• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasty Greek Bolognese Recipe Review: 29 Minutes vol 2

In summary, Greek Bolognese is a flavorful twist on the traditional Italian dish, incorporating Greek flavors such as feta cheese and Kalamata olives. It is not typically spicy, but can be adjusted to personal preference. Ground beef is traditionally used, but lamb can also be used for added flavor. It can be made in a slow cooker and is typically served over pasta, but can also be served with rice, quinoa, or roasted vegetables. Recommended side dishes include a Greek salad, pita bread, and tzatziki sauce.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
from 29 Minutes vol 2.

I made this last night. It was very good and easy to prepare. DH especially liked it. His comment was: "I do like this. I wouldn't want it all the time but it's great as something different." He is known to appear to love something (not just talking about food here) and then commenting "it was okay" so this is a great compliment for that recipe.

Negative: It takes THREE Tablespoons of the Greek Rub.

That is a lot of it and if you don't have any on hand, it can be expensive to buy.Positive: The Greek Rub adds a great flavor to the dish. It's worth buying for this recipe because it really brings out the flavors of the vegetables and chicken.

Wow, that sounds like a delicious and easy recipe! I love when my DH enjoys something different for a change. However, I do have to agree that three tablespoons of Greek Rub seems like a lot. Did you find it to be too overpowering or did it turn out just right? I might have to give this recipe a try and maybe adjust the amount of rub to my taste. Thanks for sharing your experience with it!

1. What is Greek Bolognese?

Greek Bolognese is a twist on the traditional Italian Bolognese dish, incorporating Greek flavors and ingredients such as feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and oregano. It is a hearty and flavorful meat sauce typically served over pasta.

2. Is Greek Bolognese spicy?

No, Greek Bolognese is not typically spicy. It is a savory dish with a balance of herbs and flavors, but it is not considered spicy. However, you can always adjust the level of spice to your personal preference by adding more or less red pepper flakes.

3. What type of meat is used in Greek Bolognese?

Greek Bolognese traditionally uses ground beef, but you can also use ground lamb or a mixture of both for added flavor. You can also make a vegetarian version by using meatless crumbles or lentils as a substitute for the meat.

4. Can I make Greek Bolognese in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make Greek Bolognese in a slow cooker. Simply brown the meat and sauté the onions and garlic before adding them to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

5. What are some recommended side dishes to serve with Greek Bolognese?

Greek Bolognese is typically served over pasta, but you can also serve it over rice, quinoa, or roasted vegetables for a low-carb option. Some other recommended side dishes include a Greek salad, pita bread, and tzatziki sauce for dipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedCaniac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg