• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hi Everyone,I'm New Here and I'm Trying to Track My Expenses Right

In summary, according to Sarah, the rate per mile that should be used on tax forms for deductions is $0.505.
sk8rgrrl99
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and I'm trying to track my expenses right from the start so when tax time comes around I don't have to scramble. Does anyone know the rate per mile that should be used on tax forms for deductions? I'm guessing it's about $0.42 but I'm not sure if that's national or if it changes by state, etc.
Thanks!
Sarah

It's $0.505 (50.5 cents). I don't worry about that - I just keep track of my odometer reading and mileage and plug it into my tax program. The programs (or your tax guy) has the amount right there. One year it changed part way through the year and you had to put dates to determine how much of the mileage was for each time period but that was easy too since I always date my mileage in my records.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and I'm trying to track my expenses right from the start so when tax time comes around I don't have to scramble. Does anyone know the rate per mile that should be used on tax forms for deductions? I'm guessing it's about $0.42 but I'm not sure if that's national or if it changes by state, etc.
Thanks!
Sarah

I just put it into P3 and let it keep track for me!

I'm not for sure of what the mileage is but I found it alot easier for me this year to keep track of my mileage in a book I bought at Staples. I keep it in my console with a pen in the current month. I've been keeping track of way more trips than I did last year.

wadesgirl said:
I'm not for sure of what the mileage is but I found it alot easier for me this year to keep track of my mileage in a book I bought at Staples. I keep it in my console with a pen in the current month. I've been keeping track of way more trips than I did last year.
I do this same thing!

ChefBeckyD said:
I do this same thing!
Last year I tried to use a small note pad but kept forgetting about it. I ended up keeping my mileage in my calendar when I was heading to shows but forgot about all those trips to the store, bank, PO, etc. This year I've kept better track by actually having a mileage book. I use flower pens for my shows so I tucked one into the book so it stands out to me to remember to write in it.

I've been writing down the mileage in a notebook that I carry with me - it's the one I'm using for all my expenses. I had no idea the tax program had the rate right in it! I use turbo tax.
Thank you!

What is the best way to track my expenses?

The best way to track your expenses is to use a budgeting tool or app. This allows you to input your expenses and income, categorize them, and track your spending in real-time. Some popular budgeting tools include Mint, YNAB, and Personal Capital.

Should I track my expenses manually or use an app?

This depends on your personal preference and the complexity of your expenses. If you have a simple budget and don't mind inputting your expenses manually, using a spreadsheet or pen and paper can be effective. However, if you have multiple accounts and expenses, using an app can save time and provide more accurate tracking.

How often should I track my expenses?

It's recommended to track your expenses at least once a week. This allows you to stay on top of your spending and make adjustments if needed. However, if you have a strict budget, tracking daily or every few days may be more beneficial.

What categories should I include in my expense tracking?

The categories you include will depend on your individual expenses. However, some common categories include housing, transportation, food, utilities, entertainment, and savings. You can also create subcategories within these main categories to further organize your expenses.

How can I stay motivated to stick to my budget?

One way to stay motivated is to set achievable goals for yourself. This could be saving a certain amount each month or reducing your spending in a specific category. You can also try finding an accountability partner or using a budgeting community for support and tips. Additionally, regularly reviewing your progress can help you stay motivated and on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ChefMoore