3/4 years of my life!

I was born and raised in a little bitty town (Chester) in the far tip of the northern panhandle.

I never said y'all until I moved to North Carolina in 1995 and of course, it stuck.

erinb said:
I was born and raised in a little bitty town (Chester) in the far tip of the northern panhandle.

I never said y'all until I moved to North Carolina in 1995 and of course, it stuck.

I live at the bottom of the panhandle.. Wetzel County!! =)

Jean DeVries said:
I always think that it's funny how in West Virginia things that are an hour away are described as "close by/to". My friends say that all the time about places that are way more than 1/2 hour away - "It's real close by...we can just run down there in the morning."

Here, if I have to spend more than the time it takes to go through one Led Zeppelin song on my radio in the car, it ain't close.... :)

I had to ride in a vehicle for an hour & 15 minutes, in hard labor to get to the hospital.. Grant it, it wasn't the closest hospital, but the closest one doesn't deliver babies :)

WLMcCoy said:

Here in WNC (Western North Carolina), it's "y'all" for one person and "you'uns" for more than one (instead of all y'all). DH tells me it's part of an actual mountain language (the name of which escapes me right now).

HA I thought of one!!!

Your catalogs are wrinkled!

That doesn't sound very catty does it? Well, it's the best I can do.

LOL I read the title and thougt BULLIES...whats wrong with saying BULLIES?? Then after reading the thread I realized she meant B-o-tche$

I must be tired!

Bullies is a great alternative from the actual meaning LOL

1. Can I use the word "b****Es" in the title of my post?

Yes, you are allowed to use that word in the title of your post. However, please keep in mind that it may be offensive to some individuals and could potentially violate the forum's code of conduct.

2. Why did you feel the need to thank everyone for not being mean on this forum?

The poster likely wanted to express their appreciation for the respectful and friendly atmosphere on the forum. They may have had negative experiences on other forums and wanted to acknowledge the difference on this particular platform.

3. How do you define "clique-y" in reference to a forum?

A clique-y forum refers to a community where certain individuals or groups hold a tight-knit social circle and may exclude others from participating in discussions or activities.

4. Is it common for people to get personal and mean on other forums?

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for individuals to become aggressive and personal when engaging in debates or discussions on online forums. This can lead to a toxic and unwelcoming environment for other members.

5. Can we have debates and discussions without degrading others or making them cry?

Yes, it is possible to have healthy and respectful debates and discussions without resorting to personal attacks or hurtful language. The Pampered Chef forum encourages members to express their opinions and engage in debates while maintaining a positive and inclusive atmosphere.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
newatthis
  • yummy4tummy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedalf