• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad: Hot or Cold?

I am subbing the pineapple with canned tidbits and it will save me some money. So that is a plus!It is awesome warm and it is awesome cold. Try it you will love it!
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Does anyone know if the jamacian jerk chicken salad can be eaten cold? The adult or kid friendly version.

Hmm, here I thought it was a cold pasta salad? It's actually warm?

It is awesome warm and it is awesome cold. Try it you will love it!

I had it cold in the trifle bowl with layers of chicken, beans, and rotini, all cold! Delicious!

BethCooks4U said:
Good to know, I am actully making it at my show this weekend and will probably be cold since I will make the pasta before hand and have precooked chicken. Thanks for the info!

Thanks...cold it is!

BethCooks4U said:
Is it really spicy so I can forewarn guests? I only tasted a spec of the seasoning so I couldn't tell if it had a major kick to it?

The recipe is good warm and tastes great cold as leftovers...

I usually can't handle things that are too spicy and this was fine for me.

HTH.

Good to know, I too can't handle spicy foods so I may even try this for the family !

I can't do ANYTHING spicy and it was fine for me!!

You can eat it cold or warm. We have had it both ways. I like it better warm -- but it is also very good cold.

heat123 said:
Is it really spicy so I can forewarn guests? I only tasted a spec of the seasoning so I couldn't tell if it had a major kick to it?
Not spicy but flavorful!

DH but hates dishes that have too much of a spice in it (so that it takes over all other flavors in the dish) and he loved it.

It wasn't bad for me either. I think that all of the lime cuts it, and we added extra rub to the chicken, after it was already marinating in it for a day! So we were a little worried about it being overpowered, but it wasn't!

A good substitute for the Jerk Rub is the Sweet & Smoky BBQ Rub, I accidentally used the BBQ rub instead of the Jerk for our cluster meeting this month and it turned out awesome!

Can you sub. the whole fresh pineapple with canned tidbits? Seems like it would be cheaper that way, since I'm doing a FREE show.

I did it with tidbits and it was fine- I even have done the tidbits without grilling and they were fine too!

Cool, thanks Gill, and good to know about the not having to grill either. I figured as much but wanted to make sure! I actually sub. tidbits when doing the Aloha pizza and it turned out fine!

PS. How would you rate this as a demo anyways?

I just made for dinner a pork loin with a little olive oil & sprinkled jamacian jerk rub on it. It came out really good.

For dinner yesterday, I used the Jamaican Jerk Rub with a little bit of olive oil on tilapia filets and baked on a stone for 20 minutes. My DH loved it! It's not hot at all--remember, Jamaican spice has also sweetness to it. --Cath

I did this as a demo last weekend and would say if you do this, do as much prep before hand as possible! I felt like it took forever to make with so many components. It overall wasn't a great show (multiple young children at the show are never good...), but I think that all the detail and time that this recipe took took away from the rest of my presentation. At my show today I make the cappucino mousse trifle recipe from the trifle info card, and that was one of the best demo's I have ever done! I would highly recommend doing a trifle instead of the pasta salad if you can get away with it!

I just had a show and demoed it and I am glad I did most of the prep before hand. So All I had to do was cut a few things and mix. Rating it however, even thought the guests all liked it (I wasn't too fond of the dressing I think) so I wouldn't try and make it for my family after sampling it.
Thanks for everyones inputs in the seasoning, which I did like the flavor.

Related to Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad: Hot or Cold?

1. What is the main ingredient in Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad?

The main ingredient in Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad is, of course, chicken. Specifically, it is made with grilled chicken breasts that have been marinated in a flavorful blend of Jamaican jerk seasoning.

2. Is Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad served hot or cold?

Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad can be served either hot or cold, depending on personal preference. The chicken can be grilled and served warm over the salad, or it can be chilled and added to the salad cold.

3. What other ingredients are included in Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad?

In addition to the grilled chicken, Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad also includes a variety of fresh and flavorful ingredients such as mixed greens, diced mango, red bell peppers, red onions, and a tangy mango vinaigrette dressing.

4. Can Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad be made ahead of time?

Yes, Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad can be made ahead of time. You can marinate and grill the chicken in advance and store it in the fridge until ready to assemble the salad. The salad dressing can also be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge.

5. Is Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad a healthy option?

Yes, Tasty Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad is a healthy option. It is packed with lean protein from the grilled chicken and plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. The salad dressing is also made with wholesome ingredients, making it a nutritious and satisfying meal option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
stefani2
Replies
Views
HockeyLover
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda