• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tart/Quiche vs Torte Pans: Perfect for the Tropics Theme!

The new Torte pans have the unique design that creates wells on top of the cake. They are made out of stainless steel and are not the same as the Tart/Quiche pan. They also don't have a removable bottom.
Kathytnt
What is the difference between the Tart/Quiche Pans and the new Torte Pans? I found some recipes in the S/S 2005 Season's Best that would go well with the Tropics Theme show like the Coconut & Mango Tart and the Mango Salsa Sundaes Was wondering if the Torte Pan could replace the Tarte Quiche Pan in recipes

I was wondering the difference too!

I have the Tart/Quiche Pan but not the Torte pan, I think that the difference is that the Torte pan has the unique design create wells on top of the cake.

I have both...
Both have the wells... The New Torte pans have straight sides, the old ones are slanted...so I think the New ones are better for creating the layered cakes. I don't remember any talk of layering with the old ones... I could be wrong, I just don't remember.

Also, the old ones were just made of stainless steel (?) like the bread tubes. So they could rust easier. The new ones are like the cake pan set.

ChefNic said:
I have both...
Both have the wells... The New Torte pans have straight sides, the old ones are slanted...so I think the New ones are better for creating the layered cakes. I don't remember any talk of layering with the old ones... I could be wrong, I just don't remember.

Also, the old ones were just made of stainless steel (?) like the bread tubes. So they could rust easier. The new ones are like the cake pan set.

The Tart/quiche pan I have is the current one that is now in a set pg. 45. It is not stainless steel.

The Tart/Quiche Pan has a removable bottom, so you need to be careful about things leaking out to bottom. It is designed for (esentially) thin pies.The Torte Pans make cakes with wells in them. They are very similar to the old-style Flan Pans (the stainless ones mentioned above). Something in a crust wouldn't work well in the Torte Pan because of the shape of the pan- you'd get something with a funny hollow in the bottom.

chefann said:
The Tart/Quiche Pan has a removable bottom, so you need to be careful about things leaking out to bottom. It is designed for (esentially) thin pies.

The Torte Pans make cakes with wells in them. They are very similar to the old-style Flan Pans (the stainless ones mentioned above). Something in a crust wouldn't work well in the Torte Pan because of the shape of the pan- you'd get something with a funny hollow in the bottom.

So the new Torte pans don't have the removable bottom? From looking at the picture it looks like it does.

Nope - no removable bottom. They're essentially a round cake pan with a fancy edge and the bottom shaped so it makes a well. If you have the Spring DVD (it'll come in your 1st supply order), watch the section on the Torte Pan set. (Ironically, that's what's on right now on my TV.)

OH Sorry! I was thinking the OLD "Flan Cake Pans"
My mistake!

What is the difference between a tart/quiche pan and a torte pan?

A tart/quiche pan typically has a shallow, fluted edge and a removable bottom, making it ideal for baking crust-based dishes such as tarts and quiches. A torte pan, on the other hand, has straight sides and a solid bottom, making it better for baking layered cakes or tortes.

Can I use a tart/quiche pan to make a torte?

While it is possible to use a tart/quiche pan to make a torte, it may be more difficult to remove the layers from the pan without a removable bottom. Additionally, the straight sides of a torte pan allow for easier assembly and presentation of the layers.

What size tart/quiche pan should I use for a tropical-themed dish?

For a tropical-themed dish, we recommend using a 9-inch tart/quiche pan. This size is perfect for creating a single-serving tart or quiche and allows for easy slicing and serving.

Do I need to grease a tart/quiche or torte pan before baking?

It is always a good idea to lightly grease your pan before baking to ensure easy removal of the finished dish. For tart/quiche pans, you can also use a non-stick cooking spray in addition to greasing with butter or oil.

What materials are best for tart/quiche and torte pans in a tropical climate?

In a tropical climate, it is best to use non-reactive materials for your tart/quiche and torte pans such as ceramic, glass, or non-stick metal. These materials are less likely to rust or corrode in high humidity and will help ensure the longevity of your pans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefrhondab