• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tammy's Journey to Hosting Her First Party: A Learning Experience

In summary, Tammy sent an email to her Insurance Agent asking about the legality of using a company logo on a car in Arizona. Her Insurance Agent called her to tell her that there are no rules in Arizona, and that Tammy can host a party for her on August 12th. Tammy is glad to have found this site and is learning a lot from the experienced chefs here.
TammyStar
I am new at this and learning something every day! I ordered the decals from Merrill for my car and didn't realize that some states have rules about these things. So I looked all over the internet and since I live in an unincorporated part of the county I don't need a business license so I couldn't find the information anywhere so I sent my Insurance Agent an email asking about this. So she calls me to say AZ has no rules on this matter and when can I do a party for her? She hadn't seen a catalog in 10 years since she lived in IL! SO I am kicking myself because I should have called her in the first place! So I rushed right over to her office with a host packet and we set a date for August.

SO thanks to all the seasoned cheffers here for your advice and insight. I hope to benefit from all the experience on this site!

NOW I just have to worry about driving "nicely" since the company logo is on my car!

:D
Tammy

NOW I just have to worry about driving "nicely" since the company logo is on my car! [/QUOTE said:
HEHEHE I have one on my car too... and have to remind my husband everytime he takes my car not to drive like he normally does!:rolleyes: You'll find yourself parking stratigically too! Congrats on the show!

good to know about the biz lisence and ok for it... I could start a whole nother thread on that subject.

Ooh, strategic parking... I never thought of that one. Thanks for the tip! ;)

that is a cute story I am glad she is going to do a show. My insurance lady just orders from time to time but when she does they are good sized orders.

I just had to laugh at the driving "nicely" statement! I am a terribly aggressive driver and my DH has been telling me forever to chill out....once the PC decal went on the van, he told me "now you are representing PC everytime you are on the road, so behave"!

I had wondered why he was perfectly OK with me getting that decal..............

I just got my decals in the mail, too, and was thinking I need to um...cut down on the...hand...singnals and "are you crazy?" stares.

Funny...this is the same reason I hesitated about putting a Christian fish thing on my car. lol. I guess I have some anger issues while driving.

Jessamary said:
I just got my decals in the mail, too, and was thinking I need to um...cut down on the...hand...singnals and "are you crazy?" stares.

Funny...this is the same reason I hesitated about putting a Christian fish thing on my car. lol. I guess I have some anger issues while driving.

Same here!

TammyStar said:
I am new at this and learning something every day! I ordered the decals from Merrill for my car and didn't realize that some states have rules about these things. So I looked all over the internet and since I live in an unincorporated part of the county I don't need a business license so I couldn't find the information anywhere so I sent my Insurance Agent an email asking about this. So she calls me to say AZ has no rules on this matter and when can I do a party for her? She hadn't seen a catalog in 10 years since she lived in IL! SO I am kicking myself because I should have called her in the first place! So I rushed right over to her office with a host packet and we set a date for August.

SO thanks to all the seasoned cheffers here for your advice and insight. I hope to benefit from all the experience on this site!

NOW I just have to worry about driving "nicely" since the company logo is on my car!
:D
Tammy

This is why I never put one on my car- because I'm human and some times I do stupid things in my car- not often...but enough to where I'd be so embarrased if someone called me to scream at me for accidentally cutting them off or something...

JAE said:
Same here!

I don't put the fishy on my car either...LOL

I also don't put political bumper stickers on anymore either- I had some damage done to them and my car during the 2004 elections. It was very sad. What is more sad is that I suspect that one of my assistant managers was doing it...

Oh well.

I have the whole kit and kaboodle on the back of my car and well, um, um, well, um, last year I got a not so nice phone call from someone that got my phone # off my van that told me to um well slow down in a school zone. OOPS! She called WAY after the fact so not really sure if I was speeding or not. Sometime depending on the time of day I don't realize I was even in a school zone.

My insurance agent just ordered about $60-$70. Just delivered her stuff today!

Related to Tammy's Journey to Hosting Her First Party: A Learning Experience

1. What is "Tammy's Journey to Hosting Her First Party"?

"Tammy's Journey to Hosting Her First Party" is a blog series created by Pampered Chef to showcase the experience of a first-time hostess. It follows Tammy's journey from start to finish, providing helpful tips and insights along the way.

2. Is this blog series only for first-time hostesses?

No, this blog series can be helpful for both first-time and experienced hostesses. While it does focus on Tammy's experience as a first-time hostess, the tips and advice can be useful for anyone looking to host a successful party.

3. How many posts are included in this blog series?

There are a total of 5 posts in "Tammy's Journey to Hosting Her First Party." Each post covers a different aspect of the party planning process, from choosing a date to sending out invitations to hosting the actual party.

4. Can I use the tips and advice from this blog series for any type of party?

While the main focus is on hosting a Pampered Chef party, many of the tips and advice shared can be applied to any type of party or event. The goal is to help you plan and host a successful and enjoyable gathering for your friends and family.

5. Is there a way to contact Tammy or the Pampered Chef team with further questions?

Yes, you can reach out to us through our website or social media channels with any additional questions or feedback. We are always happy to assist and support our hostesses in any way we can!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lt1jane
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • mrshamel3808