• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax on S&H: Texas, S. Carolina & Alabama

In summary, there is no sales tax on shipping in every state, but the states that are exempt are listed on the order forms and the direct shipping charges are taxable in all states except AK, DE, DC, IA, ID, IL, MA, MT, NH, OH, OK, OR, UT and WY.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Is there tax on S&H in every state?

I have some possible cat. shows in Texas, S. Carolina and (I think) Alabama. So, I'm trying to have my order forms correct for those locations.

And does anyone know the sales tax for those states? Unless they are states where the tax changes by county, like here in Ohio - yuck!

Thanks!

Though I'm not sure about tax on s/h in all states I know there is in Texas. You can look up all tax rates on Consultant's Corner for each state on pamperedchef.com on frequently visited links. HTH!

IL has taxes by county, too. If you go to Consultant's Corner, there's a link to look up tax rates based on the city: https://pamperedchef.com/repsonly/my_business/taxrateguide/overview.jspRemember that there is no sales tax for the following states: Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon, and, as such, will not be in the drop-down menu. Shipping and handling charges are taxable in all states except AK, DE, DC, IA, ID, IL, MA, MT, NH, OH, OK, OR, UT and WY.

Watch the order forms, it says which states are taxable for shipping.

AnnieBee said:
Is there tax on S&H in every state?

I have some possible cat. shows in Texas, S. Carolina and (I think) Alabama. So, I'm trying to have my order forms correct for those locations.

And does anyone know the sales tax for those states? Unless they are states where the tax changes by county, like here in Ohio - yuck!

Thanks!

The states exempt from S&H are listed on the back of the order forms - in the same box as the direct shipping charges.

I live in Ohio and we are not taxed on shipping. I believe there are like 9 states or so that shipping is not taxed.

AK, DC, DE, IA, ID, IL, MA, MT, NH, OH, OK, OR, UT and WY are not taxed on the shipping and handling. Every other state is.

For the sales tax rates, it's probably best to not fill in the tax rate until you know for sure where it'll be shipped.

Yeah, I was surprised because every other DS line I've been involved in taxes shipping and says it's Ohio law!

What is the tax rate for shipping and handling in Texas?

The sales tax rate for shipping and handling in Texas is based on the total amount paid by the customer, including the cost of the item and any applicable shipping and handling fees. The current sales tax rate in Texas is 6.25%, but it may vary depending on the location of the purchase.

Is there a separate tax for shipping and handling in South Carolina?

Yes, South Carolina has a separate tax for shipping and handling. The sales tax rate for shipping and handling is 6% in South Carolina, but it may be lower for certain items such as groceries or prescription drugs.

Are there any exemptions for sales tax on shipping and handling in Alabama?

Yes, there are certain exemptions for sales tax on shipping and handling in Alabama. For example, if the item being shipped is exempt from sales tax, then the shipping and handling fees will also be exempt. Additionally, if the shipping and handling fees are separately stated on the invoice, then they may be exempt from sales tax.

Do I have to charge sales tax on shipping and handling if I am a Pampered Chef consultant in Texas?

As a Pampered Chef consultant in Texas, you are responsible for collecting sales tax on all taxable items, including shipping and handling. However, if your sales are made through the Pampered Chef website, the company will collect and remit the sales tax on your behalf.

Can I offer free shipping to customers in South Carolina without charging sales tax on the shipping?

No, if you offer free shipping to customers in South Carolina, you are still required to collect and remit sales tax on the shipping and handling fees. The tax will be based on the total amount paid by the customer, including the cost of the item and the shipping and handling fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • archie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
archie
  • MomToEli