• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Fettuccine Carbonara W/Poached Eggs

In summary, this recipe from Volume II of 29 Minutes to Dinner is for a delicious and cheap dish that can be made in under 30 minutes. It includes bacon, garlic, and poached eggs, and uses multiple pots and bowls. While it may not be the best option for a show, it's a great upgraded comfort food recipe for making at home.
legacypc46
Gold Member
This recipe is in Volume II of 29 Minutes to Dinner.

Yummy. A dish I can see making fairly often. It came in within the 28 minutes indicated...despite my poaching the eggs too long. It's also extremely cheap to make (unless you buy parmesean cheese just for this recipe).

The bacon cooked up perfect in the microwave. I also liked cooking the garlic in the bacon drippings. Poaching the eggs was a little awkward, but we liked the end result. I erred on the side of caution and poached them too long, but the end result still tasted great.

I wouldn't consider making this at a show though. Too many steps (despite the "3" steps in the recipe). This is a great upgraded comfort food recipe for making at home. (IMHO :))

DH made this last week. I thought it was pretty good....it messes up too many pots though (unless that was DH, I should read the recipe)

No, I also think the recipe uses a lot: small stone for the bacon, pot for the pasta, pot for the poached eggs, and a S/S bowl (though I think you could just return the pasta to its original pot). I debated whether to gripe about that in my review, but let it go since we enjoyed the end result.

(Guess, you could eliminate a pot by simply adding the egg straight to the pasta like in a regular carbonara recipe, but we liked the change of using a poached egg.)

MMmmmmm, can't wait to get my cookbook!

We love Carbonara, and we love poached eggs - this is going to be a hit at our house, for sure!

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience with this recipe from Volume II of 29 Minutes to Dinner. It's always great to hear feedback from fellow chefs. I'm glad to hear that despite poaching the eggs a little too long, the end result was still delicious. I agree that this recipe may not be the best for a show due to the multiple steps, but it's definitely a great option for making at home. Happy cooking! :)

What ingredients are needed to make Fettuccine Carbonara W/Poached Eggs?

To make Fettuccine Carbonara W/Poached Eggs, you will need fettuccine pasta, eggs, bacon, parmesan cheese, garlic, heavy cream, and black pepper.

How do I poach the eggs for this recipe?

To poach the eggs, bring a pot of water to a boil and add a splash of vinegar. Crack the eggs into the water and let them cook for 3-4 minutes until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the water.

Can I substitute the bacon for a vegetarian option?

Yes, you can substitute the bacon for diced mushrooms or vegetarian bacon for a meatless option.

What is the best way to reheat leftover Fettuccine Carbonara W/Poached Eggs?

The best way to reheat leftover Fettuccine Carbonara W/Poached Eggs is to heat it in a pan over medium heat with a splash of water or cream to prevent it from drying out. Alternatively, you can reheat it in the microwave with a damp paper towel covering the dish to retain moisture.

Can I use a different type of pasta for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta you prefer for this recipe. However, fettuccine is traditionally used in Carbonara dishes for its wide, flat shape that holds the sauce well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
doughmama
  • legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies