• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Trouble for Not Having a Copy of a Tax-Free Order?

In summary, the customer is not tax free and he should be able to provide you with a copy of his certificate if he has it.
TinasKitchen
I have a customer here at work that orders for a deli that he owns. He bought 2 sets of simple additions to place in his cabinet for salads, etc. He said he is tax free and cannot remove the paper from his store to make a copy for me. I asked him about a dozen times for a copy of it. Will I get in trouble for not having it?

Also I got charged on my commission check for tax.. i wonder if I was charged his tax.. I never thought of it til now.

I am opretty sure he has to provide you with a copy of it tax exempt paper

If he is registerd with his State to be tax exempt -he should be able to provide you a copy of his certificate-if he doesn't want to take it out of the store-I don't understand that because I take Tennessee tax certficiate copies all the time from my customers here at work-All he has to do is fill out a form that he should have and sign it (make sure to get him to sign the tax certificate) and give it to you. (This doesn't sound right-don't let him take the tax unless he can provide you a copy or give you a certificate with signature. (Hope this helps)

If he is ordering for a personal business, he is not tax free. He has to have tax exempt status like churches and state/city/federal government. If his deli is a charity, that is different. We still have to pay tax, but we get a tax write-off when we submit our taxes each year. He should be the same.How did your commission check get taxed?Also, if he is using it in a commercial use, the warranty is not valid. If anything happens within the warranty period, he has to pay for another one.

I didnt think he was tax free.. I found it weird. I will ask him again when he comes back to give me a copy of his tax free certificate otherwise he will have to pay the tax b/c I was charged his tax on my commission check. They need the copy.

On my commission check for June (when he ordered) it said unpaid tax. $1.92 (not much but still)

I used to work for an oil company in Indiana. We just asked for their tax exemption number. It has been a long time. Do we have to have an actual copy of the certificate or just the number?

I work for the city and just have the tax number memorized. However, for a small business like PC, I would insist on a copy of the certificate - for your records.

Last edited:
For $1.92 I'd forget about it this time--not worth possibly losing business--it can be a write off for u---but not next time--he'd be paying..
just my 2 cents:D

I kind of agree with Susan, but make sure he knows that you are doing him a favor so he doesn't expect it again.

My husband and I are incorporated and sales tax free. HOWEVER it depends upon the state but we've only run in to a problem once. Spent lots of money on a generator power unit for our truck bought in NC and had to pay sales tax. Made no sense to us but that's what their law says. Something about being able to take it off the truck.
But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, my point is that as a corporation we don't pay sales tax as long as it's a corporate expenditure. Mainly we just use it for large spending. And we only have to provide our TAX ID number

When I was secretary at our church and members would buy something for their classes or VBS they would pick up a Tax Exempt paper to fill out for the proprieter.

I find it strange that the customer could not provide you with a copy. I think maybe he doesn't know otherwise.

Kris

Related to Tax Trouble for Not Having a Copy of a Tax-Free Order?

1. What is a tax-free order?

A tax-free order is an order or transaction that is exempt from taxes. This can include items that are purchased for resale or for certain types of organizations, such as non-profit organizations.

2. What happens if I don't have a copy of my tax-free order?

If you do not have a copy of your tax-free order, you may face consequences such as being charged taxes on the transaction or being audited by the IRS. It is important to keep copies of all tax-free orders for your records.

3. Can I get a copy of my tax-free order if I lost it?

Yes, you can usually get a copy of your tax-free order if you have lost it. You can request a copy from the organization or business that provided the tax-free order, or you may be able to retrieve a copy from your tax records.

4. What do I do if I am facing tax trouble for not having a copy of a tax-free order?

If you are facing tax trouble for not having a copy of a tax-free order, it is important to take action immediately. You should reach out to the organization or business that provided the tax-free order to see if you can obtain a copy. You may also need to consult with a tax professional for guidance on how to handle the situation.

5. How can I avoid tax trouble for not having a copy of a tax-free order in the future?

To avoid tax trouble for not having a copy of a tax-free order, it is important to keep all tax-related documents and records organized and easily accessible. This includes keeping copies of tax-free orders, as well as other important documents such as receipts and invoices. You may also want to consider keeping digital copies of these documents for added security.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefmoseley