• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tantalizing BBQ Ribs in the Deep Covered Baker!

In summary, the New BBQ Ribs recipe on CC with the Deep Covered Baker is a yummy and easy recipe to prepare. The grill pan is a great addition to the recipe and the ribs will be perfect for quick football season entertaining.
ChefNic
Did you see the New BBQ Ribs recipe on CC with the Deep Covered Baker???
YUMMMMMMM!!

I noticed it yesterday!! Will have to try it out!

I noticed it yesterday too! I printed it off so I can show my team tonight!!!:D

These will be perfect for the winter blues of wanting to BBQ, can't wait to try them! (I am choosing the grill pan as my next free pan!!) :)

The grill pan is awesome!! And I also can't wait to try the RIBS!!

I saw it today too! I am thinking of which meal to switch them out for this week because I really want to try them!!!!

It's not on the CDN CC:( Will someine PLEASE post it here, for all the Canucks who get left out of the good stuff!!

THANK YOU LADIES FOR STARTING THIS THREAD!!!

Ribs have to be my favorite food and more of a reson I LOOOOOOOVE my DCB!!

I'm making them tomorrow!
THANKS AGAIN

20-Minute
Barbecue Ribs
Our Deep Covered Baker allows you to prepare barbecue
ribs in the microwave, cutting their cooking time in half.
They’re hearty, delicious and the perfect recipe for quick
football season entertaining!
Ribs
1 rack (2½-3 pounds) pork loin back ribs (baby
back ribs)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
¼ cup water
Smoky Barbecue Sauce
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Smoky Barbecue Rub
2 teaspoons cider vinegar or white vinegar
For ribs, remove membrane from rack of ribs using Boning Knife (see Cook’s Tip). Season both sides of ribs
with salt and black pepper. Cut between each bone to separate rack into individual ribs. Arrange ribs, cut
side down, in two layers in Deep Covered Baker. Add water. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 8 minutes.
Turn ribs over. Microwave on HIGH 7-10 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 160°F when
inserted into meatiest part of ribs alongside bones and ribs are no longer pink.
Meanwhile, for sauce, combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue rub and vinegar in (1.5-qt.) Saucepan.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
Transfer ribs to Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Add 1 cup of the sauce and toss to coat.
Heat Grill Pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Place ribs onto pan; cook 4-6 minutes or until grill
marks appear, brushing with remaining sauce and turning once. Transfer ribs to a serving platter.
Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 590, Total Fat 38 g, Saturated Fat 14 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g,
Protein 31 g, Sodium 1430 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook’s Tip: The membrane found underneath the rack is not only tough, but it also holds in excess fat.
Removing the membrane helps to render out the fat during cooking. To remove the membrane, lay the rack
meaty side down. Using the tip of the Boning Knife, gently cut under the membrane on one corner. Using a
paper towel, grasp the corner of the membrane and gently pull it away from the bones. Trim any visible fat
along the underside of the rack.

They look so yummy! I need to go to the store, so I can make them this week.

Putting them on the grill is just to make the marks right? I don't have the grill pan and it seems like a bit of a waste of gas to put them on the bbq for 4 minutes. Do I really have to do it?

Sarah, be like the rest of us...JUST EXPERIMENT. I always experiment at my house and I always tell my mom and sister that if it doesn't turn out ok then I will take them to dinner...I still haven't had to take them to dinner. So do us all a favor and try it and let us know how they turn out.

I am going to the grill pan for free once I get all of my point.

sfdavis918 said:
Putting them on the grill is just to make the marks right? I don't have the grill pan and it seems like a bit of a waste of gas to put them on the bbq for 4 minutes. Do I really have to do it?
You probably don't HAVE to do it...but I think it would finish them off perfectly! Give them that grilled taste, and they would be perfectly cooked!

I own the grill pan, and I think I will try finishing them on my gas grill first- I love the taste of the grill!

yeah, i was wondering if you HAD to put them on the Grill pan.. but if not, then that is something else that you could attract guests to for the DCB.. They LOVE the fact that you can cook MEALS in the microwave!! I love that thing, and the ribs sound awesome. Im not a big fan, but i am excited to taste those!!
Oh and here is a dumb cooker question..
What type of ribs should I buy? I dont like fat.?

thanks!!!

If you chose to make these in the oven, how long would I bake it for and at what temperature?

OHHHHHHHHH!!!! :grumpy: :cry: :grumpy: :rolleyes:

I am so mad at myself right now!:cry: :grumpy: I went to the grocery store this afternoon (the one 40 minutes away that has the best meat, etc.) INTENDING to get some Baby-back ribs to make this recipe and I FORGOT to get them!:cry: :grumpy:

...I guess it'll be next week's new great recipe...

We Made These Tonight!!! Oh my gosh they were good!!!! And tender!! We combined Baby Back Ribs and Spare Ribs.

I NEED TO START USING MY DCB!!!!! Can you believe that I haven't ever used it yet?

janetupnorth said:
I NEED TO START USING MY DCB!!!!! Can you believe that I haven't ever used it yet?

Please tell me that it is only because you have had it for a week?? LOL I am just kidding, I haven't used mine very often either but I love it when I do use it.

janetupnorth said:
Me either...it's too pretty!!

YAY! Another recipe for the DCB!OMG, start using that DCB - it's awesome!!! I've made a ton of pork loin roasts in the microwave with it and DH loves it. I make a Cinnamon Apple Pork Tenderloin that is out of this world: http://members.aol.com/recipenook/cinnamonpork.htm

I just found this recipe on CC and printed it out and showed my DH (asking if he'd like me to make it sometime) - he was like, "HECK YES!! MAKE THEM TOMORROW!!" ;) So, I'll be going to the grocery store and buying some ribs tomorrow, I guess!!

[\QUOTE]I just found this recipe on CC and printed it out and showed my DH (asking if he'd like me to make it sometime) - he was like, "HECK YES!! MAKE THEM TOMORROW!!" ;) So, I'll be going to the grocery store and buying some ribs tomorrow, I guess!![/QUOTE]

:thumbup: ....Even our husbands love our job!!!
LOL

janetupnorth said:

JANET! Use it!!!!

I am completely booked for October (10 Cooking shows, and 2 Fundraiser shows) because of the DCB! All of my shows (except the FR) are specifically because of the DCB! I have been doing the 30 minute Chicken for almost all of my shows - and people are so excited about the DCB! I promise you will get Oct bookings if you do the 30 Minute Chicken at your Sept shows!

I know alot of people do the pork tenderloin....but the chicken seems to be the winner here - I think because Pork Tenderloin is more expensive - the lowest it ever goes on sale around here is $3.99 lb.......and chicken is quite often $.79 a lb......I don't know, but I always give people the option of the pork, and they still choose the chicken.

Related to Tantalizing BBQ Ribs in the Deep Covered Baker!

1. What is the best way to prepare the ribs before cooking them in the Deep Covered Baker?

The best way to prepare the ribs is to first remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. This will help the marinade and seasonings to better penetrate the meat. Then, marinate the ribs for at least 2 hours or overnight for maximum flavor.

2. Can I use any type of ribs for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of ribs for this recipe, such as baby back, spare, or St. Louis style ribs. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time according to the size and thickness of the ribs.

3. Do I need to add any liquid to the Deep Covered Baker when cooking the ribs?

No, there is no need to add any liquid to the Deep Covered Baker. The ribs will release their own juices as they cook, creating a flavorful and tender dish.

4. How do I know when the ribs are fully cooked?

The ribs will be fully cooked when the meat is tender and easily pulls away from the bone. You can also use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the ribs has reached at least 145°F.

5. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to cook the ribs in the oven?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in the oven. Follow the same instructions for preparing and cooking the ribs, but instead of microwaving, place the baker in a preheated 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes or until the ribs are fully cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • PCSarahjm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • Roadtripray