• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasting Our Cluster Mate's Recipe: Demo or Prep Ahead?

In summary, this conversation discusses using a specific recipe for a demo at a show. The recipe is easy and tasty, but there is some debate about whether it is better to prepare it in advance or make it at the show. While some believe that making it ahead of time allows the flavors to come together and makes for a smoother demo, others argue that it is better to make it at the show so the cream cheese mixture is soft and ready to serve. There is also discussion about the focus of the demo, with some feeling that the recipe doesn't showcase enough products. However, overall, the recipe is seen as a successful and popular option for a show demo.
pkd09
Silver Member
I love the taste of this recipe. A cluster mate of ours brought it for our Recipe Sampling we had. I was considering using it as a Spring demo recipe but was wondering if it is better prepared in advance. Has anyone prepared it at a show as the demo?

Great for ShowsThis is a great recipe to use for shows as it works really well for the interactive style and it tastes great. I made it in advance for an open house I was having, and I thought it was better made closer to serving time for a few reasons. When I made it the night before and let it sit in the fridge, a little bit of the oil from the sundried tomatoes ran, and it just didn't look as pretty. Also, if you make it ahead of time, you will want to take it out of the fridge a bit before serving so the cream cheese mixture can soften up, otherwise it is difficult to spread, whereas when you make it at a show, it is nice and soft and ready to serve. I love this recipe!

While I find it very tasty, I don't feel that it shows enough tools to use as a show demo recipe.

It is better done right before - I agree the cream cheese mixture needs to be soft - while it doesn't show alot of product, its still a great summer demo - add some drinks in the QSP and then just demo with veggies - (make a veggie platter on the chillzane) to me its not as much about the recipe as it is the products and how to use them .

Hi there! I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe at our Recipe Sampling event. I have personally used this recipe as a demo at a Spring show and it was a hit! I would recommend preparing it in advance, as it allows the flavors to really come together and makes for a smoother demo. Plus, it gives you more time to engage with your guests and talk about the benefits of our products. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help. Happy cooking!

Related to Tasting Our Cluster Mate's Recipe: Demo or Prep Ahead?

1. How do I know which recipe I should demo or prep ahead?

You can choose the recipe based on your personal preferences or by considering the ingredients that are easily available to you. It's also helpful to select a recipe that is popular among your customers.

2. Can I make any modifications to the recipe when I demo or prep ahead?

Yes, you can make modifications to the recipe to suit your taste or dietary restrictions. However, we recommend sticking to the original recipe as it has been tested and approved by our team.

3. Can I use my own cooking equipment for the demo or should I use Pampered Chef products?

You are free to use your own cooking equipment for the demo, but we highly recommend using Pampered Chef products as they have been specifically designed for our recipes and provide the best results.

4. Do I need to provide the recipe to my customers during the demo or prep ahead?

Yes, it's important to provide the recipe to your customers so they can recreate the dish at home. You can either print out copies of the recipe or provide a digital version through email or social media.

5. How can I make the demo or prep ahead more engaging for my customers?

You can make the demo more engaging by involving your customers in the cooking process. Ask for volunteers to help with certain steps, or encourage them to ask questions and share their own cooking tips. You can also offer samples of the finished dish to make the experience more interactive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
higoobs
  • bgilmore
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies