• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Salsa Recipe - Find It Here!

In summary, Sandi suggests chopping an onion, jalapeno, and garlic; adding grape tomatoes and a tablespoon of white vinegar; and seasoning with a tablespoon of chili lime rub.
jabis68
Does anyone have a recipe for an easy salsa to do? Just a basic one is fine. I remember seeing it somewhere on this website, but I can't remember where! Thanks!

Take your MFP and add a little onion, some tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and salt and process. Salsa is pretty forgiving and you do not need an exact recipe. I just did it tonight for taco tuesday for my family. I had 3 roma tomatoes, about 1/6 of an onion and eyeballed the rest.

Quick and Easy Salsa

Place 1 small peeled onion, 1 peeled garlic close, 1 whole Jalapeno pepper, stem removed, and ¼ c. cilantro leaves in Classic Batter Bowl. Coarsely chop using Salad Chopper. Add 1 c. grape tomatoes and ½ t. salt; chop until vegetables are uniform in size. Squeeze lime over salsa using Citrus Press; stir.

Sandi

I do the same...but use about a 1/4 of a small onion, and I chop the jalapeno in the food chopper so it's super fine...and I use whatever tomatoes are on sale...I use the zest AND juice...and somehow, even though I absolutely LOVE garlic, I always seem to forget that! I also add "tajin", a Mexican seasoning (but if I'm out, I use a combo of the chiptole rub and southwestern seasoning), with a little extra sea salt to taste...

I use half of a small onion, one clove of garlic, and a jalapeno peper in my MFP, put it in my batter bowl then I use my veggie wedger to cut up four- six tomatos and put two at a time in my MFP. I keep empting my MFP I feel like it works better if its not packed. I put cilantro in my MFP. I then squeeze a lime with the citrus press. Add some Chili lime rub and its done. At all my shows since March 1 every host wants me to make it It takes less then 5 mins.

Roma tomatoes are "meatier" so they will not foam as much!

Put 1/4 cup cilantro in the MFP and chop. Add 1 jalapeno, seeded and quartered, then chop. Wedge a small red onion with the veggie wedger, and add 1 section to the MFP, then chop. Finally, add 2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, quartered and seeded, then chop. Don't overdo at this point. Finally, use citrus press to squeeze 1/2 lime into the salsa, then add salt. Mix well and serve.

I have been demoing this and selling MFP and veggie wedgers like crazy. I will even say "remember what time is on the microwave (while the timer is going for whatever i have in the DCB in there). I will wedge 5 or 6 roma tomatoes and an onion. I only use half the onion though. seed a jalepeno and add that, juice a lime with the citrus press, press a garlic clove, have cilantro leaves ready in a prep bowl (I heard if you only use the leaves the people who have an aversion to cilantro won't be bothered. Its the stem that has the taste that they don't like) add a tablespoon white vinegar and salt and pepper (and/or chili lime rub). I do it in the 8 qt collapsible bowl and show how it is also a chip n dip. I've been bringing the ingredients to my shows and they cost less than $10 right now (including chips). People LOVE this. Then when I am finished I say ok what is the microwave on now. It is literally finished in just a few minutes.

you have to split it into about 3 separate "batches" in the MFP to get all the ingredients chopped, but it works out b/c the guests take turns pumping it.

What ingredients are needed for this easy salsa recipe?

The ingredients needed for this easy salsa recipe are diced tomatoes, diced onions, diced green bell peppers, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.

How long does it take to make this easy salsa recipe?

This easy salsa recipe can be made in just 10 minutes.

Can I adjust the spice level of this salsa?

Yes, you can adjust the spice level of this salsa by adding more or less jalapeno peppers or by adding hot sauce to taste.

Can I make this salsa ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this salsa ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.

What can I serve this easy salsa with?

This easy salsa is great with tortilla chips, on tacos or burritos, or as a topping for grilled meats.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BarbaraF
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BarbaraF
  • Mommy2amo
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom