• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Terrific Salsa Recipes - Any to Share?

In summary, Teresa's salsa recipe calls for 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 4 large fresh tomatoes or 12 Romas, 8-12 fresh jalapenos, 1 purple onion, 2-3 bunches of cilantro, 2 T garlic salt, 2 T lemon pepper, juice of 3 limes, 4 T minced garlic from a jar, and pulse in 1/2 batch. The salsa recipe ChefBeckyD's uses calls for 2 tomatoes, 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro, 1 red onion chopped, 1 can of chile peppers, I lime, juiced, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1 T. cumin, 1 T. southwest seasoning, salt and pepper. The salsa recipe I use at shows when
VeronicaW
Gold Member
I'm looking for a Terrific Salsa Recipe!
Does anyone have one, or two?
TIA :)

Here's my homemade salsa recipe It looks like alot but it will be gone very quickly. We also like to warm it up. Enjoy!!Teresa (Make it 1/2 batch at a time so your blender doesn't overflow.)Teresa's Salsa2 lg cans Del Monte tomatoes (do not drain or just drain 1)4 large fresh tomatoes or 12 Romas8 - 12 fresh jalapenos scorched in a saute pan I make them really black (cool slightly)1 purple onion cut into chunks (plus 1/2 of another that you chop & reserve)2-3 bunches of cilantro (save some back that you snip)2 T garlic salt2 T lemon pepperjuice of 3 limes depending on size4 T minced garlic from a jar (this is the only recipe I ever use this for)Pulse tomatoes, jalepenos (stems removed but leave seeds in for the heat) & onion in blender on ice crush speed. Add the garlic, spices and lime juice season with a little Lawry's seasoning salt if necessary.Quickly pulse in cilantro (you can add the stems too )Pour into large plastic container stir in snipped cilantro and remaining onion.Stir every 4-6 hoursBecause of the scorched jalapenos it might have a brownish tint but it is so yummy!!Refrigerate overnight.

ChefBeckyD's is great too...all my tomatoes are going into that this year.

The salsa recipe I use at shows when I do the salsa demo with the salad choppers is now the only salsa my family will eat. 2 tomatoes, 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro, 1 red onion chopped, 1 can of chile peppers, I lime, juiced, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1 T. cumin, 1 T. southwest seasoning, salt and pepper. Chop with salad choppers. YUMMMM

janetupnorth said:
ChefBeckyD's is great too...all my tomatoes are going into that this year.

But mine is for a big batch to can or freeze - I just figured she was wanting a recipe for fresh?

I have the tupperware thing (I know: contraban!!) but I love it! I put 2 or 3 small tomatoes in it, 1/4 red onion, 2 cloves of garlic, some cilantro, SW seasoning, and fresh lime juice. Sometimes, I'll add a little fresh zucchini juliennes in there. You'd be amazed at the taste difference! Its really good. don't knock it till you've tried it! ;)

Also, if you just have a lot of tomatoes sitting around and you don't want them to go to waste, you can always can them. Or stew them and freeze 'em for homemade marinara. YUM!

I received 4 ripe tomatoes and 4 not-yet ripe tomatoes from my MIL, I don't know what to do w/them!
That's why I thought of Salsa, yes I am looking for fresh tomato recipes.

I'd like to get chefbeckyD's too, can someone pass that along?

I love the idea of Marinara Sauce -recipe???? :)

oh, if you "ONLY" have that many I wouldn't waste them on salsa I'd serve BLT's :)

ChefBeckyD said:
But mine is for a big batch to can or freeze - I just figured she was wanting a recipe for fresh?

I halved yours successfully twice. :)

...I'm due to make another batch if my tomatoes ripen before the frost gets them!

Thank You!

ragschef said:
I have the tupperware thing (I know: contraban!!) but I love it! I put 2 or 3 small tomatoes in it, 1/4 red onion, 2 cloves of garlic, some cilantro, SW seasoning, and fresh lime juice. Sometimes, I'll add a little fresh zucchini juliennes in there. You'd be amazed at the taste difference! Its really good. don't knock it till you've tried it! ;)

Also, if you just have a lot of tomatoes sitting around and you don't want them to go to waste, you can always can them. Or stew them and freeze 'em for homemade marinara. YUM!

Speaking of leftover tomatoes.. I have been "sun drying" them. I did two huge bags of cherry tomatoes in my oven. Olive oil on large sheet pan, wash and dry tomatoes and spread in a single layer. Roll them around so that the oil gets all over. Sprinkle with cracked pepper and sea/kosher salt and bake. I started the first batch at 400 for 15 min, then dropped the temp to 250/200 and just let them go until they dry. It took about 8 hours but they turned out so good.

PamperChefCarol said:
Speaking of leftover tomatoes.. I have been "sun drying" them. I did two huge bags of cherry tomatoes in my oven. Olive oil on large sheet pan, wash and dry tomatoes and spread in a single layer. Roll them around so that the oil gets all over. Sprinkle with cracked pepper and sea/kosher salt and bake. I started the first batch at 400 for 15 min, then dropped the temp to 250/200 and just let them go until they dry. It took about 8 hours but they turned out so good.

Sounds good - did you leave them whole?

Related to Terrific Salsa Recipes - Any to Share?

1. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned for salsa recipes?

Yes, you can definitely use fresh tomatoes for salsa recipes. In fact, some people prefer the taste of fresh tomatoes over canned. Just make sure to dice them finely and drain out any excess liquid before adding them to your salsa.

2. How long will homemade salsa last in the fridge?

Homemade salsa can typically last for about 5-7 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. However, its freshness and taste may start to decline after a few days, so it's best to consume it within the first few days.

3. Is there a way to make salsa less spicy?

Yes, you can adjust the spiciness of your salsa by using less or milder peppers, such as bell peppers or banana peppers, and removing the seeds and membrane where most of the heat is contained. You can also add a little sugar or honey to balance out the spiciness.

4. Can I make salsa in advance for a party?

Yes, you can make salsa in advance for a party. In fact, making it ahead of time can give the flavors a chance to develop and intensify. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.

5. What are some unique ingredients to add to salsa for a twist?

Some unique ingredients to add to salsa for a twist include fruit such as mango or pineapple, corn, black beans, avocado, or even cooked shrimp or crab meat. You can also experiment with different types of peppers, like habanero or serrano, for a spicier kick.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • lalemom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • jabis68